Factory JCW Talk (2009+) Discussion of the factory-built 2nd Gen JCW MINI Cooper S, and all unique aspects of this trim.

Made a mistake... test drive

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 09:19 AM
texasmontego
4th Gear
Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Made a mistake... test drive

First I am new to posting, so Hello Everyone. I've been reading the board for a while and had a 2007 MCS that got stolen back in January. Well I went and test drove an 09' JCW. The dealer happen to have the exact car I built online (with a few more options).
In comparision to my 07' MCS (Auto), the JCW is super quick. I couldn't believe it. I got to hear the JCW exhaust, feel the JCW steering wheel and Sport Suspension. My 07' had a sunroof and this one didn't. I definitely like it without the sunroof. That was my mistake because now I have the JCW bug!!!
I was bored yesterday after work and decided to drive one. I've been missing my Mini since the day it was stolen. I have an 08' Accord Coupe now and I'm thinking about making the Mini the 2nd vehicle.

I knew this was going to happen if I drove one. I was definitely asking for it though.........

Old 10-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Wizeguy9999
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And then you made your second mistake. Posting on NAM.

But I'm sure we will be objective and tell you to think and sleep on it.

*cough* BUY IT! *cough*

Old 10-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Tmitty
2nd Gear
Actually, buy 2 and send me one!
Welcome to more MINIism....

Old 10-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Apple
6th Gear
Welcome

Old 10-01-2008, 11:20 AM
gokartride
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by texasmontego
I knew this was going to happen if I drove one. I was definitely asking for it though.........
I can't say as I blame ya...that is one special car!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:27 AM
texasmontego
4th Gear
I've missed it more and more lately because there's a lot more Mini's on the road in Houston. Haven't seen one JCW or even a aero kit on the road, but there's tons of Mini's.
Can't wait to be back in the gang.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:48 PM
old81
M6
I've missed it more and more lately because there's a lot more Mini's on the road in Houston. Haven't seen one JCW or even a aero kit on the road, but there's tons of Mini's.
Sounds like you have already made up your mind, now you just need to configure and wait or jump on the JCW you test drove, if it is available.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:10 PM
rjb
3rd Gear
I made the same mistake. Test drove one on a Monday and placed my order on Friday. I personally thought my self restraint was good, I made it a whole 4 days . Now I'm just anxiously waiting (and calling Ask Mini every other day)

Old 10-02-2008, 10:36 AM
texasmontego
4th Gear
You aren't making it any easier on me.............

Old 10-02-2008, 10:39 AM
SmokeM
5th Gear
You big dork, now you've done it. Welcome to the insane asslyum.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Red Bull
6th Gear
First I am new to posting, so Hello Everyone. I've been reading the board for a while and had a 2007 MCS that got stolen back in January. Well I went and test drove an 09' JCW. The dealer happen to have the exact car I built online (with a few more options).
In comparision to my 07' MCS (Auto), the JCW is super quick. I couldn't believe it. I got to hear the JCW exhaust, feel the JCW steering wheel and Sport Suspension. My 07' had a sunroof and this one didn't. I definitely like it without the sunroof. That was my mistake because now I have the JCW bug!!!
I was bored yesterday after work and decided to drive one. I've been missing my Mini since the day it was stolen. I have an 08' Accord Coupe now and I'm thinking about making the Mini the 2nd vehicle.

I just ordered a JCW and have only driven the S and loved it......what are you waiting for man...go get it

Old 10-02-2008, 02:20 PM
rjb
3rd Gear
You aren't making it any easier on me.............
Originally Posted by Red Bull
I just ordered a JCW and have only driven the S and loved it......what are you waiting for man...go get it
Sounds like we're making this real easy, just go buy it

Old 10-02-2008, 04:17 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI
Former Vendor

So when do you take delivery then?

Seriously, if you do pull the trigger you will LOVE the car! Good luck with the decision making process!

Let me know if I can help in anyway!

Old 11-04-2008, 10:31 AM
sikamini
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
There are some in Houston, I know!!! Go buy it!!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 07:42 PM
X5JR
2nd Gear
GO GET IT!!!

Old 11-16-2008, 07:03 AM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Originally Posted by X5JR
GO GET IT!!!
Got my JCW 2 weeks ago....NO REGRETS..I love this car..it is amazing. If you go for it you will never second guess the decision...it a great car....fun & pretty fast.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:33 PM
rjb
3rd Gear
I pick up mine tomorrow . It was ready Friday, but was unable to work it out to pick up...This has been the longest weekend of my life...Never thought I'd say this but...Come on Monday

Old 11-17-2008, 11:39 PM
corkmini
Neutral
Happy days in the JCW. My favorite moment: shifting into 2nd in Sport Mode and that moment of chaos when the front of the car just leaps forward. This car has oodles of torque all the way up through the gears and 6th gear just never tops out. My one and only complaint is that the gear box isn't just ever so slightly tighter - but hey, that's just cause I miss-shift every so often in the race to get my hand back on the wheel to reign in the madness!

Old 11-18-2008, 03:02 AM
etalj
6th Gear
yeh sometimes second gear is so hectic. the wheel drags the car left and right. downright dangerous! Need Alta PSRS. This car has a lot more than 208 horsepower, i'm sorry

Old 11-18-2008, 05:55 AM
X5JR
2nd Gear
Sounds like a JCW to me! Enjoy! Wait til you do a panic STOP, you think the acceleration is good, the stopping is better.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:53 AM
dbrl
1st Gear
My 07' had a sunroof and this one didn't. I definitely like it without the sunroof.

Why do you preferre the non-sunroof JCW

Old 11-21-2008, 05:53 PM
dunce11r
1st Gear
i TRIED to get a test drive last weekend. i went to mountain view mini over in northern california... was checking all the cars there, and low and behold they had a red JCW sitting there. i sat inside, looked at the motor, the trunk... then i scoured the rest of the parking lot to see what features i would like, and which color to choose (which is the hardest choice of all)....

and after 30 minutes, no salesman approached me... so i go inside finally, and see 3 of them sitting in their cubes (glass walls). one of them i think was playing tower defense... btw, i really hate this dealership purely bc the same crap happened to me last time when the R56 first came out and i wanted to see what was what.

so i asked this chinaman for a test drive, and this guy asks for me to fill out a credit check form... i gave him the O_o look.

a credit check form?? for what reason??? the god damn car is only $35K... its not a ferrari. hell, even the porsche stealerships dont ask for a god damn credit check. i'll be damned if i get my credit score hit just because i want to test drive a $35K car.

so they lost my business (again) and i swear these guys forgot they are working BEHIND the counter, and they dont own the business.

i'll eventually find a JCW somewhere here in LA to test drive... i need to hear the burble with my own ears

Old 11-22-2008, 11:59 AM
X5JR
2nd Gear
Why didn't you tell him you plan on paying CASH, never need a credit check for cash. Even if you decide to finance, get the loan from your bank or credit union - you generally will get a better rate, anyway.