Old 08-02-2009, 10:16 AM
zinvestor
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brewswap Alternative

In a different thread, Jonathan posted
Originally Posted by jsouz
Brewswap starts at 5 pm Wedneday, on the deck. Colorado Microbrews only. JPS
I for one feel dissed that the Illinois Microbrew I had planned to bring to compare with the 'vaunted' Colorado Microbrews will be excluded from the event.

To that end, I propose that, with others of like mind, we motor on off to Frisco to have a bite to eat and then possibly follow it up with a Sundowner up to Loveland Pass to take in a Sundown in the mountains, and then motor on back to our lodgings. I will be checking the roads on the way in on Wednesday.

At the dragon, brew swap is truly a tasting/swap where people bring their local brews to swap for those from other regions. In addition, people who have left an area can request people bring a favorite or two from their old home in exchange for something similar from the new region. Nobody's local brew is discriminated against.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:28 AM
zinvestor
4th Gear
Brew wanted

If any of our Canadian cousins who are astute enough to be attending MITM4 would care to lug a case of Molson Stock Ale, I will have something to swap for it.

Bob

Old 08-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Ladidah
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm...we'll be in Wednesday night, too.

Brewswap or alternative brewswap? What to do...

Old 08-02-2009, 03:02 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
You must feel prematurely 'dissed' and unnecessarily so

because your Illinois Microbrew is not 'excluded' in any way, shape or form. As anyone who knows us will tell you, we are an 'inclusive' group and any posts I made suggesting Colorado Microbrews were just that - suggestions. Keep in mind that most of our guests do not travel with beer in car and so the suggestions I make are because a) Colorado Microbrews are good and plenty and b) they don't sell many others here anyway. So take it such that anyone and everyone is welcomed to come and share and we are not picky.

And if someone actually has the guts to show up with Coors Light then we'll try to keep our traps shut.

JPS

Originally Posted by zinvestor
In a different thread, Jonathan posted

I for one feel dissed that the Illinois Microbrew I had planned to bring to compare with the 'vaunted' Colorado Microbrews will be excluded from the event.

To that end, I propose that, with others of like mind, we motor on off to Frisco to have a bite to eat and then possibly follow it up with a Sundowner up to Loveland Pass to take in a Sundown in the mountains, and then motor on back to our lodgings. I will be checking the roads on the way in on Wednesday.

At the dragon, brew swap is truly a tasting/swap where people bring their local brews to swap for those from other regions. In addition, people who have left an area can request people bring a favorite or two from their old home in exchange for something similar from the new region. Nobody's local brew is discriminated against.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Ladidah
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you recommend some? I'll admit I like lighter beers but I don't drink much. When I do, it is Miller Lite or something - I don't like heavy, beery beers.

Thanks!

Old 08-02-2009, 03:09 PM
zinvestor
4th Gear
I don't know, Jonathan, anyone who posts "Colorado Microbrews only" seems to rule out anything else imnsho!

Old 08-02-2009, 03:11 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Bring a small sampling cup with you

We'll all let you taste what we have and then you can find something that appeals to you. I sure something nice will stand out.

JPS

Originally Posted by Ladidah
Can you recommend some? I'll admit I like lighter beers but I don't drink much. When I do, it is Miller Lite or something - I don't like heavy, beery beers.

Thanks!

Old 08-02-2009, 03:17 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
You are right. Especially if you take that ultra-literally.

But what has happened in the past is that folks have brought whatever they want, whatever they like, and done whatever they please. We don't rule out anything and folks seem always to just get along with what happens. We do not have a formal Brewswap set of guidelines, rules, games, waivers, teams, or the like. Frankly, I don't even recall any drunkeness in past years. In fact, it is probably a mistake to even call it a Brewswap.

Anyone for a renamed Brewswap to 'Happy Hour?' We can all not worry, and be happy...

JPS

Originally Posted by zinvestor
I don't know, Jonathan, anyone who posts "Colorado Microbrews only" seems to rule out anything else imnsho!

Old 08-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Batman1usa
3rd Gear
HAPPY HOUR ! ! !

I like it.

would Killians Red be a bad thing to bring?

Old 08-03-2009, 08:40 AM
danandtan
4th Gear
Killians Red we be a wonderful thing to bring!!

Originally Posted by Batman1usa
HAPPY HOUR ! ! !

I like it.

would Killians Red be a bad thing to bring?

Old 08-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Prima Car Care
Banned
Originally Posted by Ladidah

Thanks!
I have a suggestion... it's called Skinny Dip by New Belgium Brewery.

Yum! It is very drinkable by everyone I've ever shared it with, including non-beer drinkers and those who usually prefer the American lager style (like Miller Lite, etc). It also happens to be low-cal, but you'd never know it, IMO.

Here's a link to the New Belgium website page for Skinny Dip: HERE

New Belgium Brewery is located in Ft Collins and their beers can usually be found in most liquor stores.

Happy beer drinking! [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

-Heather

Old 08-03-2009, 07:09 PM
lotsie
Banned
Buying different beers for the swap as we motor our way through CO

Mark

Old 08-04-2009, 04:43 AM
pauhana
Take the high road
No rules, just beer.

I don't care for these myself, but a couple of popular Colorado brews are Coors Light and the Banquet label. Brewed just a few miles over the big hill and down a ways in Golden. But I really do like Killian's Red, which happens to be made by Coors, just like Blue Moon (a highly rated "summer" beer). If you want to buy single labels from all over the world (I think), where you choose each bottle (by the 6-pack), go to Tipsy's Liquor World at C-470 & Bowles.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:32 PM
BlueBonnet
6th Gear
Illinois micro brews! Cool. My first beer was Grain Bell, or something like that. Well, my first legal beer . . . .

Perhaps mid westerners don't realize that in the West we pretty much don't pay attention to the rules (although I enjoy watching Jonathan make them). Therefore a Colorado microbrew brew swap pretty much means there will be beer drinking. As for bringing New Mexican micro brews . . . wouldn't that be like bringing firewood to the coal mines?