1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 36 (8/31-9/6/2009) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:47 AM
10Zero
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Week 36 (8/31-9/6/2009) Support Group

List of Week 36ers...

10Zero - MCSa Chili Red/Chili Red Roof - Delivered!
k3v1n - MCS Midnight Black -Delivered! (kinda sorta)
Yossarian - MCS Dark Silver/Black Roof - Delivered!
BMW13 - MCCS Pure Silver/Black Roof - Delivered!
araamir - MCS Horizon Blue
Pennysfbay - MCSa Chili Red/White Roof - Delivered!
EricDM - MCS BRG/Black Roof - Delivered!

Last edited by 10Zero; 10-13-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:16 AM
clockworktomato
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*high fives 10Zero*

I was looking for the Week 36 support group just yesterday b/c I was a little jealous of the fun that the Week 34 group seemed to be having!

Ordered 7/24. Owners' Lounge still shows me as on order, but I'll try calling in a bit later today to see if the 800 number has further details.

My specs are:

2010 JCW HT
Chili Red Body, Black Roof, Black Bonnet Stripes
Chrome Mirror Caps and Bonnet Scoop
Grey/Carbon Black Leatherette Seats
17" Challenge Spoke Wheels
Anthracite Headliner
Convenience Package
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package

Last edited by clockworktomato; 09-04-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by clockworktomato
...I'll try calling in a bit later today to see if the 800 number has further details.
Just don't forget that the '800 number' is really 866-.

* escapes back to the Week 34 thread *

Old 08-26-2009, 11:34 AM
clockworktomato
2nd Gear
Yes, thank you!!! It's probably a good time for me to program the number on speed dial, too! :D

Old 08-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Yossarian
2nd Gear
*high fives 10Zero*
Premium Package (now with H/K stereo upgrade)
Is that confirmed? My MA said HK stereos were not available until December builds.

Old 08-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Yossarian
2nd Gear
Just got my info, ordered on 8/14:

2010 MCS Hardtop
dark silver body
black roof/mirrors
black bonnet stripes
checkered carbon black/black cloth sport seats
premium package (w/o HK stereo)
sport package
17" crown spokes
rear fog lamps
anthracite headliner
interior surface brushed alloy
bluetooth/IPOD adapter

Production started 8/24, 7:14am. Scheduled for completion 9/2. MA told me that it may end up being held at the port pending "official release" of the 2010 models. No price info yet :(

Last edited by Yossarian; 08-27-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:11 PM
clockworktomato
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Yossarian
Is that confirmed? My MA said HK stereos were not available until December builds.
Good question. My MA told me that the H/K stereo upgrade would be on mine as part of the premium package to fill in the "space" that was left by the multi-function steering wheel becoming standard. From the way he talked the H/K would be available on all of the '10 models with the premium package. But, in all honesty, at this point I still don't have confirmed pricing on my build, the configurator isn't up, etc., so I can't say I'd bet money on which stereo package I'll be getting.

Since I do know that the H/K stereo upgrade is a big selling point for a lot of people, I must admit I would be surprised and disappointed to find early '10 models without it.

This discussion seems to confirm that there are supply issues with the upgraded system, so I'll have to check in with my MA and see. Since I ordered prior to that bulletin coming out, that would explain why he wasn't aware of the supply issue. *sigh* Hrm. :(

Last edited by clockworktomato; 08-26-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:17 PM
10Zero
5th Gear
That's what I was told too. The bulletin came out a few days after I ordered mine and was told on Aug 8th I could either put my order on hold til December to have the H/K...or take the 2010 with a standard radio. Not wanting to lose out on the $1500 tax credit for a new purchase, I chose to take the regular stereo and get my 2010 now. I can do a lot of things to the standard radio for the $1500 tax credt PLUS the cost of the H/K.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:36 PM
BMW13
2nd Gear
Got my Vin number today and scheduled for next week'
MCCS
Pure Silver/black roof
Premium
Convenience
Sport
Cold Weather
Tuscan Leather
Oak Wood
Chrome Trim Interior
6 Speed Manual
Bonnet Stripes
Plus more
My first Mini after 13 straight BMW's. Actually my wife's car but I plan on driving it a lot. I have a 335i convertible and have had M3's, Z4's, Z3's and she's moving out of an X3. We were interested in better milage and more fun and after driving it was as much fun as any bimmer I've owned except maybe my M3's. Anyway, hope to have it by late Sept since were buying from Mini of Charleston, SC. Looks like were getting it a month before our lease is out but I'm sure not complaining.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:05 PM
10Zero
5th Gear
Well welcome aboard Yossarian and BMW13 !!!

