Interior/Exterior Interior and exterior modifications for Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Interior/Exterior Custom roof graphic arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 12:36 PM
zoedragon
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom roof graphic arrived!

I received a long, narrow package in the mail today... the custom roof graphic I had ordered from CooperFlags.com had arrived! So of course I must share the excitement with people who can appreciate it. Here's what it looks like (the actual vinyl is still rolled up):

It was custom designed for me by a talented artist friend, so this is one-of-a-kind! Anyone interested in seeing his other work should check out his Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/BRiZLs...1783636?ref=ts You can probably commission him to do some custom graphics for you too.

So now I have a custom roof graphic but no MINI yet. I guess I can sit on the delivered box and make vrooom sounds in the living room.

Old 06-08-2010, 12:38 PM
MINIchaser
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That would look pretty cool as a roof graphic! Are you bringing in any of the colors onto any other part of the car? Like lime green hi-lights anywhere? That would be cool.. (i.e. brake callipers?)

Old 06-08-2010, 12:47 PM
zoedragon
2nd Gear
That would be cool to have green highlights here and there, but no, I'm not going to be that color coordinated. I thought about making the dragon itself match the car, but I didn't want him looking like he belonged on a girl's backpack or something. I was planning on putting the checkered mirror caps on though.

Hmm... colored calipers would be cool though... how do those get colored?

Old 06-08-2010, 01:52 PM
gear-head
2nd Gear
Nice. Based on the comments made to me by the guys who installed my CooperFlags roof ... have a bucket of cuss words ready!

Old 06-08-2010, 01:53 PM
gear-head
2nd Gear
and BTW, mine's been on for 7 years. If you look close, there are a few scratches here and there, but from a few feet away, it looks as good as the day it was installed.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:54 PM
zoedragon
2nd Gear
That sounds ominous... what happened? Should I be worried? I mean about the installation, not the durability.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:10 PM
MINIchaser
4th Gear
Originally Posted by zoedragon
Hmm... colored calipers would be cool though... how do those get colored?
you can buy special paint to paint them yourself, or get them painted. you can also buy these: http://www.calipercovers.com/_e/gdep...ini_Cooper.htm

Old 06-08-2010, 02:14 PM
zoedragon
2nd Gear
Wow, had no idea you could get custom graphics on those calipers! And wow it costs almost as much as my roof graphic! Paint sounds like a good idea, but first I want see exactly how much of the calipers are showing through the Crown Spokes... may not even be worth the effort.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:24 PM
MINIchaser
4th Gear
yea, the paint is a lot cheaper, but after awhile it may start to chip. make sure you buy special brake caliper paint of course!

see here: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...per-paint.html

and here:https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-calipers.html

or you could do something like this: http://www.vinzdecals.com/createcaliper.html

Anywho, I think it might look sweet pulling down a bit of green down onto the body (just a lil) But besides that, your roof graphic does look pretty sweet, I'll be sure to wave if I see you around!

Old 06-08-2010, 03:11 PM
-=gRaY rAvEn=-
Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts
I received a long, narrow package in the mail today... the custom roof graphic I had ordered from CooperFlags.com had arrived! So of course I must share the excitement with people who can appreciate it. Here's what it looks like (the actual vinyl is still rolled up):

It was custom designed for me by a talented artist friend, so this is one-of-a-kind! Anyone interested in seeing his other work should check out his Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/BRiZLs...1783636?ref=ts You can probably commission him to do some custom graphics for you too.

So now I have a custom roof graphic but no MINI yet. I guess I can sit on the delivered box and make vrooom sounds in the living room.

This is freaking awesome

Post up a pic when it's on please.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:45 PM
onetigerlsu
6th Gear
Looks Cool I Drove the Dragon last week in Tenn./ NC
El Tiger

Old 06-08-2010, 07:30 PM
SirWinston 2010
1st Gear
Very cool!!!

Old 06-08-2010, 07:39 PM
gear-head
2nd Gear
That sounds ominous... what happened? Should I be worried? I mean about the installation, not the durability.
meaning ... you spent good money on the graphic, I'd have it professionally installed.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:59 PM
DneprDave
6th Gear
Received 85 Likes on 77 Posts
I got a roof graphic yesterday. It's a perforated Union Jack for my sunroof, there's photos in my gallery. I was prepared to install it myself, but instalation was included in the price, at Fast Signs.

The installer hadn't done a sunroof before, but had done city buses. There is a film of UV protectant film over the graphic. The installer put glue around the edge, to keep it from pealing up, the glue is invisible when it dries. It didn't look difficult to install, but I didn't know about the protective plastic film and the edge glue. My graphic came with a 3 year guarantee, it cost $218.00 plus sales tax, cheaper than the factory whole roof graphic, but it's a bit smaller.

Dave

Old 06-09-2010, 08:49 AM
zoedragon
2nd Gear
I am definitely going to have it professionally installed. I'd hate to screw up something as awesome as a roof graphic because I was being stingy!