MINI5280 The Motoring Society of the Rocky Mountain Region. Visit the club site at www.mini5280.org and Event Calendar.

New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 07:41 PM
ggunner
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds good
Thanks
Graham

Old 06-06-2013, 07:26 PM
LittleBlackBug
2nd Gear
Finally, after five years of wanting, wishing, dreaming and hoping, I found my dream MINI!! It's a 2006 MINI Cooper S with the Chrono package and cold weather package. Beautiful inside and out with only 59k miles and a black/red interior. There are a few minor maintenance things I need to do as the previous owner didn't drive it much in the last few years.

Amazingly, I've been looking for the same specs all over the US and managed to find it in Colorado Springs! And, I picked it up today while 40 weeks pregnant with our second child! Can't wait to enjoy my new (auto) baby this summer!

Attached Thumbnails New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!-image.jpg  
Old 06-06-2013, 09:53 PM
jbat66
4th Gear
That is cool, and congrats to both of your babies. :-)

Originally Posted by LittleBlackBug
Finally, after five years of wanting, wishing, dreaming and hoping, I found my dream MINI!! It's a 2006 MINI Cooper S with the Chrono package and cold weather package. Beautiful inside and out with only 59k miles and a black/red interior. There are a few minor maintenance things I need to do as the previous owner didn't drive it much in the last few years.

Amazingly, I've been looking for the same specs all over the US and managed to find it in Colorado Springs! And, I picked it up today while 40 weeks pregnant with our second child! Can't wait to enjoy my new (auto) baby this summer!

Old 06-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Mondogarage
1st Gear
Finally took the plunge! After a couple years' driving an old 911 on weekends, I could no longer bear commuting in my very nice, but very non-engaging, G35x. So yesterday, I picked up a 2012 CMS4 with all the bells and whistles, and I mean, all. It was an exec demo Cali car with 6800 miles on it. Will take pictures this weekend.

I know folks say the Mini is like a go kart, but imo, driving the CMS4 with traction control off and Sport mode on...more like driving a roller skate, and I say that in all the good ways. Still thinking of a name....

In lieu of photos at present, here's a 1:15 video...

Last edited by Mondogarage; 06-07-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:44 PM
old81
M6
Welcome both of the new folks, and adopted 06 with a new baby on the way, and nice video of a new CMS ALL4, could not be better.

When opportunity allows, join us on a MINI5280 gathering or drive, if your in Colorado Springs look up the SOCOM group on FB, a bunch of great MINI folks.

Don

Old 06-07-2013, 03:11 PM
Mondogarage
1st Gear
Originally Posted by old81
When opportunity allows, join us on a MINI5280 gathering or drive, if your in Colorado Springs look up the SOCOM group on FB, a bunch of great MINI folks.

Don
Already signed up for the Loveland to Longmont cruise on the 15th, and signed up for membership today.

Between MINI5280 and PCA-RMR, my car docket's going to be pretty full this summer.

Old 06-07-2013, 07:40 PM
LittleBlackBug
2nd Gear
We will definitely be checking some events out later in the summer, once baby is a little bit older. Can't tell you how much fun today has been! My three year old didn't want to take Daddy's Xterra tonight, she wanted to go in 'Her MINI'!

Old 06-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Mondogarage
1st Gear
Fresh meat in MINI5280!

WHEN did you get your MINI?
June 2013

WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name?
MiniPook

WHAT color or colors is your MINI?
Cosmic Blue, white roof and stripes, chrome mirror caps

What options did you get on your MINI?
Virtually everything. Sport Suspension, Cold Weather, Premium, Dual Pano, 18" black wheels, ContiSportContacts, HarmanKardon, Technology, Lounge Black Gravity.

This is a 2012 that was an executive demo in CA, so it had virtually every option available. Bought it with 6.8k miles, and came with more options than I would have ordered.

WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI ?
Would eventually like to upgrade intake and exhaust, find something to reduce body roll, and add front rally fog lamps, but want to get a bit more acclimated to MiniPook first.

WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used?
Ralph Schomp BMW - Used

WHY did you get a MINI or Mini?
I've always loved Minis, first drove one in England in the late 80s. Until the Countryman, never had a model I could put sufficient band gear in, and hitting 170k miles in my G35x, it was simply time. Also, after having an older 911 to tool around weekends for the past couple years, I missed that level of driver engagement in my daily runner, so the Mini was a no-brainer.

