1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Week 36 (8/31-9/6/2009) Support Group

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 06:49 PM
Third Wave
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The dealer had to have available allocations of 09's to order them in the last weeks of July. That's what wasn't explained to me. It's possible I could have ordered from another dealer that had allocations and gotten an 09 rather than ordering my 2010.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:05 PM
pennysfbay
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by k3v1n
I can officially join this thread!! My MA called me earlier and my MINI went into production! He said it should be ready for delivery end of October. Just in time for my birthday on 10/24! Yippe!!!
Wow, it's in production and you won't take delivery until the end of October? Yikes, mine doesn't have a production date yet (scheduled, but without a date...however THAT works)....so maybe I won't get mine for a really long time. Bummer!! Where do you live? Mine has to ship all the way over to California so it will take a long time. *pout*

Old 08-31-2009, 07:31 PM
k3v1n
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pennysfbay
Wow, it's in production and you won't take delivery until the end of October? Yikes, mine doesn't have a production date yet (scheduled, but without a date...however THAT works)....so maybe I won't get mine for a really long time. Bummer!! Where do you live? Mine has to ship all the way over to California so it will take a long time. *pout*
I'm in Socal... I'm not too worried about how long it takes though. My BMW lease ends November 4th, so this works out perfectly for me.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:44 PM
10Zero
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by k3v1n
I can officially join this thread!! My MA called me earlier and my MINI went into production! He said it should be ready for delivery end of October. Just in time for my birthday on 10/24! Yippe!!!
Right on buddy! Another Week 36r'

Old 08-31-2009, 07:52 PM
10Zero
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Third Wave
I'm out. I'm cancelling the order. I've decided I've waited since 2004 to be in a position to buy this car, I'm not settling for anything but exactly what I want. At first I thought it was silly to squabble over a radio, but dang it, I've worked hard for this car.
So, I'm calling the dealer tomorrow to cancel my order...say good by to having my MINI in 2009. I'll reorder for a Dec build with the HK.
I just don't understand the logic. Let's stop producing 09's...oooops we don't have the stuff to make a 2010. No worries.
Sorry to hear it Johnny, but I understand the frustration. I ordered the H/K too on 7/31, only to be told 10 days later I can still have the H/K if I wait til Dec, or take my order now with a standard stereo.

I chose to take delivery with a standard stereo, and do a speaker replacement and a USS8 subwoofer for a fraction of the cost. This way, I don't have the extra $750 expense for the H/K, and I'll collect my sales tax credit/deduction of $1500 for taking delivery before Dec 31st. I truly can make a standard stereo sound kickass for that kind of money.

But my order was never held up either... I ordered the H/K, the order accepted the H/K...it just hasn't ever shown up as an option in the OL. They went ahead and scheduled the build and proceeded on...does it actually get an H/K? Do I care at this point?

The primary reason I chose to wait for a 2010 was two-fold. Saving up some down payment money after paying off another car, and wanted the "fixed" timing chain issue that was causing some people the cold start rattle issue for a couple of years. The announcement of H/K was just an added bonus, but looks like I don't get to cash in on that bonus anyway.

Last edited by 10Zero; 08-31-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:01 PM
10Zero
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Yossarian
mine is now in the body shop
We're probably within spitting distance of each other, hehehe...

Old 08-31-2009, 08:20 PM
pennysfbay
2nd Gear
I'm not sure I'm going to be a Week 36er. Called again and still don't have a production date scheduled. Wouldn't it be in the system by now if they were planning to start my build this week?

Old 08-31-2009, 08:24 PM
10Zero
5th Gear
Originally Posted by pennysfbay
I'm not sure I'm going to be a Week 36er. Called again and still don't have a production date scheduled. Wouldn't it be in the system by now if they were planning to start my build this week?
I would think so, what the hell!?! You're supposed to be here, it's your destiny.... I still think you're in here, the OL is just slow to update. I'll cross my fingers for you.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:31 PM
clockworktomato
2nd Gear
The impression that I'm getting is that there's still a lot of uncertainty about these first production weeks. When I called last week about mine, despite having ordered it really early on, I was told, verbatim, that it would be "Week 36, or maybe 37, they apparently haven't decided yet." Maybe the H/K situation is some part of the confusion, though I still haven't received any sort of update from my MA on that or if that might be what's holding up my production date.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:58 AM
clockworktomato
2nd Gear
Called in about mine again this morning and mine is "scheduled for a daily production package, which means they are currently collecting all of the parts to assemble the car."

