Hawaii MINI Motoring Club The forum of the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club. Visit the club site at www.HawaiiMINIClub.org

[Hawaii] HMMC DIY - Part Three

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 11:36 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[Hawaii] HMMC DIY - Part Three

Since today's DIY was a pretty good success we should start planning for DIY3.

Seems we (HMMC) have a pretty full April coming up so should we skip April, or is everyone willing to squeeze one in? I think it's doable but we need to have topics/projects that you want to address or try. Let's start a list of people wanting to attend and what kind of projects you want to tackle.

I think the best DIYs are ones that we have only a few projects and more time to talk shop. In the current format Barry and I are in, under, or on top of someone's car and are pretty much too pooped to talk story afterward. I think we are starting to get some hands-on help from Louis and Keith (and others) and believe me, we really appreciate this.

[Edit] I guess the next one will be at my place (unless we have another location available).

Old 03-27-2006, 12:05 AM
pyratio
Coordinator :: Hawaii MINI Motoring Club
slave1

--I volunteer to be wrench slave numba 1. Remind me to bring my shorty wrenches tho. I suggest no brake jobs until the end of the diy presentations too. Sign up sheets to tell us what people are MOST interested in would be good too. We could do the one with the most interest first. God this sounds familar. Okay Dirk you can tell me to shut up now.

Old 03-27-2006, 12:23 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Not

Originally Posted by pyratio
--I volunteer to be wrench slave numba 1. Remind me to bring my shorty wrenches tho. I suggest no brake jobs until the end of the diy presentations too. Sign up sheets to tell us what people are MOST interested in would be good too. We could do the one with the most interest first. God this sounds familar. Okay Dirk you can tell me to shut up now.
Nah, Keith, you can actually run the DIYs.

I think the only other Dirk/Barry brake job we should have left is Keiki's. Other than that, I think it should be us helping the DIYer. I think Peter could've easily done the brake job today with his motorcycle tinkering skills, however, I volunteered because he had the broken ankle. It was no problem for me but I hope I didn't take up too much time and someone was able to pick up hints/tips or know-how from the brake job.

Old 03-27-2006, 10:39 AM
FeedBack
5th Gear
The DIY yesterday was great!

Right at the top of the list goes a big mahalo to Barry, his wife, his neighbors and Dobie. Thank you for opening your house (and neighborhood) to us. At one point we had about 15 MINI's and one Corvette show up.

The next big thanks goes to Dirk who spent his day doing a brake job on my MINI! I am stating in public that I am indebted to you!

Third on my list of fame goes all of you who took turns beating on my rear wheels in shifts just so you could get some exercise. It was definitely Keiki's efforts that loosened them up just enough so that I could look good by crawling under there and finally whacking them a couple of times with the hammer and knocking them off.

It was great meeting all of the new (to me) faces and I believe a good time was had by all!

...then I went home, put my leg up, swallowed a percocet and slept.....

Old 03-27-2006, 10:57 AM
bgrpph
3rd Gear
I'm waiting to see the Keiki pinup calendar- with her swinging that BMH -
DIY was great- thanks to Dirk for the Beard papas and for doing most of the manual labor, to Peter for the huge container of starbucks coffee, drinks & goodies and to the club for the supplies, drinks and goodies.
Dobe loved the MINI folks and the chocolate muffins left strategically for him to sample.

We can repeat the DIY at my house anytime- its no issue. When normal weather returns we can leave some time for beer & sitting around the pool afterwards.

Old 03-27-2006, 11:18 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by bgrpph
I'm waiting to see the Keiki pinup calendar- with her swinging that BMH .......
The wonders of the internet! I'm not saying who this is but those who attended know.

See what you miss when you don't attend an infamous HMMC DIY session! I think I am a dead-man now.......Barry you are on your own at the DIYs from now on.

[Edit : Barry and Peter.....you guys posted in the wrong thread. This is the DIY thread for the next DIY get together - trying to collect ideas and interest. Now back to our scheduled programming.]

Old 03-27-2006, 01:56 PM
cwlouis
3rd Gear
thanks barry for letting us use your place and dirk, barry and keith for helping me with my cat and bolts.

as for the next DIY, if my car is not in the shop for a finder bender (someone reared me in a parking lot), i have a aux gauge we can install..

and i can see keiki is now an instant HIT with the guys at the DIY...i mean with the tires..

Old 03-27-2006, 07:08 PM
FeedBack
5th Gear
[quote=DaKineMINI]The wonders of the internet! I'm not saying who this is but those who attended know.

My god.... What a great looking car!!

Old 03-27-2006, 08:02 PM
keikilee
5th Gear
sorry guys, but i like this one better.... haha you guys are terrible...getting me on my back and all...

Old 03-27-2006, 08:07 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Well there goes the DIY3 thread!

Who took that photo anyways? And why is your leg up? Oh I remember now.......this is when you said hey, hey, take my photo like this and forced us to halt our serious DIY.

[Edit : BTW, I used the other one since the one you liked looked too posed and I was trying to keep your good image. I even covered the model's eyes! ]

Old 03-27-2006, 11:29 PM
keikilee
5th Gear
April will be pretty open for us. May, June and July might be pretty busy. But we can always move around our monthly meets to accommodate for a DIY.