Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R56) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.

ADAMSALTAMINI & HOWARD R56 HOW-TOS

  #1  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:11 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI's Avatar
ADAMSALTAMINI
ADAMSALTAMINI is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ADAMSALTAMINI & HOWARD R56 HOW-TOS

Hey guys and gals,

Mark explained to me that the best way to combine all the How-Tos I have done and that I am working on finishing is to link them all from here. He will "sticky" this in the Modifications section very soon.

As always please let me know if I can every help with the installation of our parts or a competitor. I just want everyone to enjoy the parts they have purchased with their hard earned money!

Be safe and Happy Motoring!

Easy Antenna How-To

Mudflaps Rear (OEM/MINI) Installation

Mudflaps Front (OEM/MINI) Installation

Rear Taillamps and Foglamps (OEM/MINI) Installation

Spring Installation ALL R56 models (features H&R Springs but can be useful for all brands)

Cat-Back Exhaust Installation (features ALTA cat-back)

Downpipe and replacement Catalyst Installation (features ALTA Down-pipes)

Performance Silicone ALTA Boost Tube Replacements

FMIC Intercooler Upgrade New on LLoyd DIY / How-To

JCW Steering Wheel and JCW Shift Indicator

JCW Shift Indicator Only!
 

Last edited by ADAMSALTAMINI; 04-13-2008 at 04:59 PM. Reason: New stuff!
  #2  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:12 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI's Avatar
ADAMSALTAMINI
ADAMSALTAMINI is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THANK YOU MARK! As always your help is appreciated!
 

Last edited by ADAMSALTAMINI; 10-22-2007 at 12:11 PM.
  #3  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:12 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI's Avatar
ADAMSALTAMINI
ADAMSALTAMINI is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Place Holder #2
 
  #4  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:13 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI's Avatar
ADAMSALTAMINI
ADAMSALTAMINI is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Place holder #3
 
  #5  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:13 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI's Avatar
ADAMSALTAMINI
ADAMSALTAMINI is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Place holder #4
 
  #6  
Old 10-21-2007, 04:14 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI's Avatar
ADAMSALTAMINI
ADAMSALTAMINI is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Place holder #5
 
  #7  
Old 10-21-2007, 10:21 PM
R56-S's Avatar
R56-S
R56-S is offline
2nd Gear
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 84
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bump, Plus Gauges? (LOL):impatient
 
  #8  
Old 10-22-2007, 08:24 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI's Avatar
ADAMSALTAMINI
ADAMSALTAMINI is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by R56-S View Post
Bump, Plus Gauges? (LOL):impatient
I swear I am getting there! Had a hellish weekend. My son was/is very sick and thus I was on kid duty. I was thankful I got anything done online. But I understand the importance of that and some others. Hence the place holders above.

Thanks again!
 
  #9  
Old 10-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Mark's Avatar
Mark
Mark is offline
North American Motoring :: Founder
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,070
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm stickying this thread for now in the R56 forums until we have another means to aggregate how-tos on the site. I have some software that may assist with this in the not so distant future so stay tuned. Thanks

Mark
 
  #10  
Old 10-22-2007, 01:07 PM
a96bimmerm3's Avatar
a96bimmerm3
a96bimmerm3 is offline
5th Gear
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Aventura, Florida
Posts: 603
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how-to install the reflash soon?
 
  #11  
Old 12-12-2007, 01:05 AM
DrDiff's Avatar
DrDiff
DrDiff is offline
Coordinator :: Northwest Indiana MINIacs
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Valparaiso, IN
Posts: 2,412
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R56 mods on a R55 Clubman S

Since MINI USA feels that a heavier Clubman S doesn't need JCW goodness, is there any plans for ALTA R55 Clubman S Mods?

Better yet would R56 Mods work on a R55. I know that the cat back would be different but everything else should work in my logic... But it might be Flawed..
 
  #12  
Old 12-20-2007, 11:28 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI's Avatar
ADAMSALTAMINI
ADAMSALTAMINI is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YES of course! I should have one VERY soon. I sold Howard and I have a Clubman coming to fill the spot. As soon as it arrives I will be adding the same types of how-tos, checking fitments, new exhaust systems etc etc. So stay tuned!

Thanks again!
 
  #13  
Old 04-13-2008, 05:00 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI's Avatar
ADAMSALTAMINI
ADAMSALTAMINI is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New LLoyd how-tos going up as we speak!
 
  #14  
Old 04-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Nelzzz's Avatar
Nelzzz
Nelzzz is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 43
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R56 Downpipe and Cat Back

I ordered both the downpipe and cat back for my 2008 Cooper S, does the tail piece of the downpipe connect directly to the catback? If so that means the ALTA exhaust adapter does not get installed? If that is the case, I received 1 3" clamp with the downpipe and 2 3" clamps with the catback...am I still missing the 3" clamp that connects the downpipe and the cat back?

Thanks for your help...your products are awesome!
 
  #15  
Old 04-28-2008, 08:11 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI's Avatar
ADAMSALTAMINI
ADAMSALTAMINI is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nelzzz View Post
I ordered both the downpipe and cat back for my 2008 Cooper S, does the tail piece of the downpipe connect directly to the catback? If so that means the ALTA exhaust adapter does not get installed? If that is the case, I received 1 3" clamp with the downpipe and 2 3" clamps with the catback...am I still missing the 3" clamp that connects the downpipe and the cat back?

Thanks for your help...your products are awesome!

Hi Nelzz,

Thanks for the purchases and the post. You are correct, sounds like we owe you a clamp.

If you PM me your phone number, address etc. I can have a CSR get on this first thing in the morning.

Thanks again for choosing ALTA! Sorry about the issue!
 
