Alabama Motoring Society: BAMA and Rocket City The forum for the Alabama Motoring Society.
Visit the BAMA club site at www.bamamini.com
Visit the Rocket City MINI club site at www.rocketcitymini.com

'bout time for another MINI event?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 06:19 AM
ThumbsUp
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'bout time for another MINI event?

I missed the Nashville Homecoming, so it's been a while since getting together with you other MINIacs.

Anyone up for a cruise or outing? If so, I'll put something together.

Lemmeknow.............

Old 07-22-2004, 06:32 AM
bodinski
5th Gear
You best be quick, cause these folks don't know how ta go slow.

Old 07-22-2004, 07:22 PM
golfman
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society
Bodinsky, no body has to explain anything to you about fast. In the dictionary, your picture is shown to define fast.

Old 07-23-2004, 08:28 PM
magic mini
5th Gear
I know I'm still new to the Mini World but I thought I would let everyone know that the Rocket City Mini's are having a event on July 31. Here is the info about it.

"Check your calendar and mark the date july 31 as drive-in movie night, we will meet at 6:30pm at the publix's parking lot we will leave about 6:45pm . Their are someplace around there to get food or you can bring it from home. If you are running late we will have the radio's on 7 21 , the drive-in opens at 7:00pm the movie starts at dusk and it is $5.00 person I will check to see what it cost for kids. I know one of the movies is catwoman, I will know the other one by midweek. Hope to see you there. We will be meeting at the publix on hwy 72 in madison traveling and the drive-in is in athens."

This info was sent to me in a email. I know it is a little bit of a drive from Bham but I thought it would be nice to let everyone know. :smile:

Old 07-24-2004, 03:39 AM
Yucca Patrol
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society & South East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This weekend, I am running out at Barber Motorsports with BMWCCA. Any MINI folk are welcome to come out and watch a little green MINI chase down Bimmers on the track!

See the thread about Barber in this forum for more info! Tonight I will post Sunday's schedule for the event, but I will be on the track both Saturday and Sunday!

Old 07-26-2004, 09:00 PM
SB
6th Gear
So, what are we doing? I'm ready.

Old 07-27-2004, 07:48 PM
magic mini
5th Gear
What about Mini Bowling Night? I Like Tennis too so maybe Mini Tennis Day? l've Never played golf but maybe we could have Minture Golf Day? Well MINI GOLF!! And there is always a drive to some great place.

This is just some ideas. I maybe thinking to small , to big, or to far out.

Old 07-28-2004, 03:13 PM
sjolly
3rd Gear
I've talked to some of the mini people, ideas have been thrown around like an early end of summer cook out at smith lake state park in cullman swimming pool fishing. Steve Banks and I are going to map out a run to Jack Daniels for Sept and how about making a run up to the dragon in early Oct. when the trees are turning thier fall colors, just some ideas.:smile:

Last edited by sjolly; 07-28-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:26 PM
magic mini
5th Gear
Smith Lake State Park sounds good to me but its a short drive for me. I'm only 20 mins for there. The Jack Daniels run would be cool. To let everyone Know I was working at Jack Daniels center when I got my CAR. The company I work for re done their theather room. And The Dragon. What is the Dragon?

Originally Posted by sjolly
I've talked to some of the mini people, ideas have been thrown around like an early end of summer cook out at smith lake state park in cullman swimming pool fishing. Steve Banks and I are going to map out a run to Jack Daniels for Sept and how about making a run up to the dragon in early Oct. when the trees are turning thier fall colors, just some ideas.:smile:

Old 07-28-2004, 05:04 PM
sjolly
3rd Gear
The tail of the dragon is hwy 129 it is 11 miles 318 turns in tenn. go to www.tailofthedragon.com it will give you more information.:smile:

Last edited by sjolly; 07-28-2004 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-28-2004, 05:59 PM
magic mini
5th Gear
Well I have been missing out on a good thing.

Well the dragon sounds fun. Well I can't believe I didn't know about the Dragon. Being a former Miata driver and now a Mini Driver I have been missing out. So Time for me to take on the Dragon. Thanks for the info on the Dragon.

Originally Posted by sjolly
The tail of the dragon is hwy 129 it is 11 miles 318 turns in tenn. go to www.tailofthedragon.com it will give you more information.:smile:

Old 07-28-2004, 08:34 PM
Yucca Patrol
I am all about the Dragon in October! I've been up there 4 long weedends this past year and it is the best. See the Dragon related threads in the National Events forum.

koolmini and I went up there for a "Fall of the Dragon" trip last October and it was fanastic. Leaf peepers were a little slow, but it is so beautiful that time of year.

I really do want to go to the Drive In on July 31st. Can we get a roll call for Birmingham MINI's that want to caravan up there together?

