1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SW Virginia, checking in!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 07:38 PM
battlehawk_mini
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SW Virginia, checking in!

Hello!
I'm somewhat new to the MINI scene. My fiancee and I have a white on dark silver '08 R56S named Phoebe. She is by far the most enjoyable car I've driven, and with all the mountain roads in the area, she gets put through her paces regularly. We've taken her on several good road trips and won't give her up for a very long time.
She shares the driveway with my work car, a dark green '04 Mazda RX-8 named Jade, though she is starting to develop some terminal issues that may soon require me to replace her with a MINI, either a Cooper or Countryman.
I work in a customer service call center for a major satellite tv company and my bride-to-be does HR work for a local auto parts manufacturing plant.
I've always been a bit of a car person. I spent a few years in the auto sales business and a few more setting service department appointments. I'm a big fan of Top Gear (and whatever Clarkson, Hammond, and May call their new venture with Amazon). I've always enjoyed most any sort of auto racing (though my heart is in Nascar), and I love a good car show.
I came here at the suggestion of some folks in the local MINI club, and with the poking around I've done on the site in the past few days, I think I'll like it here. I look forward to learning a lot and helping out where I can.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:48 PM
AZN Optics
Former Vendor
Welcome to NAM!

Old 09-03-2015, 08:37 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Welcome to NAM! Post some pictures of Phoebe when you can. Nice rotary choice too! Unfortunately, those engines do have their issues. How many mile are on Jade? Too cool about sales business. My dad started as a used car sales man and is now a GM of a dealership. Took him a long time to get there though, haha. Are you excited about the guys joining up with Amazon for a new car show? I love those guys so much, but Hammond is definitely my favorite. If you ever have any questions or need any help with your MINI please don't hesitate to ask!

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 09-03-2015, 07:43 PM
battlehawk_mini
Neutral
Here's Phoebe on the day we picked her up:

Jade has just shy of 93k on her original engine, so I get a sneaking suspicion that engine isn't much longer for this world.

I am excited about the guys going over to Amazon. I have all of their episodes of Top Gear on an external hard drive, so I work my way through the series (I'm halfway through series 12 right now).

I will definitely ask for help if I need it.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:19 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Very nice. Thank you for sharing. I do love that color on MINI's. And yes, 93k is about around that time for a rebuild unfortunately. You're trucking along through those episodes. Once you get to season 20, one of my favorite episodes is the Caravan Race. I was laughing almost the whole episode. Anyways, enjoy the new ride.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 09-04-2015, 09:06 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Originally Posted by battlehawk_mini
Here's Phoebe on the day we picked her up:

Jade has just shy of 93k on her original engine, so I get a sneaking suspicion that engine isn't much longer for this world.

I am excited about the guys going over to Amazon. I have all of their episodes of Top Gear on an external hard drive, so I work my way through the series (I'm halfway through series 12 right now).

I will definitely ask for help if I need it.

Looks very clean for 93k, did you do an inspection and put it on the rack / lift yet ?

Finding a good local MINI Club is a great way to find people to help you with DIY's and mods. Most if not all MINI Club people are willing help on advice and where to go. Great groups.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 08-16-2016, 03:04 PM
Audiophile_Mark
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What part of SW VA are you in? My wife and I own a cabin out in the sticks of VA and there are little to no MINIs out in the mountains. Plenty of pick up trucks. The MINIs will eat a twisty mountain road for lunch though - super fun driving. Welcome.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:12 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
New MINI

Originally Posted by battlehawk_mini
Hello!
I'm somewhat new to the MINI scene. My fiancee and I have a white on dark silver '08 R56S named Phoebe. She is by far the most enjoyable car I've driven, and with all the mountain roads in the area, she gets put through her paces regularly. We've taken her on several good road trips and won't give her up for a very long time.
She shares the driveway with my work car, a dark green '04 Mazda RX-8 named Jade, though she is starting to develop some terminal issues that may soon require me to replace her with a MINI, either a Cooper or Countryman.
I work in a customer service call center for a major satellite tv company and my bride-to-be does HR work for a local auto parts manufacturing plant.
I've always been a bit of a car person. I spent a few years in the auto sales business and a few more setting service department appointments. I'm a big fan of Top Gear (and whatever Clarkson, Hammond, and May call their new venture with Amazon). I've always enjoyed most any sort of auto racing (though my heart is in Nascar), and I love a good car show.
I came here at the suggestion of some folks in the local MINI club, and with the poking around I've done on the site in the past few days, I think I'll like it here. I look forward to learning a lot and helping out where I can.
She looks great, congrats and welcome to NAM. Racing fan as well, having started in 1/4 midgets then moved to a Cooper S with which I won two championships. One of four Classic and New MINIs I've owned. Let us know if you'd like some free maintenance, service and performance upgrade guides!

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 08-29-2019, 07:07 AM
WaterGirl
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi, just got my 2014 Clubman S this week in HCG, here are photos

The following users liked this post:
Gp1668 (03-30-2021)
Old 08-29-2019, 09:11 AM
ItsmeWayne
6th Gear - An Official NAM Greeter
Received 328 Likes on 309 Posts