First Time Mini Owner - North American Motoring

Go Back  North American Motoring > MINIs in General > 1st Gear
First Time Mini Owner >

First Time Mini Owner

1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.

First Time Mini Owner

Reply

 
 
 
  #1  
Old 08-07-2015, 08:57 AM
tr3y003's Avatar
tr3y003
tr3y003 is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Kansas
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First Time Mini Owner

First time mini owner long time mini lover.

My name is Trey, Im from Kansas. I have always love the minis and have wanted one forever!! I use to drive a Kia Forte, long story short, I was rear ended totaling the Kia. Insurance gave me 13K so I bought a mini flat out (not for the full 13K though only spent about 8K) =D It's a 2005 R53. I've had it since January but Im just getting around to pumping some money into it, so I thought I would join the community and partake in everything Mini! Right now everything is stock, however I just spent 2k in parts. Some maintenance and some performance (list below)

Heres the Mini stock (well stock from how I received it) after it's first wash and wax.



Parts on order for first project (BIG project)
- Milltek Cat Back Exhaust (Non - Resonated)
- DDM Works CAI (Black)
- Venair Silicone intake hose (blue)
- Kingsborne 8mm plug wires (blue)
- Beru Plugs
- Alta 15% Pulley
- New Belt Tensioner Assembly
- New Hydraulic Motor Mount
- Alta Silicone Intercooler Couplers (Blue)
- Cabin Filter
- Supercharger oil (to service supercharge before the changes)

If you cant tell im doing a black/blue engine to match the black/car. Im thinking of picking up one more part and change the radiator hoses while I have it torn apart to blue silicone as well. But we'll see.
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-07-2015, 09:10 AM
PelicanParts.com's Avatar
PelicanParts.com
PelicanParts.com is online now
Vendor
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 7,124
Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
Welcome to NAM, Trey! If you need help with your upgrades and/or fixes/repairs be sure to check out our tech articles here for some help! I do like the black and blue color scheme. Thinking about changing up the wheels to black at some point or keeping the current ones? Happy modding and have fun with your MINI!
 
__________________
Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
MINI Parts | DIY Help | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-07-2015, 09:14 AM
tr3y003's Avatar
tr3y003
tr3y003 is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Kansas
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com View Post
Thinking about changing up the wheels to black at some point or keeping the current ones?
Heck yeah, I was just talking about that with my buddy. Thinking black rims with a blue lip/ring (if I could find the right blue) Might just be all black rims though to be safe. I saw some "RimBlades" that came in blue but don't look like it would match. Also i've always been a 5spoke fan but I don't know how well that would look on the mini I kinda like the stock rim design.

Choices choices!
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-07-2015, 09:22 AM
PelicanParts.com's Avatar
PelicanParts.com
PelicanParts.com is online now
Vendor
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Harbor City, CA
Posts: 7,124
Thanked 29 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by tr3y003 View Post
Heck yeah, I was just talking about that with my buddy. Thinking black rims with a blue lip/ring (if I could find the right blue) Might just be all black rims though to be safe. I saw some "RimBlades" that came in blue but don't look like it would match. Also i've always been a 5spoke fan but I don't know how well that would look on the mini I kinda like the stock rim design.

Choices choices!
I like that idea. I think it'll match nicely. I like the 5 spoke look too, but the current wheels look pretty good too. You should also looking into changing out the chrome gas door and handles on the car. Here is a pretty extensive thread on NAM with some useful tips/tricks that some people used to black out the chrome bits on their MINI's. Might be a fun weekend project!

Edit: Speaking of, just saw these here pop up in the marketplace.
 
__________________
Your Trusted Source For DIY and Parts
FREE SHIPPING over $99 click here
MINI Parts | DIY Help | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube | Promos
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-07-2015, 01:28 PM
joedotmac
joedotmac is offline
1st Gear
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Texas
Posts: 49
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Glad you got rid of the Kia! These rides are fun! Great color, love it!
 