MINI-USA couldn't see the order options, so I'll have to get in touch with my MA to inquire whether I need to take any specific action regarding the H/K stereo option. I'm honestly not sure if my order has the specific codes in it for the H/K stereo. I presumed that it did, as I chose the three packages (and my MA told me that the stereo upgrade was a standard part of the premium package), but I hadn't actually chosen the stereo upgrade in my initial build. So I'll see if I can get in touch with my MA about it today and get more info.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:24 AM
pennysfbay
2nd Gear
clockworktomato, that's my status as well. "Scheduled for daily production pack" was what they told me on the phone when I called ASK-MINI and spoke to the rep. It.s had that status since last Monday, August 24, around 9:30 PM. So I'm still crossing my fingers that my production starts soon!

I wonder if this stereo issue is slowing things up for me too. I originally asked my MA to order me the Premium Package and the upgraded hi-fi. After she told me that the HK stereo wouldn't be available til much later this year, I told her to take that off.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Third Wave
2nd Gear
If you ordered the HK stereo, your MA must manually contact the factory to remove the HK option and allow the vehicle to proceed in the production process.

That's what I was told.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:57 AM
10Zero
5th Gear
If you ordered the HK stereo, your MA must manually contact the factory to remove the HK option and allow the vehicle to proceed in the production process.

That's what I was told.
Well I am confused then to say the least. Last time I sat with my MA about this, we were trying to determine if we should pull the H/K option, or just let it ride since I ordered ala carte and not by package. We chose to just leave it alone and let it proceed on, since nothing was kicking back and the car was scheduled for Week 36...this was about 2 weeks ago.

My car is currently in the paint shop, with an estimated completion date of Sept 2 (tomorrow)....no hold ups...nada...

So I might have to contact my MA to see if he made a change without my knowledge. I doubt it, but he did know I'd pull it if I needed to, I'm confident he would've let me know.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:47 AM
BMW13
2nd Gear
My Mini is in assembly today, went to body shop 8/28 and paint shop on 8/29. The ASKMINI people din't know anything about the HK stereo so I think we are SOL. Had a HK stereo in my last M3 and it was nice but not nice enough to wait until December for. Guess I'll invest in some better speakers. I would like to know if we get a credit/discount.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:04 PM
k3v1n
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just called customer relations and mine went in the body shop on 8/29!! Next step will be the paint shop!

Old 09-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Third Wave
2nd Gear
I'm just passing on what was told to me by my MA's manager about the hold.

Good luck to you guys and I hope your new MINI builds go smoothly.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:21 PM
clockworktomato
2nd Gear
I've sent a couple of messages to my MA over the last few days about the H/K situation but haven't yet heard back. I don't want to pester too much, as he may be waiting for the information himself or away from the dealership this week, but at the same time I don't want my production to be halted over the H/K option, and the awesome people at ASK-MINI can't see that detail from what they're looking at.

On the one hand I'm trying to be patient and just go with the flow, as any delay just gives me more time to save even more for the down payment. But on the other I'm driving a 9-year-old Kia with no A/C in in southern late summer. I want my baby!

Old 09-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Third Wave
2nd Gear
My only blessing is that this will not be replacing a car. So I can still drive the Suburban or the 4x4 Truck and not be in a pinch to trade in anything.

To me the whole issue has been handled poorly. Maybe some fault at the dealer level for not catching/notifying those of us/(ME) that ordered a 2010 before the memo went out, that the HK wasn't available...and MINI for not finding a way to deal with this prior to the release of the 2010 models. Especially since the base radio leaves so much to be desired with the top down.
I'm over it now...I've said enough.
I'm just gonna suck it up and WAIT, impatiently, but I'm gonna wait nevertheless. Maybe I'll add some more options for the next MINI I order. This was just a trial run. I'll be an old hat come Week 50.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:44 PM
clockworktomato
2nd Gear
To me the whole issue has been handled poorly. Maybe some fault at the dealer level for not catching/notifying those of us/(ME) that ordered a 2010 before the memo went out, that the HK wasn't available...and MINI for not finding a way to deal with this prior to the release of the 2010 models.
Given the bit of information that I'm getting -- which is all from you guys on this forum (thank you all so much for it, too), I agree that this has been handled poorly. I'm becoming a bit frustrated at the lack of communication from my MA, and I'm hoping that it's just that he's not getting any more information from MINI than we are. For example, from what my MA told me, I should have had pricing info a couple of weeks ago. But since none of us have seen any of that info, I'm definitely giving the benefit of a doubt that he just doesn't have those details yet. But come on, MINI. We have cars being built, but still no details on how much those cars are going to cost?

