Midwest Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas

A Kansas Club...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 11:25 AM
planeguy
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeff....You mentioned autobahn power, Are they your choice for MINI service in town? When I need service I would like to go someplace that has wrenched a MINI already. I don't like the idea of being the guinea pig at a shop that has not worked on one before.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:50 PM
JeffM
3rd Gear
Well, I don't really have a chosen shop yet. I have been two places, Autobahn Power and Best Mechanical (both on 1st St.). Best is a BMW / Porsche shop that the Porsche crowd respects - I took my MINI there about a year ago for new rear brake rotors and pads, and was happy with the work and price. I figured they knew BMW, so would do fine with the MINI at that level.
I took the car last summer to Autobahn to help diagnose a failing power steering pump. I couldn't tell whether the noise was one of the fans or the pump. They investigated (it was the pump), and gave me a quote for replacement but suggested trying to make a warranty claim with MINI first. I did that and MINI covered it, so Autobahn gets points for honesty and saving me a lot of money at their expense.
I still take the car up to Baron MINI outside of KC for major work, and I do my own oil and stuff. My main cooling fan doesn't work on low speed anymore, though, and I think I'll have Autobahn Power do that work rather than driving 3 hours to Baron since I think the price will be about the same.
Autobahn Power did the work on a very nice looking MINI that was featured in MC2 magazine a while ago and that sits outside their shop occasionally, which helped guide my decision to go there. Bob there is very nice, and owns an Alfa Romeo which scores points with me (I have one of those too).

Old 05-27-2008, 01:48 PM
paconard
1st Gear
We bought the Mini used last summer and the tint was already on the windows. Our best guess is 20% based on tint work we had done on one of our previous vehicles.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:50 PM
paconard
1st Gear
We have used Best Mechanical and have been happy with their work. The owner seems enthusiastic about working on Mini's.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:35 AM
JeffM
3rd Gear
It's nice to hear another vote for Best. I may need a new cooling fan this summer, and would probably take it there as they are only three blocks from where I live in Old Town.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Shamrock
1st Gear
I want to join...

Would love to get a Kansas MINI club started. I live in Garden City (western KS) and I know there is at least 3 of us here in GC. I travel to Wichita at least once a month and i am from KC, so i travel all over the state.

Hope to learn where I can get some service help for some performence mods on my '02 MCS

Old 06-06-2008, 06:40 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Registration opens this weekend

for MITM3 MINIs in the Mountains, at Copper Mountain Resort on August 6-10, 2008. This is our third annual event.

Please see the National Events section here in NAM, and go to the MINI5280 Forums for discussion of the event.

Registration opens this weekend at www.MINIsintheMountains.com

We invite all of our KS Motoring Friends to join us for this event. Last year, we had over 340 attendees and we expect to top 400 this year.

See you there.

Jonathan
www.MINI5280.org
info@MINI5280.org

Old 06-06-2008, 07:26 PM
anklbtr
1st Gear
For any Wichita area people or anyone else interested - Lake Afton Car Show is on this Sunday and I'm sure we will have a few Mini owners (old and new styles) show up from the British Car Club. The car show is usually pretty cool anyway - I believe that it is the biggest car show in the area each year.

I think it runs from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM and is on the west side of the lake. We usually have a banner and some British flags flying so that we are easy to spot.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:21 PM
gotfast?
Neutral
me and a couple vw guys will be there!!!! hope to see ya

Old 06-18-2008, 06:09 PM
paconard
1st Gear
WAMO?

It seems like there is definitely some interest in a Wichita area Mini group, so what do we need to do to get this group going? We are willing to help with any planning and organizing that needs to be done.

Do we need to just go ahead and select a place and time to meet for the the first time? If so, does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 06-18-2008, 08:03 PM
anklbtr
1st Gear
Originally Posted by paconard
It seems like there is definitely some interest in a Wichita area Mini group, so what do we need to do to get this group going? We are willing to help with any planning and organizing that needs to be done.

Do we need to just go ahead and select a place and time to meet for the the first time? If so, does anyone have any suggestions?

I am certainly open to suggestions - I had thought that maybe we piggy back on to another event like a British Car Club outing, but it really could be as simple as meeting at Bigs on Friday night at their little gathering. The Bigs thing on Friday would be easier to plan around as it happens every friday. Its located on west central (just east of ridge road) across from Hometown Buffet and Applebees.

Sorry if anyone tried looking me up at Lake Afton last week - I was backing out of the garage in the little green one and the shifter mechanism came out in my hand - I spent the rest of the afternoon fixing that. My wife did have fun at the show (she took the yellow one and my daughter) so you might have seen the yellow one there.

Cheers

Old 06-23-2008, 06:18 PM
paconard
1st Gear
What time do they usually meet at Big's? Piggy-backing is usually a good idea since it means that someone else has done the hard work.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:00 PM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Anyone in Kansas going to MITM 3?