Looks like 3 of us so far, hopefully Clock gets in on the week.

Pat

Last edited by 10Zero; 08-26-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:07 PM
10Zero
5th Gear
Originally Posted by BMW13
Anyway, hope to have it by late Sept since were buying from Mini of Charleston, SC. Looks like were getting it a month before our lease is out but I'm sure not complaining.

I gotta wait on the slow boat through the canal to the west coast. I'm probably looking at mid Oct...

Old 08-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Yossarian
2nd Gear
dumb question 10Zero, what's a MCSa? ( I mean the 'a')

Old 08-27-2009, 12:49 AM
10Zero
5th Gear
dumb question 10Zero, what's a MCSa? ( I mean the 'a')
Automatic...

Old 08-27-2009, 08:40 AM
clockworktomato
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 10Zero
Not wanting to lose out on the $1500 tax credit for a new purchase, I chose to take the regular stereo and get my 2010 now. I can do a lot of things to the standard radio for the $1500 tax credt PLUS the cost of the H/K.
That's part of my reasoning as well. If I end up not getting the H/K system there's always Crutchfield! Nashville sales tax is brutal (9.25%), so the tax savings will be nice. That said, I think it's a tax deduction, isn't it? Not a credit? Wish it were a credit, as that's worth a lot more in the grand scheme of things.

Called in today to check my status and it looks like mine's still showing on order. It is definitely scheduled for W36 production but may end up in W37 production. The rep at ASK-MINI said it looked like they were still trying to decide for certain on the production slot, but that I could call as often as I like to check in and that they'll have more info next week. Sounds like there may be a few details still being ironed out on the scheduling, so I'm not sure if that's due to mine being a Works model or just figuring out the last general details of the '10 models.

Last edited by clockworktomato; 08-27-2009 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:41 AM
10Zero
5th Gear
I think it's a tax deduction, isn't it? Not a credit? Wish it were a credit, as that's worth a lot more in the grand scheme of things.

Called in today to check my status and it looks like mine's still showing on order. It is definitely scheduled for W36 production but may end up in W37 production.
Credit, deduction, not sure of the actual term for it. I do know it's nothing the dealer deals with, it's a $1500 dollar tax return when you file income taxes with the IRS.

Funny too about your build status...The automated line tells me it's in production, with an estimated completion date of Sept 1st. That was two nights ago...last night the estimated completion date changed to Sept 2nd. So I have a hunch my "in production" means parts are being collected and not necessarily building...just a hunch.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:00 PM
Third Wave
2nd Gear
I made it!
Owner's lounge says my Mini is still on order, but my MA states it started production on 8/26/09 at 9:08:49 am.

I wonder when the website will catch up?

My advisor says the code for the HK radio has not been banned and is "still" scheduled to be put in. No information has been sent to say the car will be built with anything other than what was ordered. Hopefully that's a good sign. He's calling the "Rep" for clarification.

Still no pricing on my MCSC (convertible not clubman - I'm too lazy to figure out the correct abreviation.) Is it typical for the pricing to not be available even after they've started building them?

I believe the tax credit is actually a combination of the state sales tax and a portion of the interest you pay. I've looked long and hard for the specifics and there's a lot of generalities out there. Not much specific to each individuals situation. (income, tax bracket, etc.)

I'm getting fired up....Can't wait.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:18 PM
clockworktomato
2nd Gear
That's awesome news, Third Wave -- both the production status and the hope for the H/K systems.

On the tax info, what I've been able to find is this:

Initially Congress proposed a plan that would give new car purchasers a tax credit of the sales tax on a new car purchase, plus a deduction for auto loan interest on that car. That legislation did not pass. What did make it into the stimulus package was a deduction for sales tax on a new car purchase, but nothing relative to the interest paid. A deduction works differently than a credit, in that a credit is dollar per dollar a portion of your paid in tax money being returned to you. A deduction comes off of your adjusted gross income, i.e., the amount upon which your tax burden is calculated. So a deduction is typically going to be far less actual dollars returned than a credit. (It depends on tax bracket, sales tax percentage, and purchase price).

