1st Gear New members: make an initial post and introduce yourself as you shift from Neutral to First Gear. Current members: meet some of the new members.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Production Week 32 Support Group?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:30 PM
mataku
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no production number yet.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:25 PM
masterd78
MANIAC
Wow, it seems all of you like your options!! I thought I had a decent modded MCS coming, but your lists put mine to shame!!
Congrats demapples, sounds like a sweet ride!
Congrats Eurokoke, I was also considering the laser blue.
But I decided to get the black so I can wash and wax my car regularly!

Old 07-17-2007, 06:17 PM
juanjob
1st Gear
I think I am on week 32 production as well

I am guessing I am in week 32 from some numbers I saw at the dealer.....

Just placed my order for:
Dark Silver White Roof/Stripes
Premium
Convenience
Sport (web spoke)
Audio
Nav
LSD
Anthracite HL
White turn Markers
Rear Fog
iPod connector

I do have a production number just not sure what week that will happen. Now it is the waiting game. Dropped my SUV and going Mini. Also waiting for the JCW Stage 1......

JJ

Old 07-17-2007, 06:24 PM
Bluturtle
2nd Gear
Once you have a production number you can call Ask-MINI and get definite dates, not to mention the slllllllllllllllllllowly updating owner's lounge area of miniusa.com.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:20 PM
mataku
5th Gear
Originally Posted by masterd78
Wow, it seems all of you like your options!! I thought I had a decent modded MCS coming, but your lists put mine to shame!!
Congrats demapples, sounds like a sweet ride!
Congrats Eurokoke, I was also considering the laser blue.
But I decided to get the black so I can wash and wax my car regularly!
That's funny that you say that. I steer clear from black because I know that with all the waxing and polishing a black car will always have light swirls that will drive me crazy. I still plan to wash and wax regularly, but now it won't break my heart to see really light swirls and scratches. But I'm really neurotic about swirls, so for most people it's no big deal.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:09 AM
minikimme
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by EuroKoke Bluetooth comes with the convenience package. I am going through a guy named Nathan Barnes at the Ktown Pentagon dealership. Make sure that whoever you got your car from gets that option activated. I have heard that some folks are not getting this done and the German service center will charge….[/SIZE
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Mataku – I was told that it will be made starting the 6th of August and that it is about a three day build and 10 days transit from the UK to Germany. I am not holding my breath as I am afraid that it won’t get here until late August. [/SIZE][/FONT]
EuroKoke,
My production date is also August 6th. Our cars will be built together.
I was told a possible delivery between the 20-30th of August.
I too got mine from Pentagon sales in Ktown. I have a fantastic SA named Dennis Huntsman. He has put
up with my tons of bugging questions. Bless him.
I have a production # that was sent to me via email from Mini.
Thanx for the info on the bluetooth. I will have to call and make sure I get the phone activated.

Last edited by minikimme; 07-18-2007 at 03:28 AM.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:27 AM
minikimme
2nd Gear
Almost forgot to add a scary story....
I dropped my cellphone the other day while I was driving.
It ended up under my feet. I caught it just before it could
make it under the break peddle. Yikes!! I am so glad
I ordered the convenience pkg for bluetooth. (btw, I wasn't
actually using my phone while driving...just putting it in
my purse after charging it.) The old phone is kapput and will need
to be replace asap...maybe I can find something good for the
armrest fit.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:57 AM
EUROKOKE
2nd Gear
I have been searching for a bluetooth phone that will plug up to the armrest but have had no luck. I left a message with the dealer but havent heard back... Any phone with bluetooth will work (I think) but the arm rest compatibility may not. I have a Motorala v300 and I linked to one of the cars in the showroom and made a call. I am not too worried about it...

Does anyone know of a MINI Armrest compatible phone?

Old 07-18-2007, 08:46 AM
demapples
2nd Gear
Mataku

Here are my specs:
LB/B MCS, leatherette, anthracite liner, LSD, Xenon, MFSW, rear fog, 6 speed.

I need to decide on either piano black or English Oak trim, my MA was saying that the wood would clash with my exterior choice, but I don't see how. She recommended the piano black, my original choice, but steered away becaues of complaints about scratches. I"m really neurotic about scratches.

