Midwest Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas

A Kansas Club...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 06:36 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to worry, and go ahead and mark your calendar

MITM4 MINIs in the Mountains IV
Copper Mountain Resort in Colorado
August 5-9, 2009
Information located at www.MINIsintheMountains.com
or at www.MINI5280.org
or in the MINI5280 Forums here in NAM
or in the Rocky Mtn Forums here in NAM

See you there.

Jonathan

Originally Posted by futuremini
Oops...posted in wrong forum.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:18 PM
anklbtr
1st Gear
OK - i think it is truely time to get this Club going - do you have any suggestions on a get together. I think the best thing is to set a time and place to get together and go for it. How about the Rowdy Beaver @ Kellogg & West at 6:00 on Friday 24th. Lets see if we can get some interest going in this WAMO thing before winter sets in.

Cheers

Derek

Old 10-16-2008, 09:03 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Here is a good event you are all invited too

MINI5280 Anniversary Event

Last edited by jsouz; 02-11-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:29 PM
gasmini03
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by anklbtr
OK - i think it is truely time to get this Club going - do you have any suggestions on a get together. I think the best thing is to set a time and place to get together and go for it. How about the Rowdy Beaver @ Kellogg & West at 6:00 on Friday 24th. Lets see if we can get some interest going in this WAMO thing before winter sets in.

Cheers

Derek
Derek
I think the interest is here but we also need people that are knowable in how to set up websites or anything else involved in getting a MINI/mini club off the ground. So far in contacting NAM I have found out that if you already have a club they are willing work with you. Maybe we could start something outside of NAM.
If anyone else has any ideas please let us know here or better yet show up at where we are going to meet.
As far as Sue and I are concerned we'll be there.

Galen

Last edited by gasmini03; 10-16-2008 at 09:30 PM. Reason: additional info.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:24 AM
dazite
2nd Gear
Let me know a time and day and I will try my best to make it! I need to get the poor girl out and drive her anyway!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Lessk
2nd Gear
How about the Rowdy Beaver @ Kellogg & West at 6:00 on Friday 24th
You've got us attending! Sounds great!

Old 10-17-2008, 07:46 PM
paconard
1st Gear
Count Us In

Cheers

Derek
At least one of us will try to make it. I have a commitment in Hutch that night until 7:00.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:45 PM
claytonl
2nd Gear

Cheers

Derek
I will try to make it. Depends on if I can stay on the wife's good side this week.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:46 PM
SkiGirl
1st Gear

Cheers

Derek
Count me in!

Old 10-22-2008, 04:37 PM
anklbtr
1st Gear
Originally Posted by gasmini03
Derek
I think the interest is here but we also need people that are knowable in how to set up websites or anything else involved in getting a MINI/mini club off the ground. So far in contacting NAM I have found out that if you already have a club they are willing work with you. Maybe we could start something outside of NAM.
If anyone else has any ideas please let us know here or better yet show up at where we are going to meet.
As far as Sue and I are concerned we'll be there.

Galen
To Galen's point - are there any of you out there willing and able to help establish the club. Being able to generate web pages, research dull (but important) things like insurance - don't worry I did not say buy, and organize events. We can talk more about it Friday if you can make it, or post ideas on here.

Cheers

Derek

Old 10-22-2008, 04:38 PM
anklbtr
1st Gear
Originally Posted by claytonl
I will try to make it. Depends on if I can stay on the wife's good side this week.
Hope we see you Friday - personally, I can never stay out of trouble that long.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:44 PM
buzzsaw
6th Gear
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
To Galen's point - are there any of you out there willing and able to help establish the club. Being able to generate web pages, research dull (but important) things like insurance - don't worry I did not say buy, and organize events. We can talk more about it Friday if you can make it, or post ideas on here.