  #16  
Old 05-10-2008, 08:26 AM
alexmini08
alexmini08 is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ADAMSALTAMINI, is there a way that you could ship some parts to Puerto Rico???
 
  #17  
Old 05-11-2008, 08:32 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI's Avatar
ADAMSALTAMINI
ADAMSALTAMINI is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alexmini08 View Post
ADAMSALTAMINI, is there a way that you could ship some parts to Puerto Rico???
NO PROBLEM! Just e-mail me [email protected] what you need, address, telephone etc. and we will work out a quote tomorrow!

Thanks again!
 
  #18  
Old 05-11-2008, 06:53 PM
alexmini08
alexmini08 is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 35
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ADAMSALTAMINI View Post
NO PROBLEM! Just e-mail me [email protected] what you need, address, telephone etc. and we will work out a quote tomorrow!

Thanks again!
Wooooooooooo Yeah!!! Thanks For the help!! Pm is in the way!
 
  #19  
Old 05-30-2008, 04:16 PM
reyd1's Avatar
reyd1
reyd1 is offline
4th Gear
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winter Garden, FL
Posts: 424
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome links! Thanks Alta!
 
  #20  
Old 06-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Nelzzz's Avatar
Nelzzz
Nelzzz is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 43
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adam,

Hello, I have a 2008 MCS, I installed the downpipe and Catback exhaust I purchased from you guys...I love the sound, I have a problem I was hoping you can help me with, when I put the AC on the yellow service engine light comes on, I took it to the dealer, they recalibrated it and it was good until I put the AC on again...Can you help me with this problem? The dealer says its the downpipe & catback exhaust that is causing the problem...please help...
 
  #21  
Old 06-08-2008, 07:31 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI's Avatar
ADAMSALTAMINI
ADAMSALTAMINI is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nelzzz View Post
Adam,

Hello, I have a 2008 MCS, I installed the downpipe and Catback exhaust I purchased from you guys...I love the sound, I have a problem I was hoping you can help me with, when I put the AC on the yellow service engine light comes on, I took it to the dealer, they recalibrated it and it was good until I put the AC on again...Can you help me with this problem? The dealer says its the downpipe & catback exhaust that is causing the problem...please help...
Hey Nelzzzzzz,

Thanks for the purchase and the message here. Sorry I didn't get to it sooner. That is a baffling question. BUT, you should check the wiring close to the AC compressor. I wonder if during the removal of the Heat Shields, or upper DP section if the wiring got nicked. As a result, it shorts when you turn it on.

Check that and let me know! Chat soon!

Adam
 
  #22  
Old 05-03-2009, 08:58 AM
shadow1
shadow1 is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Adam, im all the way in SOUTH AFRICA! yip we dodge lions on the way to work and "drive" on an elephants back jokes aside... I own a r56 cooper s and REALLY want it to sound alot more meaner. it sounds way too girly standard. Does your Alta stuff affect warranties/motorplans? Here in SA im struggling to get the dealer to allow me to do ANYTHING to my cooper.

By the way i LOVE alta products, they seem carefully manuafactured and car specific which i repsect. BIG UPS to Alta and Adam for all his help on the forums
 
  #23  
Old 05-04-2009, 11:14 AM
ADAMSALTAMINI's Avatar
ADAMSALTAMINI
ADAMSALTAMINI is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Hi Adam, im all the way in SOUTH AFRICA! yip we dodge lions on the way to work and "drive" on an elephants back jokes aside... I own a r56 cooper s and REALLY want it to sound alot more meaner. it sounds way too girly standard. Does your Alta stuff affect warranties/motorplans? Here in SA im struggling to get the dealer to allow me to do ANYTHING to my cooper.

By the way i LOVE alta products, they seem carefully manuafactured and car specific which i repsect. BIG UPS to Alta and Adam for all his help on the forums
thanks for the compliments and for asking Shadow1!

We have a new exhaust system for US JCW and worldwide ALL Cooper S models that is louder than our existing Turbo-Back Exhaust. Includes just one catalyst vs. two currently and will be a bit louder. Should fit your needs perfectly! PM me your e-mail addy and I will send you the information ASAP.

Please let me know how I can help in anyway further! Thanks again!
 
  #24  
Old 05-05-2009, 09:48 AM
shadow1
shadow1 is offline
1st Gear
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ADAMSALTAMINI View Post
thanks for the compliments and for asking Shadow1!

We have a new exhaust system for US JCW and worldwide ALL Cooper S models that is louder than our existing Turbo-Back Exhaust. Includes just one catalyst vs. two currently and will be a bit louder. Should fit your needs perfectly! PM me your e-mail addy and I will send you the information ASAP.

Please let me know how I can help in anyway further! Thanks again!

I have NO IDEA where the PM button is! im still tryin to negotiate with my dealer but it seems they wont let me change ANYTHING on the exhaust.....sux man...
 
  #25  
Old 05-05-2009, 03:52 PM
ADAMSALTAMINI's Avatar
ADAMSALTAMINI
ADAMSALTAMINI is offline
Former Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 3,155
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
I have NO IDEA where the PM button is! im still tryin to negotiate with my dealer but it seems they wont let me change ANYTHING on the exhaust.....sux man...
The PM button is under any person's name on a post. So in the upper left hand corner. Right click and then choose send Private Message. Look forward to one coming form you, even as a test!

Law is possibly different in SA vs. USA on aftermarket parts, but in the US a dealer / mfr. can deny warranty coverage based on aftermarket parts installation, unless the part is to blame for the problem. Like a rattle or something. Hope you can work it out with your dealer. Might help to e-mail them a link to the parts you want, and have the service manager e-mail me with any questions. Always happy to help out!
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ADAMSALTAMINI & HOWARD R56 HOW-TOS


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: