4th Annual MINIs on the Dragon (2006) Ready to take your turn trying to tame the Dragon? Learn all about what will likely be one of the largest MINI gatherings in 2006.

Question for those whom already made reservations at Fontana for 2006

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Driving_Hamster
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for those whom already made reservations at Fontana for 2006

For those of you who have already made reservations at Fontana for the 2006 Dragon what rate did they give you? Is it the full rate (as listed on their website) or did they give you a different rate (the 2005 rate)? I want to make my reservations now for next year so I don't have to worry about it.

Also do you think they will extend the rate from May 2nd (Tuesday) to the 7th (Sunday) instead of the 4th (Thursday) to the 7th? I'd like to come early next year and get some hiking/photography in before the masses arrive.

Thanks!

Old 05-11-2005, 03:14 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
As I made my reservations when I was checking out I was told there will be a rate increase from the 2005 prices.

Every area and season has a different price, so because I don’t know where you stayed I can’t tell you what the increase will be. Ours went up about $15 a night.

They do not give a weekly discount rate, we tried and they said no because we were there for a week this year. The up side is we are members of the Dragon Slayer’s club so we get a nightly discount. They do give a car club discount rate, but the Dragon Slayer discount is better.

Old 05-11-2005, 03:37 AM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sndwave
Ours went up about $15 a night.
Am I mistaken, but wasn't that the pre-discount room-rate quote? Didn't you tell me they haven't figured out the MINI discount yet?

Also, folks, remember that Fontana Village has new owners, so expect a little bump in the rates.

Clover

Old 05-11-2005, 04:07 AM
sndwave
Coordinator :: Gulf Coast & Panhandle MINIs
Originally Posted by MINIclo
Am I mistaken, but wasn't that the pre-discount room-rate quote? Didn't you tell me they haven't figured out the MINI discount yet?

Also, folks, remember that Fontana Village has new owners, so expect a little bump in the rates.

Clover
Correct.

From what we paid this year, what they quoted me for a daily rate next year was $15 a night more, but that’s before discount.

Old 05-11-2005, 08:08 AM
BabsWife
5th Gear
There should be rates posted soon as I know the room block has been completed. I think they are working on securing the whole resort with no other folks allowed this next year --- so no corvettes!!

Once I get the prices, I'll post. I know there will be a ton of remodeling and such --- so the prices will go up --- but shouldn't price themselves out of the market.

Hugs,
PB

Old 05-11-2005, 08:12 AM
whovous
5th Gear
More than $59/night for a two bedroom cabin?

Outrageous!

Old 05-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Batgirl555
1st Gear
I just made my reservation for next year at Fontana.
But being a girl - I splurged. I'm getting a 3 bedroom "modular home" (aka the nice new cabins) for 170/night. They're giving us a 15% group discount is what I was told on the phone this morning.
We're staying 6 nights so split that between 6 people - we're all just paying for one night. And with a year's headway - there wont be any price surprises. If they increase the rate - they have to honor the rate they quoted us when we reserved. Which is another reason I reserved so early. Don't trust new managment yet.

Old 05-11-2005, 02:45 PM
NekoWoman
5th Gear
Location: Fulltime RVer - R53 towed behind a vintage 1979 35' MCI MC-5C Saudi
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Can somebody tell me what the difference is between the new & old cabins? I'm not sure which ones I was in when visiting friends as I stayed at the Inn.

Also, what number is the party cabin? I don't think I made it over there -- but we made our own party anyhow! :smile:

How do we know where the exact numbers are...? I drove around quite a few roads before figuring out how to find things - the maps they give aren't very helpful when you can't see the house numbers on 50% of the cabins... I want to be able to get a nice cabin grouped with friends...

Old 05-11-2005, 03:13 PM
koolmini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NekoWoman
Can somebody tell me what the difference is between the new & old cabins? I'm not sure which ones I was in when visiting friends as I stayed at the Inn.

Also, what number is the party cabin? I don't think I made it over there -- but we made our own party anyhow! :smile:

How do we know where the exact numbers are...? I drove around quite a few roads before figuring out how to find things - the maps they give aren't very helpful when you can't see the house numbers on 50% of the cabins... I want to be able to get a nice cabin grouped with friends...
answers:
1. the new cabin is newer then the old cabin (no rust on the fridge yet)
2. the party cabin is whatever cabin i happen to be in at the time
3. get a fontana village map with cabin numbers

Old 05-11-2005, 05:16 PM
BabsWife
5th Gear
Originally Posted by NekoWoman

Techincally, the "new" cabins are the Willows, the Hemlocks, and the Magnolias. There are also 2 Log cabins are are considered new too.

All other cabins are considered "old". However, it should be noted that both the inn and the Azeleas will be gutted and fixed up over this next year in prep for the gang next year. A good question to ask is, "does the cabin I'm looking at have a phone?" Yes? then it is an OLDER cabin -- the phone lines currently are not compatible with the newer cabins -- this may change but for now it is a good measure.

