Interior/Exterior 2 Days Old CMS4 let the modding begin, JCW, Black Out & KW V3 shortly

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 06:59 PM
advantyper
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Days Old CMS4 let the modding begin, JCW, Black Out & KW V3 shortly

Hi All

Inspired by the mods by other members on the forum. I order the JCW lip before my car even arrive

Picked up my CMS4 Manual on Saturday, installed the JCW lip in the afternoon, following the instruction on this forum.

Next Plasti-Dip all the chrome pieces in the front and back. I even plastic dip the license plate frame, which looks pretty sweet.

Got the windows tinted today, 20% in the rear and 30% in the front.

Spray Tinted the side markers/reflectors

Ordered a set of KW V3 and SPC Lower Control Arms, will installed those once they arrive.

Think the car will handle way better after the Coilovers are install, love the V3 on my other car. Plan to set lowering @ 2" front & rear

Happy Modding

Attached Thumbnails 2 Days Old CMS4 let the modding begin, JCW, Black Out & KW V3 shortly-cms.jpg   2 Days Old CMS4 let the modding begin, JCW, Black Out & KW V3 shortly-cms2.jpg  
Old 07-17-2012, 08:10 AM
TheSuspensionSource
Former Vendor
That is going to look so dope once it is lowered!

Old 07-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Braminator
OVERDRIVE
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
dope? what year are we in. come on its fresh.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:05 AM
TheSuspensionSource
Former Vendor
lol either one works.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:37 PM
advantyper
2nd Gear
haha, tks Kris

Looking forward to getting the coils and control arms install next week

Old 07-19-2012, 07:52 PM
MSPRO
3rd Gear
Looks nice. Could you take a side shot to show how the JCW lip looks like with the non JCW side skirts and rear?

Old 07-21-2012, 07:17 AM
advantyper
2nd Gear
Sure, will do after my coils are install

Old 07-21-2012, 08:15 AM
CZ Mate
3rd Gear
Thanks for building me my countryman all4. When are you going be dropping it off.. Lol that's is really how I want mine to look. Looks great :-)

Old 07-21-2012, 09:24 PM
advantyper
2nd Gear
Tks, Getting the coils installs on Thursday

Old 07-21-2012, 10:51 PM
MSPRO
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by advantyper
Sure, will do after my coils are install
Thanks. Can't wait to see pics of it lowered.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Craigeo
2nd Gear
Might be a dumb question, but do you need to remove the trim rings to plasti-dip them? Is it a spray-on system.. Never used the stuff! Also, if you do, how do youget the front and rear light trim rings off?

Old 10-04-2012, 02:26 PM
dpike
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Craigeo
Might be a dumb question, but do you need to remove the trim rings to plasti-dip them? Is it a spray-on system.. Never used the stuff! Also, if you do, how do youget the front and rear light trim rings off?
i think it comes out a lot cleaner if you remove them rather than tape them off. plastidip isn't hard to spray, you can get a can at home depot for like 5 bucks. it's sprays a little thickish so be careful. use 3 light coats then look at them in the sun to make sure the chrome gets covered well. if you don't like the way it comes out, let it set and peel it off and give it another go. the stuff is really that easy to use, but over spray is tough to remove because it doesn't have the buildup thickness/tension to be able to peel right.

to remove the front rings there's clips on the underside of the bonnet, just carefully push them back with a small screwdriver or something until they release from the bonnet, then work your way around. some go easier than others maybe give each of them a little try until you get a good starting point.

to remove the rear rings there's two vent covers on the sides in the boot, remove those and look up to your breaklight. you'll see two clips on the outside edge on the upper and lower sides. remove those then carefully swing the taillight out away from where you removed those clips, it may at a little bit of force, but it will go (it's still being retained partially by the two matching inner clips like the ones you removed but can't see through the vent cut out. if you feel up the inside of the light you can feel them tho.) once it pops, be careful there's studs on the back and that you don't want to scratch your paint, maybe have someone else hold the light while you disconnect the wiring harness. remove the chrome trim from the light housing by the little clips around the perimeter with a small flat screw driver or something and paint away.

to put the fronts back they just snap back into place, to put the rears back... loosen, just a turn or two the two inner clips on each light then reseat the light the same way it popped out, by pushing in on the inside edge first. once you have it where you THINK it's in place have someone hold the light and pull a little on the inside edge of the light making sure you have those two inner clips seated, but without them being lose (you might have to play with the amount of turns on the inner clips to get this right). when the inner clips are seated reinstall the outer clips and reconnect the wiring harness through the vent cut outs in the boot.

it's all really not as difficult as that sounds there's just a little trickery to get that rear light on and off.

Last edited by dpike; 10-04-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Tom W
2nd Gear
Sweet man, looks good

Old 10-05-2012, 09:09 AM
advantyper
2nd Gear
Yea, u have to remove the rear tail lights, then release the little snaps, to spray the rings.

There are a few instructions on this forum on how to remove the front and rear rings.

The front rings there are metal clips that you have to release.

The rear lights you have to unbolt 3 bolts per light then you depress the plastic snaps and it come off easily.

The front grill you have to unbolt the grill, then you need a few small flathead screwdrivers and you depress several clips at once and you pull off. This step takes a lot of patiences and time, otherwise you will be breaking quite a few clips

Cheers

Originally Posted by Craigeo