WHAT part of town will you be seen in?
Daily from Longmont to downtown Denver, 1st Saturdays at Cars 'n Coffee in Lafayette, all over Boulder County

WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in?
Tours, weekend events, cruise-ins, possibly rallies, autocross (if R60s are permitted)

WHAT can MINI5280 do for you?
"Wave when you see another Mini!" - ditto

Also, help me find the official Cosmic Blue Owners Club and how to make a too large photo fit in a NAM signature

Old 06-08-2013, 04:52 PM
old81
M6
We have members who can help you out with signature/photo issues, open up a thread in the main area and ask away.

Once again, welcome and thank for signing up to be a member.

FYI, A properly setup Countryman will AutoX just fine. I like ours with the 225/50/17 Conti DWS, but I imagine you could find a nice AutoX tire in 18. If you get serious with the AutoX try a bigger rear sway bar (adjustable).

See you on the 15th, should be a very good ride. Sign up on the Calendar.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:18 PM
raybeam
Neutral
Hi,

I am new to Colorado but not to MINIs. I am on my 3rd.

WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? 2007 Nightfire Red Base Model
2009 Sparkling Silver MCS
2012 Lightning Blue Metallic MCS Coupe

WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? Bancroft

WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Lightning Blue Metallic

What options did you get on your MINI? Cold Weather

WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Nope! I love him just as he is.

WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? I bought Bancroft new in Ft. Myers, FL.

WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? I love to drive my car. I love looking at my car.

WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Downtown Denver - Golden Triangle and University Park

WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) Any and all of the above sound fun

WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Just be friendly and welcoming! I am a Florida girl and I have come a long way.

Toodles!
Ray

Old 06-12-2013, 08:57 AM
old81
M6
Welcome RayBeam, a new MCS Coupe in a great color combination.

Come out to our drive on Saturday, if you want, you can drive with us without being a member, see if you like the fun MINI folks in Colorado.

We have a lot of things planned this summer, come out and enjoy. Drives, BBQ, MITM, more drives, we are a pretty social club.

Visit and like our page on FB, both MINI5280 and MITM as well as other MINI forums, we are lurking everywhere.

Always good to see another MINI at our gatherings.

Don

Old 06-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Haag75
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi,

I'm new to 5280. my buddy and I have picked up a MINI for tracking. The little guy is already modified with many more to come.

WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? 6-10-13, 2007 cooper s

WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? Don't have one yet

WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Red with black roof

What options did you get on your MINI? Options... Honestly I'm stripping every last option that doesn't make it faster or handle better.

WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? YES! Many mods already done.

WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Used from Green Eyed Motors in Boulder

WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Looking for something light and fast for track days.

WHAT part of town will you be seen in? In the canyons and at HPR

WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) track days possibly auto cross and hopefully someday soon racing.

WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Keep an eye in your rear view mirror at the track.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:33 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Welcome, sounds like a fun project!

Old 06-25-2013, 08:41 PM
old81
M6
Welcome guys, it was great meeting you at HPR.

Keep us up to date on the MINI and progress made to make it into a track MINI.

Seems to be pretty fast, we need to talk more on what mods were there at acquisition and what you have planned.

They can be fun, might try to keep it somewhat street legal so you can enjoy Peak to Peak when we run it on a drive with MINI5280.

Think maybe July 13, Saturday, come over for our Breakfast Club meeting, then we can go visit at your open house, then buzz Peak to Peak.

And thanks for helping out Rich, Blu will be back good as new soon.

Don

Old 08-12-2013, 09:10 AM
JonnyD
Neutral
WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? 6/7/13

WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? Nikki!

WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Starlight Blue

What options did you get on your MINI? Starlight Blue, JCW, chili red dash, black adaptive xenons, sunroof, sport suspension, 19" wheels, Harman/Kardon, Driving lamps, and some other random stuff

WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Eventually, after its paid off

WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? New - ordered it

WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Been wanting one for quite awhile, Mini finally made a 2dr AWD model so I jumped. Needed AWD for winter and fun factor, and the Countryman B-pillar doesn't agree with my height.

WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Foothills, and those awesome twisties.

WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? Rides, maybe breakfast/dinners

WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Point me to the BMW Solo2 club! And give me an opportunity for some interesting drives with like-vehicled folks.

Unfortunately, this is the only photo I have handy! Too much fun driving 'er to get out and snap a shot

Attached Thumbnails New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!-wp_20130622_001-1-.jpg  
Old 08-12-2013, 01:50 PM
old81
M6
Welcome I think we saw your Paceman up at MITM in Avon, yes?

BMWCCA of the Rockies, Google it. They run a very strong AutoX season here along the Front Range.

Good club, the also do some really nice DE days at the track, HPR and Pueblo and possibly at PPIR just below Colorado Springs.

Nice MINI, JCW Paceman with all options?

I hope you have joined MINI5280, but not really needed to come out and drive with us.

Don

Old 08-12-2013, 04:54 PM
JonnyD
Neutral
Yeah, that was me! It was a good time, I'll be sure to make more days of the event next year. Thanks again for getting us dinner tickets even though I totally screwed up when registering! I'll join Mini5280 very soon, I'd like to support the good work you guys do.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:53 PM
mstover
2nd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New CMS All4 in Evergreen

• WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)?
We put down the deposit on Saturday (12October13), pick it up Tuesday after they add on the clear bra and tinting.

• WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name?
Rupert....don't know why, it just sort of fits. I saw the car, and the name just popped out.

• WHAT color or colors is your MINI?
Royal Grey body and roof....non contrasting colors. i wanted a white roof, but I didn't want to order a car and wait for it.

• What options did you get on your MINI?

6-SPEED AUTOMATIC SILVER ALLOY WHEELS
CHROME LINE INTERIOR
CENTER ARMREST
ANTHRACITE HEADLINER
CARBON BLACK, COLOR LINE
CARBON BLACK, INTERIOR COLOR
FLAT LOAD FLOOR
XENON HEADLIGHTS
ADAPTIVE LIGHT CONTROL
WHITE TURN SIGNAL INDICATORS
ALL-SEASON TIRES
COLD WEATHER PKG -inc: heated front seats, heated pwr folding mirrors w/washer jets
MINI CONNECTED PKG -inc: center armrest, Mini connected w/voice-command, comfort Bluetooth, USB/iPod adapter, smartphone integration
PREMIUM PKG 2 -inc: pwr dual pane tilt/sliding panoramic sunroof, auto headlights, rain sensing windshield wipers, auto climate control
TECHNOLOGY PKG -inc: Harman Kardon sound system, satellite radio w/1-year subscription, Mini connected pkg, comfort access keyless entry
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini?
Not for a while. First will be to add in my own GPS, and add on a roof rack.

• WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used?
New, Ralph Schomp.

• WHY did you get a MINI or Mini?
I live in Evergreen so need all wheel drive. Saw one and got interested over a year ago, then on a whim went over to Schomp on a long lunch hour. Fell in love with it on the first test drive. The following weekend I took my son over and did another test drive. The week after that I brought my wife. Still hooked, but having owned subarus for years, I just couldn't do it. I talked to any MINI driver I could about their experience. I read as much as I could on NAM. Finally, one year later (nearly to the day) I made the purchase.

• WHAT part of town will you be seen in?
I live in Evergreen, but will be commuting to Lakewood daily...if the Government shutdown ever ends so I can go back to work.

• WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.)
Open for anything. All sound like fun. i would like to the MINI in the Mountains next year.

• WHAT can MINI5280 do for you?
Make a fun car even more fun. Advice on ownership, recommendations for mods etc.

Looking forward to having a car that is fun again.

***********UPDATE************

I spoke too soon it seems. I was to pick up the car today after having the clear bra and tinting done, but I got an email yesterday saying, "sorry, we sold your car". Seems that we went in on Saturday and picked out a car that was in reality sold on Friday. So, I'm back to looking again. Needless to say I'm very upset. I know clerical errors happen, but this was a heart-breaker for me. I still want a Countryman, but now the wife is pushing to go back to Subaru....not gonna happen. So, I'll see you all in the 5280 group eventually, but Rupert is no more.

***********UPDATE 2**********

I Finally got a 2014 Countryman S All4....this time I waited to post here till it was actually sitting in my garage.

• WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)?
We picked it up Saturday 23 November 2013.

• WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name?
Wolowitz....after Howard in the Big Bang Theory.

• WHAT color or colors is your MINI?
Royal Grey body and Black roof and mirrors.

• What options did you get on your MINI?

6-Speed Steptronic Automatic Transmission
Anthracite 17” Wheels
Chrome Line Interior
Anthracite Headliner
Flat Load Floor
Xenon Headlights
Adaptive Light Controld
City Pack
Cold Weather Pack
Loaded Pack
Premium Pack
MINI Connected Pack
Technology Pack
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini?
I had a clear bra and tinting added....I also bought the rubber mats.

• WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used?
New, Ralph Schomp.

• WHY did you get a MINI or Mini?
I live in Evergreen so need all wheel drive. Saw one and got interested over a year ago, then on a whim went over to Schomp on a long lunch hour. Fell in love with it on the first test drive. The following weekend I took my son over and did another test drive. The week after that I brought my wife. Still hooked, but having owned subarus for years, I just couldn't do it. I talked to any MINI driver I could about their experience. I read as much as I could on NAM. Finally, over one year later I made the purchase....then after they told me they already sold it the 2013 I ended up getting the 2014.

• WHAT part of town will you be seen in?
I live in Evergreen, but will be commuting to Lakewood daily.

• WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.)
Open for anything. All sound like fun. i would like to the MINI in the Mountains next year.

• WHAT can MINI5280 do for you?
Make a fun car even more fun. Advice on ownership, recommendations for mods etc.

I'm absolutely loving having a car that is fun again. It's been years since I looked for excuses to go take the car out for a drive. This little car is a blast.

Last edited by mstover; 11-25-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: UPDATE INFORMATION
Old 10-14-2013, 09:04 AM
old81
M6
Congratulations on Rupert, we have found our Countryman to be excellent in the snow.

Welcome and come out for some drives with MINI5280, lots of folks own a CM as well
as a hardtop.

Don

Old 10-30-2013, 09:08 PM
C-RMINI
1st Gear
Hello All!

• WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? Put deposit down on 10/5/13, and thanks to government shut down, was not able to pick it up until 10/28/13.
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? Clara. It's a Doctor Who reference. Clara is one of his companions. Clara is my "car"panion.
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? White with black roof
  • What options did you get on your MINI? Automatic (bad knees), premium pkg, cold weather pkg
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Not that I have thought of yet.
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? New 2014 Countryman All4 from MINI of Loveland
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Because it was adorable! I love the size of it. It's just perfect.
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Live in Broomfield, so all around town there. Drive up 287 daily to work in Boulder.
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) All kinds of rides and gatherings to meet new people.
  • WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Help me out with any questions I might have, issues (heaven forbid) that might arise, and it can give me a great group of people to meet and have fun with.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:23 PM
old81
M6
Welcome C-RMini and Your Countryman.

Come out an play with us this weekend at Yalla Yalla, Saturday in your neck of the woods.

Enjoy the MINI, enjoy the club when you can.

Don

Old 10-31-2013, 05:44 PM
C-RMINI
1st Gear
Thanks Don! I am planning on coming Saturday. I have been loving driving around this week and can't wait to meet up with the club.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:22 AM
10Zero
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Old member of MINI5280 (up to about 2 years ago) with my 2010 R56, wanting to join up with you guys again...someone point to where I can do this? Got away from MINIs for awhile, but I'm back with a 2006 R53.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:39 PM
old81
M6
Welcome back 10... Go to mini5280.org and mouse over the About tab: Then select the membership menu item.

If your a windows user and using the AVG free software you will get some nutty alert from that virus protection, it is bogus and they have not fixed that crap for a year.

Enjoy your R53.

Don

Old 11-09-2013, 06:56 AM
pyrrhusmj
4th Gear
Not new to NAM or MINI's but am new to Colorado

Hi everyone. I am up in Colorado working for possibly the next year or so. I am up here without my wife and dogs (no 2 legged children). I am currently staying in Broomfield and working in Brighton. I would love to meet up with some folks and get to know the club.

I am looking at the events calends and realize I missed the November event and won't be able to make the December event. Do people in the club have happy hour or anything?

Michael

Quick Reply: New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!