Now, as for the numbering system -- if you basically work from 28 back the numbers get higher. However, like numbers are generally close to each other. SO, I'd suggest you figure out a few people you might want to be close to, and everyone reserve together. Also, you must request in advance a "Do not Move" be put on your cabin -- or they might move you as other requests come in.

As for the party cabin? I think it was a bit more mobile this year than last. I expected to see drunks wandering home from it, as I was just up the road --- no body wandering the streets at all hours.

Hope this helps,
PB

Old 05-11-2005, 11:07 PM
lastrega
6th Gear
What's the price?

We just received a confirmation for next year reservation but there is no price.

Last year (made reservation for MOTD 2005 in May 04) they send me a confirmation w/ $75.00 deposit charged to my c/c. I guess I will wait 'til Patricia posts the new prices.

PS: The cabin (Willow) was nice ( we had ants at no charge) and everything worked fine. We did not have a front lawn like other cabins so I had to park in the drive way (inside joke with my group)

MD STREGA2

Old 05-12-2005, 04:57 AM
lastrega
6th Gear
Checked my credit card:The charges for the Willow Cabin went up to $ 79.00 per night.

MD STREGA2

Old 05-12-2005, 06:50 AM
BabsWife
5th Gear
Here's rates I got....

Inn Rooms (totally remodeled in the upcoming year): $62.00
Fireplace Rooms (totally remodeled): $74.00
Honeymoon Suite: $102.00
New Dogwood (2bed/1bath): $109.00
Dogwood (2bed/1bath): $79.00
Laurel (2bed/1bath): $99.00
Azelea (2bed/2bath): $135.00
Azelea (3bed/2bath): $148.00
Log Cabin (2bed/2bath): $170.00
Willow (1bed/1bath): $79.00
Magnolia (3bed/2bath): $170.00
Campsite (hookup): $18.00
Campsite (tent): $13.50

Hope this helps,
PB

Old 05-18-2005, 07:15 PM
TheWrks
Coordinator :: Michigan MINI Motor Club
We have booked a cabin for nex year for 7 nights

Old 05-30-2005, 01:23 PM
bamatt
6th Gear
I was charged $148 for a 3BR Azalea.

Old 06-19-2005, 06:08 PM
MINImis
1st Gear
Sorry to ask such basic (neophyte) questions, but . . . .

When is the Dragon 2006, and what is Fontana?

Old 06-19-2005, 09:35 PM
welshmenwillnotyield
6th Gear
First weekend in May...318 radical curves in 11.6 miles [each way]...the time of your life, on US 129, TN/NC.

Old 06-19-2005, 09:50 PM
minihoopercooper
3rd Gear
i made my reservations from may 3rd leaving out may 7th - laurel cabin and the rate was $99 a night (didn't care what the rate was as long as there is coffee) - the official dates for next year's minis on the dragon is may 4th (thursday) thru may 7th (sunday) - this year was my first trip and i will go every year from now on (HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE) so if you're interested you should book now - give Fontana Village a call at 1-800-849-2258 - they are super nice and hopefully have some rooms left for next year! check out the website tailofthedragon.com to learn more about deals gap, north carolina where all the fun happens!

Old 07-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Jollynut
2nd Gear
I made my reservation very soon after coming back from this years event!!

The price for the 2 bedroom cabin has gone up from $150 to $170 next year.

BUT, it is the same cabin that we had last year, and it is a relatively new one, and we know that it is nice, so don't have to worry about ending up in a grotty old one!!!

Only Three hundred and three days to go!!! :smile:

Old 08-19-2005, 07:16 AM
JustDandy
4th Gear
So... Is there an official website?

Or is the MINIs on the Dragon put together through the NAM forums? I'm just curious how you find out about schedules of events, etc.

Pics look great and there's some great advice on the tail of the dragon website.

Thanks,

John

Old 08-19-2005, 08:19 AM
koolmini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
sounds good, i'm booked, you can count me in at this Dragon thingy

Old 08-19-2005, 04:25 PM
BartMack
6th Gear
I reserved for 2006 when I was checking out..

next year I'm showing up a couple of days early so I can actually drive the Dragon some!! I was so busy this year getting pulleys and intakes and panoramas and dragon stickers and whatever else that I only showed up in 3 killboy shots next year I want wayyyy more attention!! (but not the bad kind, ifyouknowwhatimean)

Old 08-19-2005, 06:27 PM
mbabischkin
6th Gear
Originally Posted by jdandeneau
Or is the MINIs on the Dragon put together through the NAM forums? I'm just curious how you find out about schedules of events, etc.

Pics look great and there's some great advice on the tail of the dragon website.

Thanks,

John
When it happens, it will probably be here on NAM... But it's still quite a ways out...

There will also be a new forum specific for the 2006 event as well...

Old 08-20-2005, 03:42 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
MINI5280 has reserved a cabin

for '06. 3BR Azalea. Please stop by...

Jonathan

Old 08-21-2005, 05:45 AM
MINItencan
Coordinator :: MINI Car Club of Indiana (MINICCI)
Originally Posted by jsouz
for '06. 3BR Azalea. Please stop by...

Jonathan
You know we'll stop by !

Quick Reply: Question for those whom already made reservations at Fontana for 2006