Any opinions? Also what delivery date is everybody getting? Please mention your area as well.
When choose the trim I don’t thick the exterior color matters as much as the interior choices. I really like the English Oak with the cream line interior and Tuscan Leather. The dark wood contrasts well against the cream dash and is complimented by the beige leather. The Oak is not as well highlighted against the darker colors of the leatherette and tends to blend in more. Therefore, I feel the piano black will look better with your interior choice. I do not know how either will actually hold up against scratches. I would imagine that the high gloss black finish will show more fingerprints and abrasions while the wood grain would hide some of these marks. I ordered the piano black myself with the redwood red leather interior.

I do not yet have a production number or delivery date.

From your signature it appears that you have an 05 MC. Will the 07 MCS be replacing this vehicle? If so was the higher HP of the MCS what prompted the switch?

Old 07-18-2007, 10:41 AM
mataku
5th Gear
Originally Posted by demapples
When choose the trim I don’t thick the exterior color matters as much as the interior choices. I really like the English Oak with the cream line interior and Tuscan Leather. The dark wood contrasts well against the cream dash and is complimented by the beige leather. The Oak is not as well highlighted against the darker colors of the leatherette and tends to blend in more. Therefore, I feel the piano black will look better with your interior choice. I do not know how either will actually hold up against scratches. I would imagine that the high gloss black finish will show more fingerprints and abrasions while the wood grain would hide some of these marks. I ordered the piano black myself with the redwood red leather interior.

I do not yet have a production number or delivery date.

From your signature it appears that you have an 05 MC. Will the 07 MCS be replacing this vehicle? If so was the higher HP of the MCS what prompted the switch?
In the end I'm going to go with the English oak. I looked at a lot of pictures and like the English oak. there are way too many complaints about scratches on the piano black and I'm sure I'll be much more **** about it than most people here. Edit: Changed my mind again after seeing a picture of the Laser blue with the piano black interior. Guess i'll just have to be really careful with it.

The reason for the switch is for a manual car. Originally when my parents got me the car for living at home while going to college, in my house it's you dorm or you get a car of similar value. I pleaded for a manual transmission, but they wouldn't let me. Four years later, I tell them that when I move out, I am going to trade the car in for the exact same car just a manual transmission, I would pay the difference myself of course. As luck turned out, my little brother is in need of a car for high school because of all his extra cirricular activities, so they are giving him my car (or rather a choice between my car and my sister's 2000 Accord, he took the Accord, my sister is taking my car) and allowed me to get a new one. They don't like buying used cars and didn't think my brother was old enough to get a new car. I think I was allowed to order another one because I'll be starting medical school in a week. Honestly, I love my MC CVT and I dont think the HP brought down the car's fun factor at all. I drive fast, but never need to accelerate so fast that I felt my MC couldn't hold up. It really is true that the MINI is just a fun car, no matter which you get.

Oh.. want to add an update to my specs:

Here are my specs:
LaB/B MCS, leatherette, anthracite liner, LSD, Xenon, MFSW, rear fog, 6 speed. Piano Black,. S-Winders with all season tires. White indicators (found out these change the front and the back, so worth it).

Last edited by mataku; 07-18-2007 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:15 AM
demapples
2nd Gear
Mataku

As luck turned out, my little brother is in need of a car for high school because of all his extra cirricular activities, so they are giving him my car (or rather a choice between my car and my sister's 2000 Accord, he took the Accord, my sister is taking my car) and allowed me to get a new one.
Your brother picked a 2000 Accord over a 2005 MC? Your sister is getting the better part of that deal!

Good luck in Med school. Remember to leave some time for motoring.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:05 AM
mataku
5th Gear
Originally Posted by demapples
Your brother picked a 2000 Accord over a 2005 MC? Your sister is getting the better part of that deal!

Good luck in Med school. Remember to leave some time for motoring.
yes he picked the Accord. The Accord has 94,000 miles vs. my 27,000. The Accord side air bags are not working, the paint is in horrible shape, the inside has coffee spills and other assorted stains; while mine is in like new condition. Granted the Accord has leather and is a V6, my brother is an Asian Ricer, his favorite car is the Skyline so he prefers the looks of Japanese cars. My sister did get a good deal, but she will have to pay my parents most of the price difference between the two cars. It's just going to be somewhat sad to see the Cooper mistreated like the Accord was. And I lost a motoring partner for MINI events. Oh well, I tried to convince him, but his riceness can not be beaten.

Old 07-21-2007, 07:25 AM
demapples
2nd Gear
The downside of waiting ....