Cheers

Derek
I'll be there Friday nite to discuss details. Got some ideas.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:57 PM
gasmini03
4th Gear

Cheers

Derek
Originally Posted by dazite
Let me know a time and day and I will try my best to make it! I need to get the poor girl out and drive her anyway!
dazite
Does this mean that you are coming this Friday?
Galen

Old 10-22-2008, 08:34 PM
dazite
2nd Gear
As far as I know I can make it.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:28 PM
MinMax
2nd Gear
Howdy folks,
MinMax here, long time no post, or even vist for that matter. I spoke with some more Mini nutz, and I think we'll have a pretty good turnout.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Lessk
2nd Gear
Man we had a great turnout! Much more then I had anticipated. It was great meeting all of you and we truly enjoyed it. We're looking forward this club taking off. As I'm sure it will.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:43 PM
anklbtr
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Lessk
Man we had a great turnout! Much more then I had anticipated. It was great meeting all of you and we truly enjoyed it. We're looking forward this club taking off. As I'm sure it will.
Yeah - tonight was fun, some familiar faces and some new ones - lets see if we can get together again soon, hopefully somewhere a bit quieter. Any suggestions???

Cheers

Derek

Old 10-24-2008, 08:44 PM
dazite
2nd Gear
A good time was had by all. Looking forward to the next time.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:24 PM
gasmini03
4th Gear
lets see if we can get together again soon, hopefully somewhere a bit quieter. Any suggestions???

Cheers

Derek
Going bowling was suggested and it might be quieter than the Rowdy Beaver was tonight.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Lessk
2nd Gear
Rowdy should have been the first clue. We've been duped!

If you guys like BBQ, Julius Ribcage on S. Seneca between 31st and pawnee is, in our opinion, the best BBQ in Wichita. And the owner is a really nice guy. It would be plenty quiet.

Bowling would be a fun event also though.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:15 PM
ksbadger
1st Gear

Cheers

Derek
Derek,
Didn't know the meeting was on until I met Lessk at the Open House - please include me in any future e-mails (or just tell me at work <g>).
Have a great vacation!
John C.

BRM (Basic Red Mini) JET601

Last edited by ksbadger; 10-25-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Fly'n Brick
6th Gear
Received 367 Likes on 311 Posts
Finally! I've been traipsing through this website for the last 3 days finding my way around and here you have been all along. Just what I am looking for. My wife and I have a MCSc delivery pending in a week or so and are looking forward to the adventure. We've also been to a couple of the Wichita SCCA events recently. That really has our pulse rate up. We're just a little Southeast of Wichita and will be up for most any kind of adventure that comes along--time permiting of course.

Old 10-26-2008, 02:56 PM
paconard
1st Gear
Next Meeting

Originally Posted by Lessk
Rowdy should have been the first clue. We've been duped!

If you guys like BBQ, Julius Ribcage on S. Seneca between 31st and pawnee is, in our opinion, the best BBQ in Wichita. And the owner is a really nice guy. It would be plenty quiet.

Bowling would be a fun event also though.
We're always game for BBQ.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Lessk
2nd Gear
We would be glad to have you Flyi'n Brick!

We're alreadys up for BBQ also. And it's a good place. Sadly it doesn't get a lot of traffic because it isn't pretty. But he's in the process of remodeling the whole place and it's looking nicer every time we go back.

The winter is on it's way and it's easy to lose some motoring spirit in nasty weather. But this is precisely the time we need to get this club going so we'll be fully operational for the spring time. Already organised so we don't have any hicups.

I hadn't used Photoshop is a long time, so I made this as a sort of warm up. I'm going to try and make several different types of pictures and anyone else can also chime in with their ideas. What we'll do is pool them together and have everyone vote on what they like. Then we can make some small logo that we'll put on a business card to distribute to other Mini people that haven't joined. With our website and email for contact.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Lessk
2nd Gear
I'm also going to try my hand at making a Flash based website. I haven't done that before so it will take some time to learn. But it would be neat to have.

Quick Reply: A Kansas Club...