Midwest Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas

A Kansas Club...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 07:16 PM
dazite
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think there needs to be a MC40 on the logo...not that I am bias or anything...LOL!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 367 Likes on 311 Posts
And a really cool tricked out grill badge?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:12 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
After a good night's sleep and time to ponder the potential possibilities, some thoughts:

I really like "WAMO", not a lot quirkier than "Wing Nuts". My wife's reaction to the initial logo offering was very positive as was mine.

There are at least five Mini owners here in Cowley Co. that I know of. The mental picture of six (after ours arrives) Minis caravaning to a WAMO gathering of even more Minis is inspiring!

Anybody who doesn't like BBQ should have their loyalty brought to question.

I haven't bowled in years, prefer golf, but what the hey. I did bowl a 270 once. I don't suppose one activity over the other makes a good beer taste any different.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Lessk
2nd Gear
I'm glad you like it. Yes it is inspiring to think that we will get this club going. That was one of my concerns when we ordered out Mini is if we would have enough interested to start one. We'll we already have enough intrested to start one and make some impact on the local car scene.

Theres nothing wrong with Golf either, it's more that anyone can bowl. Not everyone can golf very well. My self included.

The nice thing about bowling is we'll have some fun together and get to know each other. A club is about the people and the cars. Not just the cars. So if we go bowling we'll all be able to break the ice so to speak and get comfortable with each other. Which from those we've met so far that won't be hard to do!

The idea of WAMO has been around for a while. Now is the time to make it a reality.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:49 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Right you are about the golf/bowling equation. Only four to a tee box and kinda hard to get acquainted with or rawhide that guy or gal three holes away.
I am under the impression that some have already come together recently for preliminary planning. We would be delighted to be included in any further skull sessions that might come up. The assumption is that Friday or Saturday evenings are the most attractive for most folks. Please consider us available for future activities...as soon as we take delivery of our MINI. I'd hate to show up at a gathering driving Detroit iron. Oh, the ignominy...

Old 10-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Lessk
2nd Gear
Yes we've gotten together once. Next time we get together we'll do more planning.

PM me your email and I'll make sure it gets added to the list.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Lessk
2nd Gear
A little something different.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:41 PM
anklbtr
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Lessk

Now if you just made it lime green with a checker top we'd be in business

Seriously though, I'm liking what I see, keep them coming - we will have to pick something soon.

Derek

Old 10-28-2008, 05:59 PM
anklbtr
1st Gear
So any volunteers to organize the next event - both ideas sound good and I believe we should do both. I've been to that BBQ place before and always mean to go back, but just keep forgetting about it. I think the bowling would be a good change, although I'm usually happy just to break 100.

My vote is for bowling first

Derek

Old 10-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
{CRINGE} Properly stated, it is: "And now, for something completely different". Hate to be a word ****, but there are just certain times...{smiley face with a wink wink nudge nudge}
The Austin Mini mitigates the slip to a degree. How wonderfully retro.

If the intention of a bowling evening is to be a get acquainted party, could I suggest some kind of mixed up team scramble. Maybe draw a number from a hat upon arrival for lane assignment. After two lines or whatever are bowled, everybody with green socks or something else distinctive moves over one lane. The score card would stay with the lane rather than the bowler. Ya gotta get acquainted with your new bowling partners don't ya? So, determining a winning team would be fomenting bedlam which could be good for a laugh...unless some serious bowlers show up in which case...

I just hope we have a MINI by then.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:41 PM
paconard
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Fly'n Brick
{CRINGE} Properly stated, it is: "And now, for something completely different". Hate to be a word ****, but there are just certain times...{smiley face with a wink wink nudge nudge}
The Austin Mini mitigates the slip to a degree. How wonderfully retro.

If the intention of a bowling evening is to be a get acquainted party, could I suggest some kind of mixed up team scramble. Maybe draw a number from a hat upon arrival for lane assignment. After two lines or whatever are bowled, everybody with green socks or something else distinctive moves over one lane. The score card would stay with the lane rather than the bowler. Ya gotta get acquainted with your new bowling partners don't ya? So, determining a winning team would be fomenting bedlam which could be good for a laugh...unless some serious bowlers show up in which case...

I just hope we have a MINI by then.
As a league bowler, I am always game for bowling and I like the idea of a mixed up scramble style format. I bowl at Seneca lanes. It is a nice establishment that likely will not be run over with young teenagers on a Friday or Saturday night. It looks like they have some leagues that bowl on Friday, but I can check to see if they have any open bowling if you all are interested.