Old 06-23-2008, 07:32 PM
anklbtr
1st Gear
Originally Posted by paconard
What time do they usually meet at Big's? Piggy-backing is usually a good idea since it means that someone else has done the hard work.
I did stop by Bigs on Friday night but it was deserted, although I did see an ad in Sundays paper for it. I drove over to Central and West (SW corner) and there were a lot of cars there - I heard the guy who organizes it say 170. I think they start at 5:30 pm and run until 9:00 pm although by the time I get out of work, 7:00 pm is usually about the time I get over there.

Gotfast? did post about a Euro meet down in oldtown this Sunday

"we meet the last sunday of every month rain or shine at 2:00 pm on the top of the old town warren parking garage anybody/car is welcome to come"

He PM'd me last night and they are doing it this Sunday (29th) coming. They do have permission to be there just in case you are wondering.

Anyways - I am going to try to go to Central and West on Friday @ 7:00 and the Warren parking garage @ 2:00 on Sunday if anyone is interested (and weather permitting).

PM me if you are interested or just show up - your choice,

Cheers

Derek

Old 06-27-2008, 07:11 AM
gasmini03
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by buzzsaw
Anyone in Kansas going to MITM 3?
We are planning on going to MITM 3. What day are you leaving and what direction are you taking?

Old 06-27-2008, 08:03 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
For all WAMO members going to MITM3...

I will be coming thru Wichita on Sunday AM. I would like to drop off a few little 'gifts' for you....that you might enjoy. MITM3 related.

Just need to know where I might drop or, I can leave them at an address out on W. Central for pickup next week if that is better.

Just let me know.

Jonathan Souza
MITM3 Organizer
303-807-9483

JPS

Old 06-28-2008, 09:35 AM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gasmini03
We are planning on going to MITM 3. What day are you leaving and what direction are you taking?
Probably will leave on Thurs. and take 96 across Ks, then up to 94 to Colo Spgs for an RON. Then on into Copper. Wasn't pleased with our room last year in Copper, so am searching area for a better value.

Old 06-28-2008, 01:33 PM
gasmini03
4th Gear
Probably will leave on Thurs. and take 96 across Ks, then up to 94 to Colo Spgs for an RON. Then on into Copper. Wasn't pleased with our room last year in Copper, so am searching area for a better value.
We are leaving on Wednesday so we won't be able to travel together. If you are still looking for a better value in the area we're staying at the Alpine Inn in Frisco. We went though hotels.com and our rates are $65. for Thur. $74. for Fri.,and Sat. I think this is only about 5 or 6 miles from Copper.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:28 PM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
We are leaving on Wednesday so we won't be able to travel together. If you are still looking for a better value in the area we're staying at the Alpine Inn in Frisco. We went though hotels.com and our rates are $65. for Thur. $74. for Fri.,and Sat. I think this is only about 5 or 6 miles from Copper.
Thanks --I'll check it out. See you there.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:08 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
I am leaving a few little things

in Wichita tomorrow morning for you, with Galen.

Let us know what else you need to prepare. Bring jackets, and a few layers, for Mt. Evans. It is cold up there at night, and generally windy. Light gloves and a hat will help. I kid you not, ask the veterans...it is best to be prepared.

JPS

Old 07-01-2008, 10:47 PM
joenewton07
Neutral
Attention Kansas Mini Lovers!

This is Joe from wetdub.com, and we are pleased to announce a new addition to our website and our euro family, a MINI forum! We would love for as many of you to register as possible and show your support for the new mini club based here in wichita. I hope to be working with as many as possible to get your name decided and the forum working with us as soon as possible. Please feel free to PM me on here or on wetdub with any questions or concerns. We would really like to add you to our family over there, and seeing as how you need a vehicle to get started, we would love to be said vehicle!

see ya there :D

Old 07-21-2008, 06:53 PM
gasmini03
4th Gear
Thanks --I'll check it out. See you there.
buzzsaw,
Are we the only two MINI's going to MITM3 from this area or have you heard of any more? If you are going to be in Wichita any time before going to Colorado let me know and we could get together so we could display our MITM3 items that Jonathan Souza dropped off with me.
Did you find a place to stay in CO.?

Old 07-22-2008, 06:29 AM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
buzzsaw,
Are we the only two MINI's going to MITM3 from this area or have you heard of any more? If you are going to be in Wichita any time before going to Colorado let me know and we could get together so we could display our MITM3 items that Jonathan Souza dropped off with me.
Did you find a place to stay in CO.?
Hard to believe we are the only Minis attending from the Wichita area. Pm'd you our travel details.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Lessk
2nd Gear
Count my wife and I in for the Wichita Mini's! We have a '09 Lightning Blue and white roof/mirror and bonnet stripes.

I'm looking at getting a classic Mini personally. I also have a 1969 Chevy Camaro yellow with black stripes that I take to the local car shows occasionally.

I didn't make it out to many this year however. But my passion has been resparked lately so it'll be out more.

Old 10-12-2008, 05:42 AM
futuremini
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oops...posted in wrong forum.

Last edited by futuremini; 10-12-2008 at 05:55 AM.

Quick Reply: A Kansas Club...