Factory JCW Talk (2009+) Discussion of the factory-built 2nd Gen JCW MINI Cooper S, and all unique aspects of this trim.

09 JCW factory pkg?!? Rant

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 07:25 PM
DC1
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 JCW factory pkg?!? Rant

I'm new to mini but have an order for one of the new JCW 09 and I couldn't be less impressed with the launch by mini. I've read all the forums and talked to the dealer etc. and seems like no one has a real clue as to what comes standard, what can be ordered etc.etc.etc. Seems like mini leaks out incomplete information with everyone left to speculate. Can't even build one online. Is this par for the course? Looking forward to getting the car but sure would feel better if I knew what I could order. Seems like some on the forums have ordered and others are waiting. Why wouldn't mini send the same information to all dealers?

Old 04-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Partsman
Legion_of_Doom
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just saw the bulletin the other day as to what packages are available and what packages have changed for the JCW/'09 cars.
I'll try to post it tomorrow. In the meantime, you can probably check motoringfile.com, the info is probably there as well.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Mozza
5th Gear
DC1, if you have specific questions feel free to send me a private message and I'll answer any and all to the best of my ability.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:53 PM
diablito
5th Gear
Originally Posted by DC1
I'm new to mini but have an order for one of the new JCW 09 and I couldn't be less impressed with the launch by mini. I've read all the forums and talked to the dealer etc. and seems like no one has a real clue as to what comes standard, what can be ordered etc.etc.etc. Seems like mini leaks out incomplete information with everyone left to speculate. Can't even build one online. Is this par for the course? Looking forward to getting the car but sure would feel better if I knew what I could order. Seems like some on the forums have ordered and others are waiting. Why wouldn't mini send the same information to all dealers?
What did you order? You should got a print out of the order enter with a production number and build up week. I make all of my clients read the order and sign it just to make sure I enter all the options, and if is a long distance order I will fax a copy and get a sign copy fax back.

All dealers get the info at the same time..We were able to configure on April 24th for late July delivery.
Some read their bulletins everyday some do not.. is all about the MA...If he is on top of things or not.

I posted some info on this other post

If you want info your MA should be able to tell you, The internet is good to find things out but WE MA's should know the info before anyone else. Is our job.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:45 AM
DC1
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by diablito
What did you order? You should got a print out of the order enter with a production number and build up week. I make all of my clients read the order and sign it just to make sure I enter all the options, and if is a long distance order I will fax a copy and get a sign copy fax back.

All dealers get the info at the same time..We were able to configure on April 24th for late July delivery.
Some read their bulletins everyday some do not.. is all about the MA...If he is on top of things or not.

I posted some info on this other post

If you want info your MA should be able to tell you, The internet is good to find things out but WE MA's should know the info before anyone else. Is our job.

Thanks for the information. I was able to have my MA tell me the production no. but haven't gone further. When trying to order, he said that it was blocked. Will try today I hope.

Old 04-29-2008, 08:14 PM
diablito
5th Gear
Originally Posted by DC1
Thanks for the information. I was able to have my MA tell me the production no. but haven't gone further. When trying to order, he said that it was blocked. Will try today I hope.
Your production number should start with 67XXXXX and the model code is 0914

Happy JCW Motoring Ahead!

Old 04-30-2008, 07:06 AM
woj
2nd Gear
Why don't you go over to MF and check out their info? Then again, you might not like what you find out....

Old 04-30-2008, 07:50 AM
roaduscarnivorous
5th Gear
yeah motoringfile has all the information, prices, basic specs, and options. the factory jcw model just came out so you'll have to wait a bit for it to show up on the us website and configurator