Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

Drivetrain Any Personal Experience W/ Cosworth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Checkmate
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Personal Experience W/ Cosworth?

I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with the Cosworth Stage 1 or Stage 2 upgrade kits. Or if anyone knows more details about it than what was placed in the first issue of MC2. Any information at all would be helpful. I have an 06 Space Blue Checkmate Cooper S and was considering adding the Stage 2. It just seems like you get more for your money than going with the JCW.

Thanks,
Shannah

Old 03-09-2006, 08:00 PM
ingsoc
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Checkmate
I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with the Cosworth Stage 1 or Stage 2 upgrade kits. Or if anyone knows more details about it than what was placed in the first issue of MC2. Any information at all would be helpful. I have an 06 Space Blue Checkmate Cooper S and was considering adding the Stage 2. It just seems like you get more for your money than going with the JCW.

Thanks,
Shannah
I have a M7/Cosworth Stage 2+ [with crank pulley], and I'm more than happy . The pieces were all quality, and they make a nice tight package, just like the JCW parts. Only, I've got a lot more power . Honestly, the change in my car [an 04] was awesome! Yours, an 06 [with better gear ratios] would be even faster. What kind of driving do you do? The car is easy as can be to drive, of course- just as easy/smooth as the JCW I testdrove once upon a time. Of course, lemme know if you have any questions.

If you look around, you can find a few threads here with dyno graphs and everything, but if you're interested in actual user feedback, myself, CooperSS, Eastsidemini, and a couple of other people more rarely around have M7/Cosworth cars. We're all nice and very happy with our decisions .

Old 03-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Checkmate
5th Gear
My car is a daily driver, but would also like to get it on the track and have some fun with it as well. I know the JCW is built to do both and that's what I read the cosworth is supposed to do too. That's why I was so interested in it. I want something that is a whole kit rather than bits and pieces thrown together like a lot of the other mods and add ons. It sounds great. It'll be a while before I get it but I wanted to get some feedback first.
Thanks a buch for the info...
Shannah

Old 03-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Let me see if I can find my copy, I'll scan in the article and post it.

Old 03-10-2006, 02:51 AM
Motor On
6th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Old 03-10-2006, 04:50 AM
Minvader
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by ingsoc
I have a M7/Cosworth Stage 2+ [with crank pulley], and I'm more than happy . The pieces were all quality, and they make a nice tight package, just like the JCW parts. Only, I've got a lot more power . Honestly, the change in my car [an 04] was awesome! Yours, an 06 [with better gear ratios] would be even faster. What kind of driving do you do? The car is easy as can be to drive, of course- just as easy/smooth as the JCW I testdrove once upon a time. Of course, lemme know if you have any questions.

If you look around, you can find a few threads here with dyno graphs and everything, but if you're interested in actual user feedback, myself, CooperSS, Eastsidemini, and a couple of other people more rarely around have M7/Cosworth cars. We're all nice and very happy with our decisions .
I've gone back & read just about every post I could find about the Cosworth kit... and your name keeps coming up! Since you are a fellow Florida folk (but not on SSM )... I'd be interested to know where you had the installation done. It would be cool to meet up with you sometime & check your car out in person too. IF I could ever scratch up enough scratch, I'm seriously considering going Cosworth/M7... just looks like a nice overall package to me, do it once and call it done, from then on it would be little cosmetic mods.

Old 03-10-2006, 05:59 AM
Checkmate
5th Gear
Well I've read the article in MC2 and that helped but I think I need to call them up and ask. Maybe see someones car that has it. I live in the St. louis area so if here is anyone even relatively close with it added, I would love to see it. I'm new to cars when it comes to specifics about whats under the good and it's been fun learning, but I have a lot moe to learn. Thanks to everyone for your help.