What's interesting about this, though, is that for the past few years the IRS has already provided a state sales tax deduction if you itemize your deductions. You calculate this with a free calculator on the IRS site that calculates a portion of your income, then you can add in special expenditures such as cars and boats. The only difference between what I've been able to find as part of the stimulus package and this "old" sales tax deduction is that you can't claim the "old" sales tax deduction in conjunction with a deduction of state income tax. You *can* claim the new, stimulus package auto tax deduction in conjunction with state income tax.

Personally, since I live in a state where we have no income tax (but ridiculously high sales tax to make up for it), it appears that the current stimulus package plan is actually no different than if I had bought a car last year (or next year) and just claimed the sales tax deduction.

With all of *that* said, though, I'm going off of the "incontrovertible truth" of the Internet, so I hope I'm wrong and that I've overlooked something.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Third Wave
2nd Gear
Clockworktomato,
That's exactly what I was thinking...Here in TX we were already getting to write off the large item Sales Tax...i.e. on a car...Maybe this is going to include writing off a percentage of the interest as well.
My luck it's based on the interest paid in 09. Won't be much with a car delivered in Oct. Oh Well, all I can do is dream. A Mini and Tax Credits. At least 50% of this dream will come true.

Johnny

Old 08-27-2009, 07:34 PM
10Zero
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Third Wave
I made it!
Owner's lounge says my Mini is still on order, but my MA states it started production on 8/26/09 at 9:08:49 am.

I wonder when the website will catch up?

My advisor says the code for the HK radio has not been banned and is "still" scheduled to be put in. No information has been sent to say the car will be built with anything other than what was ordered. Hopefully that's a good sign. He's calling the "Rep" for clarification...
Sweet, another 36r'. I can only hope I see my H/K too, but I'm losing hope. I ordered it, it's on my build sheet...but seems a lost cause. Especially when it doesn't appear on the build order through OL.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Third Wave
2nd Gear
Website updated tonight. Now I'm moving through the "birth canal" as it says. I even got my VIN.
Order Detail doesn't show any Factory Options though.
Hmmmm?

Old 08-27-2009, 09:59 PM
pennysfbay
2nd Gear
Wah, when does my MINI get built!? I've had my order in for what feels like forever, and the owner's lounge still just says on order with no scheduled date. When I call ASK MINI, it says the same. I finally decided to talk to a customer service person yesterday, and they said my production date was scheduled on Monday (8/24), but no date was showing up in the computer. I know I will have a long wait after it's built to ship it to California and process it through the VDC, so hurry up and build it already!!

Old 08-27-2009, 10:59 PM
10Zero
5th Gear
Originally Posted by pennysfbay
Wah, when does my MINI get built!? I've had my order in for what feels like forever, and the owner's lounge still just says on order with no scheduled date. When I call ASK MINI, it says the same. I finally decided to talk to a customer service person yesterday, and they said my production date was scheduled on Monday (8/24), but no date was showing up in the computer. I know I will have a long wait after it's built to ship it to California and process it through the VDC, so hurry up and build it already!!
Penny, Hope you get into Week 36, I know you've been waiting to Mini a 2010 just as long as I have (all your prior posts). Get you into Week 36, the cars can keep each other company on the boat trip since I gotta sail into Port Hueneme .

Pat

Old 08-27-2009, 11:15 PM
jcM1N1
1st Gear
My was the last cabrio of the 09 that came out of the factory. Its coming to California tomorrow on Porgy. There must be some retooling for the 10 models.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:09 AM
10Zero
5th Gear
Originally Posted by jcM1N1
My was the last cabrio of the 09 that came out of the factory. Its coming to California tomorrow on Porgy. There must be some retooling for the 10 models.
Most excellent! Congrats! Coming to Cali tomorrow, you mean leaving Southampton? By the look of some other threads, it seems there's only a few days between 09 and 10.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:14 AM
Y2K Falcon
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by jcM1N1
How do you know this? I'm still in the Paint Shop with a Clubman S. Got there yesterday afternoon best I can tell...

Quick Reply: Week 36 (8/31-9/6/2009) Support Group