1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard Tagus - Departing Southampton 12 April 08

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 10:32 AM
BTrimble
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All Aboard Tagus - Departing Southampton 12 April 08

Anyone else out there sailing on Tagus today? My baby was waitlisted (ugh!!), and then our power went out so I couldn't check on the status for waaay too long. Not knowing is terrible!! Finally finally finally the power is back, I just checked, and I'm on! YAY!

Party by the pool this evening!

-btrimble

Old 04-12-2008, 12:32 PM
dogcowdaddy
1st Gear
Looks like mine made it on also!

Jim

Old 04-12-2008, 03:30 PM
dfreire80
2nd Gear
My MCS is also on board!!!

Old 04-12-2008, 04:41 PM
NashvilleMiniStan
5th Gear
Way to go guys I know you can't wait.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:06 AM
BTrimble
1st Gear
Looks like we're a small, but proud, bunch! Glad we all made it. There were *lots* of cars on the waitlist that did not make it.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:31 PM
dfreire80
2nd Gear
Mini owner's lounge is still showing mine is awaiting transport but the WW web site is ahowing that it was loaded onboard the Tagus.

Can't wait

Old 04-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Scoopmama
6th Gear
Welcome aboard the Tagus from the 9/07 Tagus sailing! A core of us are still in almost daily contact, after bonding last summer. May your babies arrive safely and happily! Ours were sneaky little party animals that refused all attempts to keep track of them. But the did arrive, as will yours!

Cheers!

Old 04-14-2008, 09:57 AM
BTrimble
1st Gear
Thanks, Scoopmama, for the good wishes! The Tagus' captain seems to be consistently terrible about sending updates!
Meanwhile, looks like our MINIs will make a stop in Canada before getting to NYC. Perhaps they'll pop off briefly and hit a duty-frees hop to bring us some Canadian whiskey and maple syrup?
Just heard from my MA today, who reports she expects my car to be at Crown MINI in Richmond, VA by the 1st of May! YAY!!!

Old 04-14-2008, 05:58 PM
MikeWz
2nd Gear
Hey guys, my first post here on NAM. My MCS is on Tagus with all yours! I don't think I've ever been so excited for anything in my life!!! Haven't spoken to my MA yet, but if your's expects your mini to hit a dealer in VA by the 1st of May...then I'd imagine mine should be here on LI and ready to go shortly before then. We're getting closer and closer! The wait is killing me....and my current car is definitely on its way out, not sure it's gonna make it 'till then. Got 190K miles on it

Old 04-15-2008, 08:05 AM
BTrimble
1st Gear
Hi MikeWz,
Welcome! I'm a newbie to NAM, too, but this seems like a great group with incredible knowledge. I hope your current car makes it until your MINI arrives. Yikes! I actually trade in my Honda Accord today (odd situation), so I'm going to take a little time to sit in whatever's in the showroom and dream...ahh.
-Btrimble

Old 04-15-2008, 09:21 AM
MikeWz
2nd Gear
Sure does seem like a place with a lot knowledge. I really like how the Alta guys are on here all the time too, because I do plan on doing some basics mods with the Alta parts.
One thing that I've been reading lately, that sadly I found out about after the purchase of my car, is the cold start issue that seems to effect quite a fair amount of R56S owners...and the Peugeot's that are using the same prince motor . Hopefully that can figure out the problem and get it resolved

Old 04-15-2008, 06:59 PM
BTrimble
1st Gear
Yeah, the cold start thing is a little (or a lot, maybe?) worrisome. Normally we're done with cold weather in Richmond by now, but the next couple of nights are going to be in the 30s! Yikes! My hope is that by the time our cars are ready, cold nights should not be a big problem, and perhaps by the time late fall rolls around there will be a solution!

Old 04-15-2008, 09:45 PM
dfreire80
2nd Gear
Mind you, that even with this problem, this engine won international engine of the year in the 1.4 to 1.8 liter category in 2007.

http://www.ukipme.com/engineoftheyear

I do agree with both MikeWz and BTrimble and hope that a solution shows up soon.

I'm suprised though that BMW and the PSA Group didn't fix the problem in the inital production stages in 2005 especially since the engine was first equipped on the Peugeot 207 RC only in 2006. Oh well!