What time frame are we looking at for the next event?

Old 10-29-2008, 01:10 AM
dazite
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by anklbtr

My vote is for bowling first

Derek

I second that!

Old 10-29-2008, 07:33 AM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Will the lanes have those inflated bumpers in the gutters? Trying to mitigate the embarrassment factor.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Mrs. Anklbtr
Neutral
Is the BBQ place and Seneca bowl not close to each other? We could maybe go for dinner and then go bowl...

Oh, I'm Nikki. I'm new on the board and am one of the members of the newly created WAMO.

I'm married to another member of the board. I'll never tell who though...

Old 10-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Mrs. Anklbtr
Neutral
As for WAMO, I sent out e-mails last night (and have already heard back from nearly everyone) to everyone who came to Rowdy Beaver last Friday night for our first meeting to get info for the Member List. You know, addy, phone...stuff like that. I'll contact some of you here on the board who have also shown interest in joining, too. Then I'll e-mail the list out to everyone.

Now to get something planned....

Old 10-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Mrs. Anklbtr
Neutral
OK, I sent PM's to all that showed interest in WAMO. If I missed you, I apologize. Contact me and let me know if you are interested.

Cheers!

Old 10-29-2008, 04:52 PM
paconard
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Mrs. Anklbtr
Is the BBQ place and Seneca bowl not close to each other? We could maybe go for dinner and then go bowl...

Oh, I'm Nikki. I'm new on the board and am one of the members of the newly created WAMO.

I had the same thought. The main issue would be how long people would want to meet.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:10 PM
gasmini03
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are at least five Mini owners here in Cowley Co. that I know of. The mental picture of six (after ours arrives) Minis caravaning to a WAMO gathering of even more Minis is inspiring!

I haven't bowled in years, prefer golf, but what the hey.
Is that five different MINI owners or do some have more than one. I know that some of the people in the group do have more than one.
If we did golf it would have to be mini golf.
Originally Posted by Lessk

Originally Posted by anklbtr
Now if you just made it lime green with a checker top we'd be in business

Seriously though, I'm liking what I see, keep them coming - we will have to pick something soon.

Derek
Derek
I think you're wrong it would look better on the back of a blue pickup.
Galen
Originally Posted by Mrs. Anklbtr

Nikki
If I remember right I think they are about a mile apart.
Galen

Old 10-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
They are single MINI owners as far as I can tell. I only know one owner by name. The others will present an opportunity to get acquainted and pass on the invitation to join.

Mini golf can get awfully silly. Someone will surely step in and put a stop to that.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:11 AM
gasmini03
4th Gear
Mini golf can get awfully silly. Someone will surely step in and put a stop to that.
How can golf be that serious anyway unless you are a pro that makes the big bucks? I mean what's the use of hitting the he11 out of a little white ball and then having to go find it? Just don't hit the ball so hard and you can find it easier.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:08 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gasmini03
How can golf be that serious anyway unless you are a pro that makes the big bucks? I mean what's the use of hitting the he11 out of a little white ball and then having to go find it? Just don't hit the ball so hard and you can find it easier.
See what I mean? Just mention Mini golf and things immediatly start getting silly.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:11 AM
dazite
2nd Gear
Silly?! I take MINI golf VERY seriously... Bring it! I'll meet you at the windmill at dusk and we will see who hit par.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:18 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
I rest my case........

Old 10-30-2008, 09:41 AM
gasmini03
4th Gear
Originally Posted by dazite
Silly?! I take MINI golf VERY seriously... Bring it! I'll meet you at the windmill at dusk and we will see who hit par.
I rest my case........
Yea while you're resting your case dazite is kicking your butt at the windmill.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Aw right, aw right! Enough! I warned you and I warned you. But would you listen? Oh no, just went right on having your bit of fun, you did.

What will it take to re-establish what little scrap of decorum is left?

You apparently have no idea the mess that can be created by having too much fun. Fun will be left over requiring further planning on somebody's part to use up the remainder. It all gets quite complicated keeping track of what needs to be done next. Finding people responsible enough to deal with the issue is nigh on impossible. Silliness can not be left unchecked or left lying about where those with poor self control can casually pick it up and hurt themselves or others.

Quick Reply: A Kansas Club...