1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm all in... let's motor!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 11:08 PM
BucketheadJones
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm all in... let's motor!

After months of lurking and learning, reading and research, today I placed my order for my MINI Cooper! Now, perhaps you'll get to know me a little more as I have come to know some of you through your posts.

I was able to get one of the last spots for March production through Mini of Murray (SLC, Utah). I just wasn't comfortable with having the car shipped from points east, so instead I'll fly to SLC, take delivery from the dealer and enjoy breaking in my new mini on the drive home to Seattle.

My decision to get an MC instead of an MCS was a deliberate one and one that I gave a lot of thought to. Ultimately, I enjoy the twisty bits in 2nd and 3rd gear much more than straight-line speed, so for that reason (among others) I felt that the MC provided a purer driving experience. The better MPG, MSRP and insurance didn't hurt either.

I've always been an old school guy when it comes to styling. I'm giving up a classic '63 VW Ragtop non-daily driver to enjoy my driving expereince every day (believe me, the MC is a rocket compared to my old Bug). My choices in the spec below - chrome line in and out, english panther black seats - reflect my love of classic motoring. I have a few "personal touches" up my sleeve once I get the keys thanks to countless hours learning from all of you and admiring the things you've done to your MINI's. Thank you.

I look forward to enjoying my MINI as much as you all enjoy yours. For those of you in the Northwest and at PSMINI.ORG, I hope to see you all in 8-12 weeks.

MC, Solar Red/Silver
Premium, Sport, Cold Weather
Chrome Line Exterior
Rear Fog Lamp
English Panther Black Seats
Chrome Line Interior
Anthracite Interior Surface and Headliner
HK Stereo
Arm Rest, Aux Audio Input, etc.
Standard five-star wheels (which won't last long - PM me if you're interested)

Now I'm off to join my support group as soon as I find out which week I am!

All the best & happy motoring,

Kristopher

Old 03-02-2006, 02:29 AM
jimmy_racoon
3rd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome to the club! As I fellow Cooper owner, 1 year, 17 days!, you're in good company. I'm right with you on the "claaic" appreciation, as well as the curves vs. the straight line speed.

Can't wait to see some pics. Excellent idea to driver her home. It will speed up your break-in period! Motor on.

Old 03-02-2006, 07:52 AM
Porco Rosso
2nd Gear
Welcome! Great spec! I love, love, love the Solar Red/Silver. Too bad for me they don't offer the Solar Red on anything but the MC.

Happy motoring!

Old 03-02-2006, 08:00 AM
schooner2
4th Gear
Congradualtions on the Order!! Mini Of Murray will take good care of you!! I have bought 3 Mini's from them. Great people to work with! Now the hard part!! "WAITING"!! Happy Motoring!!

Old 03-02-2006, 08:09 AM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Another awesome Solar Red / Silver running around. And one of the last made.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:48 AM
jdjeff58
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BucketheadJones
After months of lurking and learning, reading and research, today I placed my order for my MINI Cooper! Now, perhaps you'll get to know me a little more as I have come to know some of you through your posts.

I was able to get one of the last spots for March production through Mini of Murray (SLC, Utah). I just wasn't comfortable with having the car shipped from points east, so instead I'll fly to SLC, take delivery from the dealer and enjoy breaking in my new mini on the drive home to Seattle.

My decision to get an MC instead of an MCS was a deliberate one and one that I gave a lot of thought to. Ultimately, I enjoy the twisty bits in 2nd and 3rd gear much more than straight-line speed, so for that reason (among others) I felt that the MC provided a purer driving experience. The better MPG, MSRP and insurance didn't hurt either.

I've always been an old school guy when it comes to styling. I'm giving up a classic '63 VW Ragtop non-daily driver to enjoy my driving expereince every day (believe me, the MC is a rocket compared to my old Bug). My choices in the spec below - chrome line in and out, english panther black seats - reflect my love of classic motoring. I have a few "personal touches" up my sleeve once I get the keys thanks to countless hours learning from all of you and admiring the things you've done to your MINI's. Thank you.

I look forward to enjoying my MINI as much as you all enjoy yours. For those of you in the Northwest and at PSMINI.ORG, I hope to see you all in 8-12 weeks.

MC, Solar Red/Silver
Premium, Sport, Cold Weather
Chrome Line Exterior
Rear Fog Lamp
English Panther Black Seats
Chrome Line Interior
Anthracite Interior Surface and Headliner
HK Stereo
Arm Rest, Aux Audio Input, etc.
Standard five-star wheels (which won't last long - PM me if you're interested)

Now I'm off to join my support group as soon as I find out which week I am!

All the best & happy motoring,

Kristopher

Welcome.....Looks like a nice build. Very Sharp!

Old 03-03-2006, 05:45 PM
BucketheadJones
2nd Gear
Anybody know when Solar Red went into production? I know it's only been a short time... and now it's going away. That plus the fact it's MC only should make it a rare color.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:51 PM
dave
pug poo picker-upper
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Solar Red started production in Week 40 (first week of October). My MC is a week 40 MINI.