Electrical For discussions regarding wiring up electrical modifications such as radar detectors, brake light mods, power sockets, and driving lights in Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S (R56), and Cabrio (R57) MINIs.

Electrical NCSExpert DIY(do it yourself)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 07:58 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
NCSExpert DIY(do it yourself)

Thanks to jbourne , I have allocated on a spreadsheet the mods that I have tried and know they work - ppl who have tried other new mods are adding them on the sheet.
Here is the spreadsheet , you need to request to view it (please do not edit randomly afterwards) and I will allow you view/edit it.

FIY,be sure to know what you are doing,if you are not sure, click back here, check the step, you can really mess up your car if you code over the wrong modules.

Last edited by GTECKO; 04-26-2011 at 03:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DogfaceSGM (02-13-2022)
Old 03-14-2011, 03:08 PM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Okay coders. Is anyone working with V40 datens on an '11? I only have two more coding changes I want to make, but I'm stuck on finding them. The legal disclaimer on the Connected and allowing the video to play when moving. I have found both of them in NCS Dummy and know what file they are. However, when I go into NCS Expert I do not have a CAPPL module. I do have a MEDIA module and then seem to be in there, but I can't get it to accept the changes. Any ideas?

Old 03-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Bigprfed22
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Requested

Old 03-14-2011, 05:06 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
@GeoffreyM - I have seen in on the bimmerforum, I ll try to look it up again.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:49 AM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the text I need, I know where to find them. I can get a trace file with them in it, but when I make the change and try to code the file I get an error.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:29 AM
Bigprfed22
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What would i need, other than the software to be able to connect, a usb to obd2?

Old 03-15-2011, 12:52 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Click here; you will find the 1st tread on everything you need. I bought the cable on the link in my thread,was here within a week(Iam in Canada) and worked perfectly

Old 03-15-2011, 06:32 PM
BBoshart
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Updated spreadsheet with codes I've tried on my '08.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:49 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Drl

Hello all,

I have a quick question for everyone. My mini is from Canada so when I got it, I had no choice but having the DRL as headlights and city lights; no way I could toggle the control to have it off, or on auto or just city lights ...
Now I changed it with NCS and have the possibility of using the toggles,auto-on-off ect ...
My question is to you all that already have this capacity on your car from the get co, does your headlights come out all the times when you are out during the day when you have the auto mode on ?
cause mine does ... I saw on the bimmerforum that I could adjust the sensity on the RLS module (but didnt seem to change anything in bright sunny day) and mine looks like that :
Code:
DEF_FLC_SCHWELLWERT_SATZ
	wert_01
EMPF_OHNE_RAENDELRAD
	empfindlichkeitsstufe_3
FLC_SCHWELLWERT_SATZ
	wert_01
FLC_SCHWELLWERT_SATZ_1
	wert_01
FLC_SCHWELLWERT_SATZ_2
	wert_02
FLC_SCHWELLWERT_SATZ_3
	wert_03
KONFIG_NACHL_REGEN
	wert_01
KONFIG_RLS_GESCHW
	nicht_aktiv
KONFIG_RLS_RAENDELRAD
	nicht_aktiv
KONFIG_RLS_REGEN
	aktiv
TYP_FRONTSCHEIBE
	serienscheibe
TYP_RLS_OPTIK
	aktiv
V_HIGH_SPEED_WISCHEN
	wert_01
WISCHEN_STUFE2
	aktiv
WISCHERMOTOR_RSK
	nicht_aktiv
Could any one from other than Canada tell me what their RLS module looks like or even if when their toggle is on auto, does your headlights are on all the time too ...

thanks

Old 03-22-2011, 11:05 PM
Longley01
1st Gear
Originally Posted by GTECKO
you need to ask request to view it (please do not edit randomly) and one of the actual authorize person will allow you to check it.
Requested.
Great work putting this info together.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:40 AM
Paul
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Thanks for setting up the spreadsheet!

Old 03-23-2011, 06:19 PM
BBoshart
3rd Gear
Hello all,

I have a quick question for everyone. My mini is from Canada so when I got it, I had no choice but having the DRL as headlights and city lights; no way I could toggle the control to have it off, or on auto or just city lights ...
Now I changed it with NCS and have the possibility of using the toggles,auto-on-off ect ...
My question is to you all that already have this capacity on your car from the get co, does your headlights come out all the times when you are out during the day when you have the auto mode on ?
cause mine does ... I saw on the bimmerforum that I could adjust the sensity on the RLS module (but didnt seem to change anything in bright sunny day) and mine looks like that :

Could any one from other than Canada tell me what their RLS module looks like or even if when their toggle is on auto, does your headlights are on all the time too ...

thanks
My RLS trace looks exactly the same as yours. I'm not quite sure what you are asking but here is how mine works:

-If I have DRL activated via the BC, all outside lights (including headlights) are on all the time. The only lights that aren't turned on by DRL are dash lights.
-If I have my stalk turned to AUTO, all lights (interior and exterior) turn on when it is dark enough.
-If I have my stalk turned to OFF, nothing comes on, unless my DRL are activated. DRL overrides OFF.
-If I have both my stalk to AUTO and DRL active, the only thing that turns off/on by itself are the dash lights.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:13 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Well see the thing is that my car is from Canada so I didnt have the DRL active on the BC. Therefore whether you had it on auto - off or just city light, everything was ON at all time ...
So thanks to strobeyprobey I was able to have this change, changing in FRM VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL
drl_tfl_off

It allowed me to active the toggles to have the capacity to turn off-auto or just city light.