But with some of you getting confirmed details on the H/K situation from your MAs, it seems that there is at least *some* information out there on that. So I feel like, if it weren't for this forum, I'd be completely left out of the loop. Not a good feeling to have with a ~$35k custom car order in the works.

I obviously don't know the intricacies of the H/K supply/demand situation, but I am having a hard time believing that there were so many '10 models pre-ordered with the H/K option before August 5 (when the memo was sent out) that those orders couldn't be fulfilled with the upgraded stereo option. Sure, maybe it takes an extra week, but if you've already announced that this option is going to be available -- and to your dealers, too -- then how can you not have the appropriate distribution channels to get, at the very least, enough stereos for your earliest pre-orders. Especially, as you said, Thirdwave, given the crappy reputation the old stereo options have.

I don't want to call it bait and switch, because it isn't, but it is entirely frustrating, to me, that I went to a manufacturer known for the high percentage of people who custom order the cars and, yet, did not have the option to order the '09 model I wanted, but they're apparently still not prepared to construct the '10 model that I was offered, either. I didn't order anything THAT unusual.

It's truly a good thing that I'm so dead set on a MINI, else I'd have started looking for another option, as I was prepared and ready to buy a new car in July, but will already be waiting until at least October. I don't want to miss all of the open-sunroof motoring weather!

I've been waiting for two, almost three, years to make this order, so a little more waiting isn't that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. But after waiting for so long, I am really ready for this car.

Last edited by clockworktomato; 09-01-2009 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Third Wave
2nd Gear
Don't even get me started on pricing.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:42 PM
pennysfbay
2nd Gear
clockworktomato, I am so right there with you! I have been wanting a MINI for a long time, at least a couple of years now. I'm finally in a position to get the car I want, and I could have ordered an '09 but was holding out for the 2010. The 2009 is essentially the same as the 2010, and I was going to get an upgraded hi-fi with the '09.

I gave my MA my build sheet (granted, it's the '09 specs) with my deposit around 4th of July. Around the beginning of August when the orders for the 2010s could actually be placed, she told me that the hi-fi wouldn't be available until December. From what I understand about the (projected) 2010 pricing, there were/are to be two different premium package options. One basic premium package includes the sunroof and AC (with the MFSW being standard now on all 2010s) and another cost for the upgraded premium package that also includes the HK stereo.

*sigh* Can't they just put in whatever they put in for the upgraded hi-fi for the 09's? It's better than stock, right?

Old 09-02-2009, 01:43 AM
potjoza
Neutral
Hi guys, this is Potjoza saying howzet. I' from South Africa, Soweto and I'm driving a 2005 Mini cooper s. It has been great but one thing I have a problem with is the fact that my CD player keeps cutting off as it plays and I don't know what the problem. Is there anyone who can help me out with this on. By the way I am a new member and I hope to know all of you better.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:30 AM
pennysfbay
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by potjoza
Hi guys, this is Potjoza saying howzet. I' from South Africa, Soweto and I'm driving a 2005 Mini cooper s. It has been great but one thing I have a problem with is the fact that my CD player keeps cutting off as it plays and I don't know what the problem. Is there anyone who can help me out with this on. By the way I am a new member and I hope to know all of you better.
Welcome to the forums! I'm glad to hear that you love your MINI! If you're having trouble with the stereo CD player, maybe try posting a note (or reading a bunch of the threads) in the Audio forum. You'll probably get a better response there.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Yossarian
2nd Gear
mine's in assembly now, yay

Old 09-02-2009, 02:30 PM
clockworktomato
2nd Gear
I pulled out my build paperwork this morning and confirmed that the H/K code is, in fact, on my order, so I'm going to guess that's why mine is still waiting for a production date.

Can we now call this one the Week 36 and 37 group? Penny and I may have to branch out all alone, otherwise. :P (Heck, at this point "Week 37" may even be optimistic on my part.)

Last edited by clockworktomato; 09-10-2009 at 11:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Week 36 (8/31-9/6/2009) Support Group