F55/F56 :: Hatch Talk (2014+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (F55/F56) hatchback discussions.

F55/F56 Ball park time-frame

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 06:00 PM
LittleRed
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My MINI is sailing my way.

I just checked and my new MINI is on the Freedom. For those of you using vesselfinder.com to track the ship, its ship number is IMO9129706. It just left the port a little bit ago and is headed out into the English Channel on its way to Baltimore for arrival on 5/24. I will be tracking it all the way.

2015 Chili Red/White Cooper S - JCW Exterior and Interior
2003 Chili Red/White Cooper

Old 05-12-2015, 06:10 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
Congrats Red!

Old 05-12-2015, 06:16 PM
jeepndad
2nd Gear
I was finally able to use a desktop to help instead of mobile.
Here is what I found (thanks for the links).
Vessel name Tugela
Voyage ID for those that are on the same ship CD518-TUG
left earlier today sometime and is scheduled to be at Port Hueneme on 5/29

Old 05-12-2015, 06:17 PM
quickave
3rd Gear
sweet! jeep whats your build look like?

Old 05-12-2015, 08:23 PM
jeepndad
2nd Gear
Ordered my wife a new Mini F55 on Sun. 4/12/15. My wife says I am more excited about it than her.
Here are the specs: Cooper S Hardtop 4 door British Racing Green Carbon black leatherette Cold weather package Fully loaded package 17" Cosmos Spoke black Wired upgrade Steptronic Auto trans Black roof, black mirror caps, black bonnet stripes interior surface piano black Although I think I forgot to order something as we wanted the interior door panels that have the mood lighting

Attached Thumbnails Ball park time-frame-image-156831446.jpg  

Last edited by jeepndad; 05-13-2015 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:35 AM
dirtyscarab
2nd Gear
Yeah, I missed the Freedom. Was booked but then returned to shipper. I guess I'll be on the next boat with you guys

Old 05-13-2015, 12:27 PM
Popcult
1st Gear
My F55 is on the Artemis Leader which left Southhampton on May 6 and is going to be passing through the Panama Canal this Friday, May 15. Anyone else on this vessel?

Old 05-13-2015, 12:49 PM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Received 164 Likes on 127 Posts
Man, it's crazy how we can follow a ship anywhere in the world and know it's exact location within 5 minutes. Whoever designed that program was not paid enough money.

We started playing with the program this morning locating our ship (the Torino) moored in Bremerhaven Germany. The we looked at all the ships at sea around that area (looks like confetti thrown on a map), and clicking each ship icon to bring up a pix, and ship info.

Actually going to be very cool to watch our ship depart it's current location and make it's scheduled stops (Gothenberg Sweden and Zeebrugge Belgium) before loading our Mini in Southhamption for the trip to North America.

Truly amazing technology and they only charge $850 delivery fee. Heck we paid more than that from Bowling Green KY to Estero FL.

Pretty awesome stuff. Thanks Quickave for the links. More computer fun than Crysis

Old 05-14-2015, 04:46 AM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It looks like some of our MINI's may be delayed...by ICE! I don't know if our ship's plotted course is along the coast along Newfoundland but ships are being diverted south. (And on the 'learn something new every day' front, I never knew there WAS a 'North American Ice Service'.)

Attached Thumbnails Ball park time-frame-nais-iceberg-chart-20150514.jpg  

Last edited by ljmiii; 05-14-2015 at 04:54 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:53 AM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ljmiii
I never knew there WAS a 'North American Ice Service'.)
Me neither, thought they only catered large weddings and sporting events.

Guessing the Ice isn't going to be a huge factor since the routes the car carriers usually run a bit further south of that area. Any additional sailing time will likely be measured in hours rather than days.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:04 AM
quickave
3rd Gear
Yea the Coast Guard mans most of the ice missions. I'm trying to get stationed at that unit in two years matter of fact. We startedhttp://www.navcen.uscg.gov/?pageName=IIPHome doing since the Titanic went down.

I agree with USA-RET, if any delay it will be in hours and all it will take is a course correction now (if even needed) to avoid the ice zone.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:33 AM
Richard M Nixon
2nd Gear
Finally off the train and waiting for a boat, but the next one isn't until Tuesday. So sad.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:50 AM
quickave
3rd Gear
Very nice Nixon .. What's ur build again?