Since we have sometime to go before our orders enter production there is still time to make changes to our configurations. After reviewing mine several hundred times I made the following changes. I ditched the factory alarm system. (The deduction from my insurance policy was minimal and did not warrant the cost of the factory alarm.) In its place I added the power folding mirrors and the anthracite headliner. I think this will be the final configuration. I know my MA is hoping that as well.

Is anyone else contemplating changes to their order?

Old 07-21-2007, 12:22 PM
mataku
5th Gear
Yup, I just made my final changes as well. Added white indicator lights as they change the front and back lights. I also changed from English Oak to Piano Black. I'll just deal with the scratches.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:09 AM
EUROKOKE
2nd Gear
POWER FOLDING/HEATED MIRRORS W/ COLD WEATHER PACKAGE

ALL,

IT is TRUE.......You can get the pwr folding/heated mirrors with th ecold weather package. Just confirmed today. It was a clearical error on the website and order form!

For those of you that were told otherwise, MINI USA and MINI Munich spoke to work out the kinks....I was able to get my order change to have it so it is not too late.....

I know I am nutz:impatient

Eurokoke-----

Old 07-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Blackpearl
2nd Gear
Woohoo, I'm a 32..too! my 2nd Mini... my first was a MC blue/white/white stripes/white rims..a very happy Mini .. this one is MCS black body, black roof, black Team Dynamic Rims, black JCW aerokit, black wet okole seat covers w/jolly roger.. Yohoho!.. also, anyone interested, I am selling my wheels and runflats after I drive about 40 miles to pick up and the Team Dynamic wheels and go to American tire to put my Kumho's on the day I pick up.

Last edited by Blackpearl; 07-23-2007 at 09:51 PM. Reason: changed wording
Old 07-23-2007, 09:52 PM
masterd78
MANIAC
Sweet we have some more week 32er's!! I like the black on black, blackpearl. I went with the black with white roof and stripes, so that I can do some 18" white rims, I think it will look SWEET!

But black with black with black is sweet too. Are you going to do Lamin-X taillights? I am, and because of your theme I believe you should too!!

Old 07-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Blackpearl
2nd Gear
Sweet!!! Thanks MasterD, I hadn't heard of those but I'll definitely get them now. Your Mini will be really nice, especially with the stripes. I think I'll be the last person to get week 32 since I'm all the way over on the left coast so my car has to go through the Panama Canal and then once it docks, they do the aerokit then.. so that'll probably ad a few more days.. Does your go on a truck across country or does it come up through Texas?

Old 07-23-2007, 10:53 PM
masterd78
MANIAC
I have no idea. Would like to know, but I am pretty sure it comes cross country on truck.

Old 07-24-2007, 03:18 PM
mataku
5th Gear
woOt.. got a production number. I can't get into the owner's lounge with the number; says not found, but I called ASK MINI and it told me that my vehicle is scheduled for production with no production date.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:54 PM
masterd78
MANIAC
Any new week 32ers?

Old 07-27-2007, 03:25 PM
mystfynyou
3rd Gear
I don't have a date yet but I will hang here if you don't mind until I get my date. I ordered on 7/24 so I am thinking week 32-34 according to everyone else's dates. I am waiting on:

S
Laser blue
White roof
White mirrors
White bonnet stripes
Premium Package

I know it's kinda basic but I like it! I was thinking of asking to change to white rims versus the regular alloy when they call with production number. Will that be too late? What do you think of the white rims I have been torn.

Old 07-27-2007, 05:55 PM
mataku
5th Gear
White rims would look good with the white roof. I think you have until they actually start producing to make changes, so it shouldn't be too late; depends on when your MA gives you your production number. If you already know though, I would do it asap.

mike

Old 07-27-2007, 11:36 PM
masterd78
MANIAC
I am planning on doing some aftermarket white rims on my astro black with white roof and stripes. I thought about the factory white rims, but my MA said that because of the salt in the winter the rims start to yellow. So I stuck with the silver and I'll use those in the winter and my white aftermarkets in the summer!

Old 07-28-2007, 07:15 AM
mystfynyou
3rd Gear
oooo thats a really good point about the salt. I had been leaning towards the silver all night and now I am I def. going to stay with it. As nice as I think the white would like I don't think I'm prepared to do all the work that would keep them looking nice!

Is anyone else driving their family insane yet? My bf told me I need to calm down that I am thinking about it way tooo much. Then I told him he couldn't talk about his Rx-7 for the next 6 weeks if I couldn't talk about the Mini and he dropped it real fast

Quick Reply: R56 Production Week 32 Support Group?