Old 07-28-2004, 09:36 PM
SB
6th Gear
I should be getting my Yokohama's in tomorrow so I can't wait for the next Dragon run.

Two movies will be shown on the 31st. The Village and I-robot. Sjolly sent out a "vote for" e-mail on which would be preferred. We are meeting in Madison and driving to Athens so if your coming from B-ham and don't want to come all the way to madison, maybe the ones from the south could meet us at the Cracker Barrel if that is ok with Sjolly. It's the same place we met in Athens on the way to the Nashville homecoming. Just let us know so we don't pass you by.

The smith lake run sounds good for a quick trip. It's convenient for those of us in the north and those in the Birmingham area.

Phil Wicks is having a driving school in Nashville on Sept. 25 and 26. For those of us that couldn't do the BMW club school at Barber this past weekend, this is an alternative if you have ever thought about it. For MINI club members, the cost is $160 per day. I'm not sure what is required to show proof of being a MINI club member. http://www.minidriving.com/

Old 07-30-2004, 05:00 PM
Yucca Patrol
Please someone, let me know a specific place and time to meet. We really want to come to the drive in!

Any Birmingham people planning on going?

Edit: Ok I figured out where the Publix is on 72 in Madison. See you all there at 6:30 on Saturday!

Last edited by Yucca Patrol; 07-30-2004 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:31 PM
magic mini
5th Gear
I will be driving from Cullman up to meet the Group. If you want to meet me on my exit we can ride up together. I'm on exit 299 and will be there about 5pm so let me know. I was planning on going to the publix's to meet the group so I will have time to talk. I guess there will be no talking during the movie. :smile: This was sent to me in a email ,hope it helps out.
"Just a friendly reminder about the drive-in movie this weekend (july31). The movies playing are "The Village" rated pg-13 here is the web site if you would like to see what it is about http://www.thevillage.movies.go.com/ and "I,robot" rated pg-13, the price is $5.00 for adults and $2.00 for childern 3-11. They have food and drinks but you can bring your own if you like.

We will meet at the publix's on hwy 72 in Madison at 6:30pm leave at 7:00 for the drive-in in Athens, if you are running late I will have the radio on channel 7-21 and will wait for you."

We voted on which movie to see but I don't know which one won the vote

Originally Posted by YuccaPatrol
Please someone, let me know a specific place and time to meet. We really want to come to the drive in!

Any Birmingham people planning on going?

Edit: Ok I figured out where the Publix is on 72 in Madison. See you all there at 6:30 on Saturday!

Last edited by magic mini; 07-30-2004 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:07 PM
SB
6th Gear
That's a good idea, Magic. We'll see you and the others there.

I haven't heard if a movie has been decided on yet. Maybe that can be something else to talk about while at Publix.

Yucca, I'm from up here and I have to find Publix myself. I drive hwy 72 often but go to fast to see what is on the side of the road.

If any Madison officer is reading this. Just kidding.

Old 07-30-2004, 09:00 PM
sjolly
3rd Gear
The movie went to a tie, I have an idea, it might be possible to see both at the same time you just tune your radio to the movie you want to see.

It will take us 20 min to get to athens from publix(we leave madison at 7:00pm), we can meet you guys coming from B'ham in athens I think they is a McDonald's as you come off the interstate on the right hand side of the road, I will be on the radio as soon as we get need athens.(7-21)

Last edited by sjolly; 07-30-2004 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-31-2004, 10:36 PM
magic mini
5th Gear
Time is 12:30am. I got home at 12:15am

yep just got in from the Drive-in event. Had to run to Jasper before comeing home. This was a good event. I think sjolly did a good job setting this up. Give me until Monday and I will try to get some picture of the event on my web page.

www.magicmini.com

Last edited by magic mini; 08-01-2004 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:49 PM
golfman
Coordinator :: Alabama Motoring Society
Hey Magic, great pics! Sorry I missed it, but I had to be in Connecticut for the birth of my first grand child. Riley Grace Jackson was born at 2:47 on 7-27-04. She weighed in at 6 lbs 10 ozs and 20 inches long. See you guys soon, so in the meantime motor between the stripes.

Old 08-03-2004, 05:22 PM
magic mini
5th Gear
Congrats. But next time you better be there. :smile: . Just kinda. See you again soon.

Originally Posted by golfman
Hey Magic, great pics! Sorry I missed it, but I had to be in Connecticut for the birth of my first grand child. Riley Grace Jackson was born at 2:47 on 7-27-04. She weighed in at 6 lbs 10 ozs and 20 inches long. See you guys soon, so in the meantime motor between the stripes.

Old 08-15-2004, 05:57 PM
magic mini
5th Gear
Another event !!!

On Aug 21 there is a alabma mini event at Smith Lake Park. Please check out the thread on that event. Hope to see you there!!!:smile: