MINI5280 The Motoring Society of the Rocky Mountain Region. Visit the club site at www.mini5280.org and Event Calendar.

New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 07:54 AM
old81
M6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome Michael and your Countryman.

If you are around come to the Fiesta in December, but we will have other things going this month and next.

We do not do happy hour, but we do get together for rides and if I get off my backside we will try have a gathering during the week.

So watch here and on Facebook if you do FB.

Don

Old 11-09-2013, 08:22 AM
pyrrhusmj
4th Gear
Originally Posted by old81
Welcome Michael and your Countryman.

If you are around come to the Fiesta in December, but we will have other things going this month and next.

We do not do happy hour, but we do get together for rides and if I get off my backside we will try have a gathering during the week.

So watch here and on Facebook if you do FB.

Don
Thanks Don!

Old 11-11-2013, 11:32 AM
10Zero
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 10Zero
Old member of MINI5280 (up to about 2 years ago) with my 2010 R56, wanting to join up with you guys again...someone point to where I can do this? Got away from MINIs for awhile, but I'm back with a 2006 R53.
Signed up, and glad to be back! Looking forward to meeting some of you at the Christmas Fiesta ;-) (some of you I'll be meeting "again")

Old 11-11-2013, 09:32 PM
captainslow
2nd Gear
Hey y'all. Checking in from Fort Collins. Picked up my '06 DS JCW on Saturday and I'm in love! Perfect compliment to my Dakar Yellow BMW M Coupe

WHEN did you get your MINI?
November 9th, 2013

WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name?
Nigel Shiftright

WHAT color or colors is your MINI?
Dark Silver. Black Roof. Too much chrome

What options did you get on your MINI?
JCW Package (serial numbered), Premium Package, Sunroofs, Navigation, H/K, too much chrome

WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI ?
Have already ordered a DICE Mediabridge, Bentley Manual, stubby antenna and a silly decal. Planning on doing a full detail and removing the bonnet stripes; lightweight wheels in the spring; suspension reinforcements and bushings (Alta PSRS etc); de-chroming as much as possible. Anybody wanna help me do the aero grilles?

WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used?
Weisco Motorcars. Used. 52,500 miles

WHY did you get a MINI or Mini?
I've always had a crush on mini coopers. I drove a bog-standard '04 MCS back in '06 and was very underwhelemed with how it performed. Within 5 minutes of driving this '06 car, I knew it was a step in the right direction for my daily driver and I had to have it. I've owned 6 audis, 2 BMWs, 1 VW, 1 Honda, 1 MG and now my MCS! I need me some snow tires. P-zeros aren't going to cut it when the flakes fall.

WHAT part of town will you be seen in?
Old Town Fort Collins (look for a yellow M Coupe too!), C&C in Lafayette almost every month. I'm normally on my bike though. 2 mile commute is better for my body than it is for my engines

WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in?
Tours, weekend events, HPDE, autocross

WHAT can MINI5280 do for you?
Provide a good network of other car-nuts in N.CO for me to share my garage and beer with while I get in over my head on a M Coupe or MCS project.

Last edited by captainslow; 11-13-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:29 PM
old81
M6
Welcome Colby and your JCW, sounds like a nice low mileage MINI.

A few folks will be up your way on Sunday, bring your MINI over and talk.

Come out and drive with the MINI5280 club, see if you like what we do.

Don

Old 11-14-2013, 12:47 PM
BLU-BY-U
5th Gear
Welcome Colby! Come by on Sunday and get some Brit food and show us your JCW MCS!
Here is the link on FB about the event.
https://www.facebook.com/MINI5280 and look for the Jimmy Cs graphic. If you want to RSVP a space, contact them by email.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:49 PM
BLU-BY-U
5th Gear
Originally Posted by 10Zero
Signed up, and glad to be back! Looking forward to meeting some of you at the Christmas Fiesta ;-) (some of you I'll be meeting "again")
Welcome back, come up to Jimmy Cs this weekend.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:09 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Captainslow, welcome to the forum! Looks like you bought one of the best new MINIS made.

I'm down in Thornton but I can help swap out the grilles, its a pretty quick and easy job. Do you by chance have the interior chrome pieces? I've got the two other factory colors, but am looking to trade one set off for the chrome pieces...

Old 11-14-2013, 06:37 PM
captainslow
2nd Gear
pretty sure I have chromeline but I also have nav, so both of my gauges are above the steering wheel...

isn't the aero grille a little difficult if I don't have the aero bumper? I have read there is trimming and painting involved.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:06 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Yes there is a little trimming with the lower grille... Forgot about that. I've got a set here at the house, and my bumper cover is off, so when I get a chance, I will see what all needs to get trimmed.

I have the Chrono pack, so all of our trim is interchangeable! If you want to make the swap.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:07 PM
captainslow
2nd Gear
PM'd

Old 11-14-2013, 08:36 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Replied...

This is a pic of the web of the bright silver trim rings.

Attached Thumbnails New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!-image-2713934753.jpg  
Old 11-14-2013, 09:09 PM
Swimbaxter
4th Gear
Originally Posted by DICKS GARAGE R53
Replied... This is a pic of the web of the bright silver trim rings.
So you have the bright silver with the chrono package and you want to swap for chrome? I have chrome nav package and might be willing to swap. Pm me .

Old 12-24-2013, 08:59 AM
vistaracer
2nd Gear
Just got my first Mini. It is a '10 MCCS with only 7800 miles that I bought at Mini of Loveland. Laser Blue with blk roof. Have not named it yet but working on it. Sports Pkg, Xenon (which are great), comfort pkg, roof rails, Steptronic (which is a blast), Run Flats ( which I am not crazy about). I do plan on making some mods after factory warranty runs out in Sept. It will be my daily driver but the wife is thinking of using it to go to the RMVR Precision Driving School in April. Planning on joining 5280 and going to try and participating in some events.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:01 AM
Mondogarage
1st Gear
Congrats on climbing about the MINI Crazy Train, so to speak. 5280's been a fun bunch, in my limited experience...glad to see the family growing!

Old 12-24-2013, 10:12 AM
old81
M6
Welcome Lynn, nice buy. Do not do the RMVR precision school with run flats.

An inexpensive but somewhat sticky tire I have done laps with are the Nitto NeoGens. In 215/45/17, you can find them pretty fast in Colorado. Or you can go with extreme sticky summers.

Welcome and come out and play with the MINI5280 folks.

Don

Old 12-24-2013, 04:09 PM
blackta1983
Neutral
Welcome

Hi Lynn,

Welcome to the MINI family.

I went to RMVR Precision Driving School in April this year in runflats with my MINI and it was great! Also, I've gone to HPR in October with the same tires. A proper driver's track. Looking forward to see you in MINI5280 events.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:57 PM
vistaracer
2nd Gear
Thanks Don and blackta1983. My plan was to get another set of rims, a donut spare, and some non run flat all-season or snow tires to run for now. Save the run flats till spring and when they wear out buy some good non run flats for summer driving.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:20 PM
bryguy
Neutral
Hi everyone. New guy here. Here are my responses to the questions:

WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? November 26, 2013
WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? Haven't picked one yet.
WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Dark Silver Metallic with a black roof
What options did you get on your MINI? Cold Weather Package, Sport Package, Premium Package. It also has the xenon lights and headlight cleaners. I'm not sure if that was in one of the above packages. I know the heated sport seats, Harmon Kardon sound system, panoramic sunroof, and rear spoiler all came in those packages.
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Haven't decided yet. It already has black aftermarket rims on it.
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Used, 2006 Cooper S - 6 speed, Ralph Schomp
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? I've always liked them, and once I drove the S, I had to have it.
WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Live near the Federal Center in Lakewood, and work in Downtown Denver.
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) Weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, weekend events, etc.
WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Help me learn more about Minis.
and more.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Travelin_MINI
Neutral
New guy

I am not sure when I got my MINI I know it was summer 2013. It is a 09' Clubman (My wife got her for me while I was on deployment! She is the best!) My MINI's name is Rudy (my son got to pick the name.) She got her name name because she looks like root beer. She is Chocolate Brown with 2 Black racing stripes (might switch the color of the racing stripes but I am not sure yet) with a black roof and black pillars. I have the chocolate brown leather interior which I love! As far as mods go I want to add 4 Hella 500 Black Magic Fog/driving lamps to the grill using the VIP mounting kit. Stubby antenna and maybe heated seats. I say maybe to the last mod because it is a bit pricey since I am not comfortable doing it myself. Not sure where she got my MINI I will ask when she gets back. But it is used I have only been home a little over a month and it have already put about 3000 miles on her. She just went over 50k. I have always been a fan of MINI Coopers. But I first feel in love with them while watching the Italian Job ( I know I know lame) but it like being in the Navy and not watching Top Gun at least 4 times. As far as what part of town you will see me in I travel between Brighton and Buckley AFB so airport rd and Pena a good deal of time and I spend most of my time tooling around in Brighton Northglenn/Stapleton area. For events I am not sure if I will actually join the club since I work way too much but if I were it would be weekend events and anything charity related. I am just looking for fellow Miniacs since my wife doesnt get it haha! She doesnt understand owing a MINI cooper is a lifestyle. She whines all the time when its time to clean the house I go wash my car (which is true) BWHAHA!

Attached Thumbnails New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!-20131231_121121.jpg   New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!-20131231_120947.jpg   New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!-20131204_154210.jpg  
Old 01-02-2014, 06:31 PM
Travelin_MINI
Neutral
HAHA! i am such a dumb *** it says on the front plate where she bought the car! LMAO! So she got it at a place called McDonalds. That will be my next mod get rid of the free advertising since I dont need a front plate. (I was smart and registered the car in Florida)

Old 01-02-2014, 07:20 PM
DICKS GARAGE R53
6th Gear
Welcome home (from a 2 time OIF Vet), and probably see you around!

If you see a guy in a big white 4 door Jeep waving at you... Thats me! I work in Brighton, and live in Thornton.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:22 AM
old81
M6
Welcome bryguy and Travelin_MINI, both MINIs sound great, come out and play with MINI5280.

I believe the next drive is in Feb., it was in the January Newsletter, but details are coming.

I believe even a big Jeep could drive this one with us.

Good to have another R53 and nice Clubman running around with us.

Don

Old 08-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Maxximus
1st Gear
Looks like it's been awhile since there has been any "fresh meat," so let me break the ice. I am in the process of picking up a 2010 base Mini. I was involved in the sport compact scene back in the early 2000's, but took several years off doing the 4x4 thing. Now I'm back, and going smaller than ever!

WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? August 2014
WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? My daughter has chosen "Little car".
WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Chili Red
What options did you get on your MINI? She's a base model with not much on her.
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Oh yes!
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Boise, ID. Used.
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? I fit in it!
WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Englewood
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) I am open to anything.
WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Helping me through the learning curve on this car.
and more

I'm flying out to Boise to pick up the car on the 9th. This is only the 2nd time I've bought a car sight unseen (aside from internet pics,) but its coming from a close friend's family dealership. My first drive in the car will literally be 850 miles coming back to Denver. I sincerely hope she holds together.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:57 PM
old81
M6
Welcome Maxximuss and your new MINI, all MINIs are fun, sometimes the base units are 100% more reliable that the loaded ones.

As Rich C. (Club President) would say, come out an play with MINI5280. A lot of folks are out on the national MTTS rally but folks are making it back, so watch here and on Facebook for club stuff.

Don

Quick Reply: New Colorado NAM members, please post HERE!