I still do not have the DRL option in the BC unless I completely missed it but Im sure not.

I was told that if it is on auto you could go to the module and change WERT_01 to 02 or 03 to have less sensitivity ... however to luck. Iam on auto and its bright day light and still my head lights are on ...

Code:
FLC_SCHWELLWERT_SATZ
	wert_01

Old 03-23-2011, 07:37 PM
BBoshart
3rd Gear
I need to try to change my sensitivity. My auto lights turn on when it is way too bright out.
Here's a question that maybe you can answer:
I want my DRL (turned on via BC) to not include my headlights cuz I hate turning on my Xenons when I don't have to. I want my DRLs to turn on my parking lights and tail lights only. Do you know which setting it is to do that? I'm sure it's in the FRM but I don't know which one.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:59 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
ok so I think you have the same problem as mine maybe ...
here what I had, no way to control my DRL at all by moving the toggle to auto,off, or anything. headlight and city lights (drl -above foglights) always on.

So, I change this in FRM module
you should have
Code:
VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL
drl_l
change it to
Code:
VERHALTEN_DRL_TFL
drl_tfl_off
What it did to me is now I have full control of that light toggle.
I can turn off completely my light, have it only drl (above foglight) and of course all the way up to have headlights on.

Like I wrote in post #9 - I am should be able to change sensitivity. However it dont work. FOR ME when Iam on auto, the headlight are on, and its quite sunny out...however my auto mode doesnt seem to care ...

Old 03-23-2011, 08:13 PM
BBoshart
3rd Gear
I have full control over my lights. I can turn them on and off if I want to, either by using the DRL setting or by using my stalk. I just want to be able to choose which lights are used for DRL. I have found how to change all lights that are included in DRL except for the headlights. I will try the change you suggested and see what that does.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:32 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
Oh well It worked out for me, wished I had that control form the beginning.

I saw that if you change these to not active the following will happen, didnt try it myself though:

DRL_TFL_KZL (LICENSE PLATE LIGHT)
aktiv
DRL_TFL_RL_BL I believe this will keep the dash lights off as well as side
aktiv
DRL_TFL_RL_BL_1 Upper rear running light
aktiv
DRL_TFL_RL_BL_2 Lower rear running light in tail lights
aktiv

So does anyone has "problems" with the auto mode ? does anyone can confirm that when outside during the day the headlights are off and the only part on is the upper light of the foglights (city lights) ?
Or can someone point out (through NCS) how can I have this happen,I mean I put the auto on and want it to work

Old 03-24-2011, 07:09 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I tried different settings for a couple of hours in an attempt to get the xenons off with the DRL turned on, unfortunately I was not successful. I really wanted to have the city lights on as the DRL but I just couldn't make it work.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:36 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear

I still do not have the DRL option in the BC unless I completely missed it but Im sure not.
If you want the DRL option in the BC you will have to reset the region of your car in NCS Expert to USA. The Bimmerforum has a bunch of posts on this procedure. It basically involves changing the vehicle order and recoding every module.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:52 AM
stephanreckie
Neutral
I am new to the NCS Expert idea. Is there information that has been updated to modify an R57, 2011 MCS Cabrio?

Old 03-24-2011, 02:24 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
@strobeyprobey : do you think it would allow me to have the auto lights on to work as they should ?
if I reset the region,would it get me in trouble with the dealer ? would it erase all the changes I already made ?

@Stephanreckie : if you are unfamiliar with NCS expert, you can go to here to learn how to use it - as far as I know, the code should work the same for the cabrio, only different is the auto top open/close ... that needs to be try.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:51 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
I am really not sure about the autolights. I don't have that system. If you changed the region of the car all of the modules will be set back to defaults so you would have to redo your changes made in trace files. Vehicle Order changes will stick.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:30 PM
GTECKO
3rd Gear
If you know how to do it for the R56, would you mind PM me please ?
I looked at the bimmerforum but as they talkin about the Eseries, Iam not sure what to do...

Anyone with the autolights can say anything about having the light on during day time ? is it normal or ...

Old 03-29-2011, 07:43 AM
peeti
3rd Gear
Anyone with R57 doing this? I am trying to figure out if the top down can be "one click" like the sunroof and would LOVE to, I mean LOVE LOVE to, program auto up on my windows. If you have suggestions, holler up please!

Old 03-31-2011, 02:10 PM
peeti
3rd Gear
So I've found some values that may play here... first

heben aus geoeffnet (raise from opened)
doppelklick heben (double click raise)

As well there is a wert value of wert_400 on windows... (fensterheber)...

What I'm curious about is whether or not the fensterheber value has to be changed to a wert that mimics a hard top to have the raise single touch to work at all.

Frustrating.

Any tips?

Quick Reply: Electrical NCSExpert DIY(do it yourself)