Hawaii MINI Motoring Club The forum of the Hawaii MINI Motoring Club. Visit the club site at www.HawaiiMINIClub.org

[Hawaii] Saturday, April 1st meet

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 11:02 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[Hawaii] Saturday, April 1st meet

[Edit : current people planning to attend : Dirk (DaKineMINI), Casey (blown-lone-star), Roy (drea-min), Andy (Latka), Peter (Feedback), Randy (Kohu'ulaMINI); Andrew (eastsidemini)]

Originally Posted by HMMC newsletter
April MINI Meets :: Our regularl meets for April are scheduled for:
Saturday, April 1st (No Joke!) at 8:30a at Central Oahu Regional Park in
Waipio. Bring your own coffee and breakfast. Wednesday, April 19th at
6:00p, location TBA. Hope to see ya'll there!
Keiki, are we still having a swap meet at this first meet of April? You were talking about it at one time? Is this rain or shine? What part of the park? Are we allowed to have a canopy?

How many people are planning to attend? I'll be there if we have it. How many folks want to do a swap meet?

Old 03-27-2006, 11:26 PM
keikilee
5th Gear
no swap meet on Saturday...it'll require a bit more planning than that. Probably not gonna happen until the May meet which will follow the rally and the Arthritis Walk.

well...drizzle or shine. rain...um, probably not. i'm not too familiar with the park. i'm assuming we should all just meet in the first parking lot we see. any suggestions?

canopy ok. but since it'll be early AM, not sure it'll be necessary.

i won't be able to make it...will be stuck on a conference call from 730a and need to be at my store to open by 8:45a. bad timing for all of my coworkers to go on vacation! :(

Old 03-28-2006, 12:33 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
No other replies?!

Latka (Andy K.) is going to show up in his classic-Mini. I hope we can show him the club's new-MINI spirit by having more than just me at the "get together"! (Although I wouldn't mind meeting Andy for breakfast and BSing.)

I hope some non-NAMers that received the HMMC e-mail will at least show up with me.

BTW, I wonder if this park is going to be super-crowded with soccer games on Saturday mornings? I know the park in Kapolei is packed on Saturday mornings.

Old 03-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Blown-Lone-Star
3rd Gear
Ill be there but i will be coming from work again this saturday meet up is on my weekend to work. I can get there a little early cause i will leave straight from work. im sure if went home and took a long hot shower there is no way i will make it........ so i can try and pick a parking lot up front that is not crowded.

Old 03-28-2006, 07:13 PM
cwlouis
3rd Gear
i need to take my pops to the market. but if you guys are there after 12p, i'll swing by..

Old 03-28-2006, 10:45 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Blown-Lone-Star
Ill be there but i will be coming from work again this saturday meet up is on my weekend to work. I can get there a little early cause i will leave straight from work. im sure if went home and took a long hot shower there is no way i will make it........ so i can try and pick a parking lot up front that is not crowded.
Alright Casey! I'll try to get there as soon as possible too to make sure you don't fall asleep in your car. BUT don't overstress yourself man - safety first, you'll be working all night so if you feel too tired, head straight home my friend.

Originally Posted by cwlouis
i need to take my pops to the market. but if you guys are there after 12p, i'll swing by..
Louis, I think we'll be gone by noon, but family comes first bud so don't sweat it.

Old 03-31-2006, 11:24 AM
Latka
5th Gear
(looks outside)
Man it's rainin a LOT. Are there any contingency plans just in case it's like this tomorrow morning? Unfortunately if it's raining this hard I probably won't bring the '71 Mini. I mean, the electrics are sheilded by a metal plate from the rain (they're *right* behind the grill), but that's a long drive from Kaneohe in the pouring rain...in a 30+ year old car! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it calms down a bit, but the forecast calls for more rain and thunderstorms through the weekend. Bah...stupid rain.

I'll should probably throw some hood stripes on our Nissan Titan pickup if I bring that.

-Andy

Old 03-31-2006, 02:55 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Latka,

I think if it's raining hard (around 8am) then we'd just cancel. We could go across the street and do the Big City Diner thing again.

Since I am in the same "weather area", I can call everyone to let them know how it is in the AM tomorrow; however, other than you, Casey, and myself, I am not sure who else is planning to go.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:58 PM
Latka
5th Gear
Yeah, I was thinking if it's raining like a **** we should probably just meet somewhere and get some grub.

I'm kinda confused about the location of the park. I remember going there for a "Euro Cruise" a few years ago, but I think I took a totally crazy way to the park. This time I was told to go H1-H2, exit Ka Uka Blvd, and then where you normally turn left to go to the Costco - just keep going straight west / Ewa. Is that correct?

What happened to everyone else? :(

Old 03-31-2006, 04:22 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Latka
Yeah, I was thinking if it's raining like a **** we should probably just meet somewhere and get some grub.

I'm kinda confused about the location of the park. I remember going there for a "Euro Cruise" a few years ago, but I think I took a totally crazy way to the park. This time I was told to go H1-H2, exit Ka Uka Blvd, and then where you normally turn left to go to the Costco - just keep going straight west / Ewa. Is that correct?

What happened to everyone else? :(
I'm down with that. Big City Diner then (if raining)?