Shannah

Old 03-10-2006, 04:07 PM
DrCoop
1st Gear
I am doing a Cosworth kit with M7 but with a little more action than Stage 2 (CP pistons, Carrillo rods, polished crank, etc) and hope to have it done in time for MOTD. Perhaps Minvader and Checkmate I will see you there.

Old 03-10-2006, 05:58 PM
polizei
6th Gear
What is the website to see this kit? And do you have to order it overseas? That would be SWEET to have a Cos MINI!

I just found a name for my future MINI, the cosmi (cause-me).

-Cody

Old 03-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Thameth
5th Gear
Originally Posted by polizei
What is the website to see this kit? And do you have to order it overseas? That would be SWEET to have a Cos MINI!

I just found a name for my future MINI, the cosmi (cause-me).

-Cody
Sup Polizei! Funny seeing you here in these parts. Looks like your finally getting serious about getting your MINI

You can see a break down and pricing of the kit here on M7's site

http://www.m7tuning.com/main.m7/store

I thought the Focus 2.3 Cosworth kits were pricey $3600+

Old 03-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Checkmate
5th Gear
Dr. Coop I would love to see your car at the dragon. I'm excited to bring checks out there and show him off. Do you use your car as a daily driver, or is he a weekend car? That is my biggest hesitation aside from the warranty is how the tuning kits do with daily driving.

Old 03-10-2006, 07:42 PM
DrCoop
1st Gear
Checkmate . . . staying at Blue Boar . . . am sure to see you with or without Dragon Racings' new toy. It is being set up as a weekend/track car. Because of your interest I want to seriously consider Peter and Randy at M7. There are other Cos dealers out there BTW. But they have much more to offer and have tolerated all my wanderings in the forest of engine mods, helping me settle on a very innovative build concept. It is different from the Cosworth S2 pack advertised and thus I think you should explore options with them that suit your particular use and budget. Unlike others I have dealt with on my M3, they are very thoughtful about the performance/cost equation. PM me for more specifics. /Don

Old 03-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Minvader
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by DrCoop
I am doing a Cosworth kit with M7 but with a little more action than Stage 2 (CP pistons, Carrillo rods, polished crank, etc) and hope to have it done in time for MOTD. Perhaps Minvader and Checkmate I will see you there.
I wish I could see your Cosworth at the Dragon... I had planned to go, completely forgetting that I already commited myself to something I can't really get out of that weekend!:impatient With the other extras you are doing, you'd only be a bad influence on me!

Old 03-10-2006, 08:37 PM
ingsoc
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm gonna be there with my car, too, if all works out. I'll be with Team M7 . You're more than welcome to check out my car, too. Oh, and there are special goodies in store for my car, too, btw... Trust me, you'll like em! .

DrCoop, I'm thrilled to hear that the Cosworth kit fit your goals, after all! Your car will be SICK for sure . Talked with Peter today- hopefully you and I can both make it...that would be sweet!

Old 03-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Eastsidemini
4th Gear
M7 Cosworth

Checkmate
I have the full Cosworth deal on my 03MCS for 8 mos now,16%+2% pulleys and today installed the MTH Tuner file I installed it myself and it has been trouble free ever since. I drive the car 3 times a week and track once a month and loving it. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat Talk to Peter at M7 and he is more than helpful to give a better idea

Old 03-10-2006, 10:33 PM
polizei
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Thameth
Sup Polizei! Funny seeing you here in these parts. Looks like your finally getting serious about getting your MINI

You can see a break down and pricing of the kit here on M7's site

http://www.m7tuning.com/main.m7/store

I thought the Focus 2.3 Cosworth kits were pricey $3600+
Hey Thameth! I am indeed very serious about getting a MINI and cannot wait! I just got done ranting on Mini2 how Ford wont bring over the RS, haha. Europe is so much better! The Focus Cos kit is $3600+? I was looking at the Stage 2 Cos for the MINI, $4700! That's crazy prices...lol. I guess if your comparing it to a JCW kit it's not that bad.

-Cody