1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Aboard the BOHEME!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 03:20 PM
irieman
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Glee
Chur - Nigel is charming!! wooo!

I got the call today ~ She's at the dealer and should be ready Wednesday! Now to check the work schedule & figure out how many days of vacation I need to get to know her best...

WooT!

Old 09-23-2007, 07:16 PM
holls
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all!!

Well, we flew to SLC on Thursday, picked up the baby on Friday morning, toodled around SLC area with friends on Friday and headed home on Saturday morning. We arrived home today - after a NICE, LONG break-in!

This is the route that we took home - it was a fabulous drive. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...=UTF8&z=7&om=1

If you zoom in, once on that map page, you'll see what a great twisty route it is. He LOVES the twisties! Highway 12 from Missoula to Lewiston was a blast today. Topper's got *almost* 1000 miles on him now. In 2 days. heh. We should complete the proper break-in very soon.

Here are a couple pics. It was raining most all of the day today so he's not quite clean, but the clean pics will have to come later.

Attached Thumbnails All Aboard the BOHEME!!-2007-new-car-trip-021-large-.jpg   All Aboard the BOHEME!!-2007-new-car-trip-023-large-.jpg   All Aboard the BOHEME!!-2007-new-car-trip-032-large-.jpg  
Old 09-23-2007, 10:13 PM
girlcavity
1st Gear
Wow what an incredible way to break in your Mini! Sounds like a great drive

I've only got 200+ miles down. This is actually my first stick shift car so while it has been really fun so far, I can't wait til I get this stick shift thing down already and let my Mini show me what he's got.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Malist
6th Gear
Heart Rate

When we picked up our (BR Green) MINI we walked past one the same Blue as yours and I remember thinking "What a Great color!" I does look good.
I checked your map detail and the twisties look a bit like the trace on an excited Heart Rate monitor. Coincidence?
m

Originally Posted by holls
Hi all!!

Well, we flew to SLC on Thursday, picked up the baby on Friday morning, toodled around SLC area with friends on Friday and headed home on Saturday morning. We arrived home today - after a NICE, LONG break-in!

This is the route that we took home - it was a fabulous drive. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...=UTF8&z=7&om=1

If you zoom in, once on that map page, you'll see what a great twisty route it is. He LOVES the twisties! Highway 12 from Missoula to Lewiston was a blast today. Topper's got *almost* 1000 miles on him now. In 2 days. heh. We should complete the proper break-in very soon.

Here are a couple pics. It was raining most all of the day today so he's not quite clean, but the clean pics will have to come later.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Zorg
2nd Gear
I finally drove the Mini. Damn, that car is way too much fun, even without revving above 3500rpm. I can't wait to see what it does once the break in is over. The handling and braking are awesome. Very happy with the purchase.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:17 AM
holls
2nd Gear
It's taking a little for me to get used to the stick-shift, too girl! I'm really loving this car though - so much!

Originally Posted by Malist
When we picked up our (BR Green) MINI we walked past one the same Blue as yours and I remember thinking "What a Great color!" I does look good.
I checked your map detail and the twisties look a bit like the trace on an excited Heart Rate monitor. Coincidence?
m
Pure coincidence. Hee!

Glad you're enjoying yours zorg! Mine got baptized by the birds at work this morning...which was highly irritating! I think I'll have to take him out for a nice long drive this afternoon to make up for it!

Old 09-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Malist
6th Gear
SEMA

I've had the MINI for 9 days and have only been able to drive 300 miles. We're drivng to the SEMA show in 'Vegas at the end of October and I MUST be past the break-in point by then!:impatient

Originally Posted by holls
It's taking a little for me to get used to the stick-shift, too girl! I'm really loving this car though - so much!

Pure coincidence. Hee!

Glad you're enjoying yours zorg! Mine got baptized by the birds at work this morning...which was highly irritating! I think I'll have to take him out for a nice long drive this afternoon to make up for it!

Old 09-28-2007, 01:55 PM
johne123
3rd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
tomorrow

While ours came in Monday, tomorrow is the first day we can get to the credit union before they close and then go to pick up the car. I already have my front license plate bracket but I suppose I won't need that until we have plates for the car. To answer a previous person's question, I think our wait was about the same as chur's. It took about two weeks from order date to end of production. The rest is identical as all our cars were on the same boat. -John

Old 09-30-2007, 08:34 AM
johne123
3rd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Here's ours

Picked ours up yesterday morning. She's perfect! Notice the reflection of our Corrado in the side of the Mini Cooper. BTW, if you think that shot of the garage is crowded, you should see the rest of it!

Old 09-30-2007, 09:48 AM
ncarolyn
1st Gear
Way cool!!! Now you too can have fun driving your new mini!

I always laugh when I hear people around here whine about how their monster "sport" ute won't fit in their garage. Obviously, they should have bought a mini!

Old 09-30-2007, 09:06 PM
minicounter
4th Gear
We finally got our baby girl last week! She is half way through break-in! Our son came home on leave from the Air Force for a couple of days and helped us put a few miles on her (amid constant reminders of the limits ). Altogether a great week!
I have a couple pictures here.
https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...d.php?t=115485

Old 10-01-2007, 07:47 AM
Glee
2nd Gear
She's here - but I don't have any photos yet. We picked up Phoebe last Weds afternoon, got home in time for an evening meeting, then went out for a drive under a bright full moon. Thursday night DH took her out to his dinner event, Friday was a trip out to the airport to pick up a friend, Saturday was tons of errands & a 40 mile bike ride, Sunday was the Livestrong ride, another 70 miles on the bikes. (Boy was it wet & windy!) Today she'll get to drive back out to the airport, then I'll have her all to myself for the rest of the week. I'm considering running out to the coast after work for some fish & chips! :D I love that we have over 200 miles and half a tank of gas left. YAY!!

When we went to pick her up, had the wrong floor pads, so those were changed out. We realized Saturday that they ordered/installed the wrong bike racks (we ordered fork mounted) so I'm working to get those exchanged. We have another ride this coming weekend, and won't be able to participate if we don't get the bike rack changed out in time :( Other than that, everything has been great. My favorite option so far has been the heated seats - first car to have that option, and I'll never go without again! The display [radio / computer / phone] interface is more complex than strictly necessary - still trying to figure that one out.

I got my first MINI wave on Saturday - Mellow Yellow, Female driver, very friendly and simply made my day!