You directions are right but I am not exactly sure if it goes directly into the park, or if you have to turn left once before entering the park. But, nevertheless, with those directions, you won't miss it.

Old 03-31-2006, 06:46 PM
Latka
5th Gear
Big City sounds good to me. I'll use that to look up directions on MapQuest or Google Maps and find my way there.

Old 03-31-2006, 06:54 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Latka
Big City sounds good to me. I'll use that to look up directions on MapQuest or Google Maps and find my way there.
Let's meet at the Park first (just in case anyone shows up). Big City Diner is across from the park (sort of). I'll call you if it's raining in the AM here. It's starting to get dark here.

Old 03-31-2006, 06:57 PM
Latka
5th Gear
Bah. Stupid link parser.

So - Ka Uka Blvd *does* go right into the park. There are a couple of round-abouts off that road.

Where do we want to meet in the park at 8:30?

Old 03-31-2006, 07:25 PM
FeedBack
5th Gear
I'm not sure if you'll let me attend..... If I do, it'll be in a brand new Buick Lucerne ( you know, it looks like and handles like one of those big grey things the Navy drives around the oceans..). My MINI is in the shop overnight and this is the rental car I get to drive.

But if I wake up early enough, I plan to attend.

Old 03-31-2006, 07:29 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Peter,

Alright, the boat'll be handy if it's raining. Hope you can make it.

I forgot but Roy T. (drea-min) is coming out too.

Originally Posted by FeedBack
I'm not sure if you'll let me attend..... If I do, it'll be in a brand new Buick Lucerne ( you know, it looks like and handles like one of those big grey things the Navy drives around the oceans..). My MINI is in the shop overnight and this is the rental car I get to drive.

But if I wake up early enough, I plan to attend.

Old 03-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Blown-Lone-Star
3rd Gear
big city diner is cool with me if its raining. Peter, does it have a northstar engine? if it does i want to check it out.

Old 03-31-2006, 10:59 PM
cwlouis
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Blown-Lone-Star
big city diner is cool with me if its raining. Peter, does it have a northstar engine? if it does i want to check it out.

you GOTTA have their kim chee fried rice or the loco moco w/ fried rice....they rock!

Old 03-31-2006, 11:47 PM
FeedBack
5th Gear
Do you think with enough painter's tape, I could make it look like a MINI? It worked for Keith......

Old 03-31-2006, 11:54 PM
Eastsidemini
4th Gear
meeting

Hey guys

I really want to come but need to help a friend building a bin for his son's sofeball team Have fun guys

Old 04-01-2006, 01:32 AM
Kohu'ulaMINI
5th Gear
I think I will be able to attend....after I install the pontoons and snorkel to the MINI:impatient

Yea, if the melted snow keeps falling, Big City Diner would be a good contigency plan. That tofu omelette is looking good!! hmmmm, hmmmm!

Old 04-01-2006, 01:36 AM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Kohu'ulaMINI
I think I will be able to attend....after I install the pontoons and snorkel to the MINI:impatient

Yea, if the melted snow keeps falling, Big City Diner would be a good contigency plan. That tofu omelette is looking good!! hmmmm, hmmmm!
Alright Randy, see you there bro.

Old 04-01-2006, 02:13 AM
pyratio
Coordinator :: Hawaii MINI Motoring Club
tape? Did someone say tape?

--Haha! I dunno Peter. That would take A LOT of tape, and it would be a HUGE MINI-BUICK by the time we got through with it.

Originally Posted by FeedBack
Do you think with enough painter's tape, I could make it look like a MINI? It worked for Keith......

Old 04-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Eastsidemini
4th Gear
Saturday

Hey guys, save me a spot today I'll be there. Change of plan

Old 04-01-2006, 01:19 PM
qweewq12
4th Gear
I cruised with Blown for a few miles on H1 this morning about 8:20.... but was on my way from PT on Pearl harbor to my reserve site in Kunia...doing my drill weekend...I should of stopped by... but could of only stayed for a few, which is no fun ....

Old 04-01-2006, 04:30 PM
DaKineMINI
6th Gear
It was fun!

Well we met and it was a good turnout! Had some regulars, old timers, and even a potential new member!

The park was so big that we actually had two pods of MINIs in two different lots. I hope that our discussion about meeting at Big City Diner did not confuse anyone (as it was sunny........hmmm, but no Keith?!?.........we met at the park) - I apologize if it did.

It was great seeing Latka (Andy - who came in a Nissan Titan truck for fear of rain), eastsidemini (Andrew), Kohu'ulaMINI (Randy), Feedback (Peter - in his Buick rental car), Drea-min (Roy), Tweeti (I forgot the NAM name), and Blown-lone-star (Casey) again. Motoxmini (Steve) went to Big City Diner to eat with his daughter and we got to BS with him for a while - good meeting you Steve!

Here are some photos I took :

Motoxmini (Steve)

Feedback (Peter)

drea-min (Roy)

Kohu'ulaMINI (Randy)

Eastsidemini (Andrew)

Tweeti

Blown-lone-star (Casey)

DaKineMINI (Dirk)

Group Shot

Aloha Stripes!

Quick Reply: [Hawaii] Saturday, April 1st meet