Old 04-15-2008, 10:27 PM
MikeWz
2nd Gear
BMW is pretty well known for ignoring issues for as long as they can. Sadly, the Peugeot is also having problems with it (making sense as it's the same prince motor that's in our Minis). It appears to be only 3-4% of the cars having this problem but that's judging by the people that post in these (among other) mini specific forums. That's also taking into account the people that aren't as car savvy and might not necessarily think twice about it unless it's one of the bad cases.
I'm still not sorry I bought the car, don't get me wrong. It's just that I put about 500miles a week on my car with my job, and I'd rather not pass up my warranty that quickly just to find out that my motor's going to have some issues shortly after.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:21 AM
BTrimble
1st Gear
BMW does indeed wait as long as they can! My '94 325IS had computer issues, and one day decided to not let me unlock the doors, not let me open the windows or the sunroof, and not let me start the car. I had no cell phone. I had made an unscheduled stop after work, and no one knew where I was. My own car had me held hostage!! I was starting to contemplate breaking a window when I finally was able to put the driver's side window down and unlock the car from the outside. I took care of my errand, and when I was done the little devil started properly and acted as if all was well. I took it to the dealer, and they had to gall to tell me, who had been trapped in my car for a half-hour, that nothing was wrong!!! Ack!!!! It happened again soon after, and we took it back. After a couple of days, it actually did the same thing again in the shop and they replaced the computer.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:36 PM
MikeWz
2nd Gear
Well, My dealer called me an notified me that my car should be available for pickup next weekend, early that week the latest. I'm super pumped. Just gotta click purchase on that insurance now

Old 04-17-2008, 07:15 AM
SPD BMP
1st Gear
I recently found this web site and forum. My chili red Mini from Mini of Peabody, Ma is also onboard the Tagus. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:44 AM
BTrimble
1st Gear
Welcome Spd Bmp! Chili Red is an awesome color.

And MikeWz...next weekend, possibly? That's awesome!!! I'm hoping there are plenty of cars headed south so my car gets on a vehicle carrier quickly.

-btrimble

Old 04-17-2008, 04:22 PM
MikeWz
2nd Gear
Yeah I live on Long Island, so nice and close to where our rides are being dropped off. What color's did you guys all get?

Mine's Laser Blue with Black Roof, Mirrors and Sports stripes

Old 04-17-2008, 05:13 PM
dfreire80
2nd Gear
MCS DS/B, Premium, Sport(black stripes & crown spoke wheels all-season), cold weather, LSD, Xenon, Piano dash, chrome interior, anthracite, alarm.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:02 AM
BTrimble
1st Gear
MCS BRG/B, Bridge Spokes w/all-season, Tuscan Beige Seats, English Oak dash, Cream Line, Chrome Line Interior, Convenience, Cold Weather, Premium, DSC, Xenons, and Sirius. Kinda wishing I'd gotten the anthracite.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:51 AM
dfreire80
2nd Gear
BTrimble,

I like your options. I was thinking of getting the BRG but after seeing it at the Philly car show along with the DS I opted for my color.

Even though I really like the BRG I think that I would eventually grow tired of it.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:00 AM
MikeWz
2nd Gear
What's this "anthracite" that everyone's talking about? I kinda skimped on options and just took pure driving options. The MCS was more money than I realized, so I just got the LSD, 17" Crown-spokes w/all-seasons, and Mini HI-Fi...but I also opted for the cloth seats so I figured the cold weather package wouldn't be totally useful for me. Kinda regretting not just getting that Sport package so I can get the better suspension...already dropped the $750 for the rims so might as well have. Oh well, that just gives me an excuse to go with aftermarket coil-overs

Old 04-18-2008, 11:06 AM
BTrimble
1st Gear
dfreire80: Thanks! Your options sound just awesome, too. Funny you were thinking BRG, and went for DS. I was just the opposite! I had a Boston Green 325IS for 10 years (similar color to the current MINI BRG), and really liked it. I've most recently had a light silver Accord EX for 4 years, and am ready for color again.

MikeWz: Anthracite is the darker headliner than the standard gray.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:45 PM
MikeWz
2nd Gear
Looks like our boat got caught up on the voyage. It's now scheduled to be in Halifax on the 20th, and not down to NYC 'till the 22nd now
I know it's just a day, but the wait is already killing me!

Quick Reply: All Aboard Tagus - Departing Southampton 12 April 08