Last edited by joedotmac; 10-19-2015 at 07:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Capt_bj
Capt_bj is online now
OVERDRIVE
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 6,177
Thanked 60 Times in 56 Posts
Welcome

nice car

semantic point

MINI
Name:  dragon4-1.jpg
Views: 12634
Size:  103.4 KB

MINI next to Mini
Name:  ChristmasMini2.jpg
Views: 12638
Size:  179.4 KB



Mini
Name:  miniparade.jpg
Views: 12639
Size:  89.8 KB

MINI and Mini not the same . . .
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-07-2015, 03:08 PM
AZN Optics
AZN Optics is offline
Former Vendor
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome to NAM Trey! Great looking blue bullet!
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-07-2015, 04:30 PM
The_Kid
The_Kid is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: just east of cincy
Posts: 144
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome to NAM. Certainly look forward to build thread for the good things to come.cheers!
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-19-2015, 06:37 AM
CoolioMcPimp's Avatar
CoolioMcPimp
CoolioMcPimp is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Mid-Coast, Maine
Posts: 110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd like to stay in touch!

Originally Posted by tr3y003 View Post
First time mini owner long time mini lover.

My name is Trey, Im from Kansas. I have always love the minis and have wanted one forever!! I use to drive a Kia Forte, long story short, I was rear ended totaling the Kia. Insurance gave me 13K so I bought a mini flat out (not for the full 13K though only spent about 8K) =D It's a 2005 R53. I've had it since January but Im just getting around to pumping some money into it, so I thought I would join the community and partake in everything Mini! Right now everything is stock, however I just spent 2k in parts. Some maintenance and some performance (list below)

Heres the Mini stock (well stock from how I received it) after it's first wash and wax.



Parts on order for first project (BIG project)
- Milltek Cat Back Exhaust (Non - Resonated)
- DDM Works CAI (Black)
- Venair Silicone intake hose (blue)
- Kingsborne 8mm plug wires (blue)
- Beru Plugs
- Alta 15% Pulley
- New Belt Tensioner Assembly
- New Hydraulic Motor Mount
- Alta Silicone Intercooler Couplers (Blue)
- Cabin Filter
- Supercharger oil (to service supercharge before the changes)

If you cant tell im doing a black/blue engine to match the black/car. Im thinking of picking up one more part and change the radiator hoses while I have it torn apart to blue silicone as well. But we'll see.
I have the EXACT same model! Down to the paint colors / styles and everything. Sounds like you've done some mods compared to me, but still.

What's your Mileage?
 
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-19-2015, 08:45 AM
tr3y003's Avatar
tr3y003
tr3y003 is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Kansas
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CoolioMcPimp View Post
I have the EXACT same model! Down to the paint colors / styles and everything. Sounds like you've done some mods compared to me, but still.

What's your Mileage?
135,000!
 
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-19-2015, 08:48 AM
tr3y003's Avatar
tr3y003
tr3y003 is offline
1st Gear
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Kansas
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Link to My Build Thread

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-22-2015, 10:48 AM
ECSTuning's Avatar
ECSTuning
ECSTuning is online now
Platinum Sponsor
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wadsworth,OH
Posts: 26,047
Thanked 363 Times in 352 Posts
Nice thread.
 
__________________

Have MINI questions? Need MINI answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
[email protected] | [email protected] | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK
Customer Service Hours: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM EST|Sales Team Hours: 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM | Saturday 10AM to 7PM EST 800.924.5172
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Getrieben
1st Gear
13
05-31-2017 04:55 AM
The_Kid
Cincinnati MINI Club
2
08-04-2016 02:40 PM
kitty90034
Navigation and Audio
1
08-25-2015 12:47 PM
Terry J
1st Gear
13
08-11-2015 09:39 AM
Dashdog
MINIs & Minis for Sale
0
08-10-2015 06:17 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First Time Mini Owner


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.