Old 05-14-2015, 09:04 AM
dirtyscarab
2nd Gear
Here's the schedule for those waiting:

Name:  Untitled-2_zpssnudhqo0.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  177.2 KB
My Mini will be arriving in Baltimore, so my departure date will either be Sun 17th May, Mon 18th May, Tues Jun 2nd or Weds June 3rd.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:20 AM
Richard M Nixon
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by quickave
Very nice Nixon .. What's ur build again?
Justa 3 door, racing green, white top, black stripes. Satellite grey seating with MINI yours off white interior, satellite grey doors and color line, and connected XL. I'm hoping it looks as classy in person as online - there was nothing close to it when I visited my dealership.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:44 AM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Richard M Nixon
Satellite grey seating with MINI yours off white interior, satellite grey doors and color line...
Niiiice! Please do post pics - it sounds like it will be truly special.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:56 AM
jtca
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
British Racing Green

Wow, quite a few BRG lately! Mine is also Justa, currently on Tugela which left Southampton on 5/12:

- British Racing Green II
- White roof and mirror caps
- White bonnet stripes
- Manual transmission
- Sports package (sports seats, LED headlights, 16" loop spoke wheels)
- Wired package
- Rear view camera + PDC (I know, should have gotten Wire Upgrade to include HUD. Oh well.)
- JCW steering wheel
- Comfort Access
- Leatherette carbon black
- Dark silver dash insert interior
- Shadow grey color line

Attached Thumbnails Ball park time-frame-brg.jpg   Ball park time-frame-dark-silver-interior.jpg  
Old 05-15-2015, 02:25 PM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Since my car was completed on 11 May, I assume(d) that its ride to the USA will be on the Vehicle Carrier ship "Torino" departing Southhampton on 19 May.

Now I am wondering if perhaps my car may have made it on to ship departing Southhamption for the USA earlier like 14-15-16 May?

Also, I'm getting my car delivered to Ft. Myers Florida. Again I assume Brunswick GA is the only P.O.E for my car, does anyone know if cars delivered to Savannah GA are shipped to Florida also. If it is a P.O.E. for Florida cars, then maybe mine is a sea.

In which case I need to find out some ship names.

Old 05-15-2015, 02:46 PM
Richard M Nixon
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by USA-RET
Since my car was completed on 11 May, I assume(d) that its ride to the USA will be on the Vehicle Carrier ship "Torino" departing Southhampton on 19 May.

Now I am wondering if perhaps my car may have made it on to ship departing Southhamption for the USA earlier like 14-15-16 May?

Also, I'm getting my car delivered to Ft. Myers Florida. Again I assume Brunswick GA is the only P.O.E for my car, does anyone know if cars delivered to Savannah GA are shipped to Florida also. If it is a P.O.E. for Florida cars, then maybe mine is a sea.

There are a good number of entry ports in the US. I'm not really sure how they are divided amongst the dealerships. I'm in Texas and my MINI is going to Brunswick as well. If you're not sure where your MINI is being sent, ask your sales rep to query it in their system. My guy sent me this screenshot of the vehicle inventory system and it says in the upper right that it's going to port SSIPOA.

You'll probably be on the same boat as me. If you call the ASK-MINI number it'll tell you if your car is at the port or already on board a carrier.

Old 05-15-2015, 03:01 PM
ljmiii
3rd Gear
If you enter your VIN into W & W's track and trace it will tell you on which ship your MINI is booked. Not that it will necessarily be on that ship...mine was 'returned to shipper' and then made the next boat out.

https://www.2wglobal.com/

Old 05-15-2015, 04:22 PM
USA-RET
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ljmiii
If you enter your VIN into W & W's track and trace it will tell you on which ship your MINI is booked. Not that it will necessarily be on that ship...mine was 'returned to shipper' and then made the next boat out.

https://www.2wglobal.com/
Alas "No records found". Guess my initial instincts were correct - Torino to Brunswick Ga arriving June 1.

Still pretty exciting knowing which ship and being able to track its voyage. Around the 20th or so, I'll try the VIN search again and it should show up on-board the Torino.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:27 PM
Ultraviolet1
3rd Gear
Alas "No records found". Guess my initial instincts were correct - Torino to Brunswick Ga arriving June 1.

Still pretty exciting knowing which ship and being able to track its voyage. Around the 20th or so, I'll try the VIN search again and it should show up on-board the Torino.
Hey USA-RET, just curious, how'd you figure it would be the Torino vs. another ship? I ask because mine completed production yesterday and it's headed to Brunswick, GA as well. It could be possible we'd be sharing a ship

Old 05-15-2015, 05:33 PM
Bob4
2nd Gear

Ordered March 7
At dealer May 7

Old 05-15-2015, 06:34 PM
Richard M Nixon
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet1
Hey USA-RET, just curious, how'd you figure it would be the Torino vs. another ship? I ask because mine completed production yesterday and it's headed to Brunswick, GA as well. It could be possible we'd be sharing a ship
Torino is the next ship scheduled for departure this coming Tuesday and heading to Brunswick. If you're built out and awaiting transit, you've got a good shot of being aboard.

Old 05-15-2015, 06:36 PM
Ultraviolet1
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Richard M Nixon
Torino is the next ship scheduled for departure this coming Tuesday and heading to Brunswick. If you're built out and awaiting transit, you've got a good shot of being aboard.
Cool. Here's to hoping! Mine literally just finished yesterday so I don't know if they transport them to the port over the weekend or not, but I'll cross my fingers.

Quick Reply: F55/F56 Ball park time-frame