Suspension Megan Racing rear camber arms

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 11:29 AM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Received 517 Likes on 431 Posts
Megan Racing rear camber arms

Im going to install my H&R springs after the holidays.

Since Im not going to do any competition racing, Im considering
Megan Racing rear camber arms.

WMW has posted positive results using them.

Anyone else here using these in real life?

Also will these bring back positive camber, or are they just to induce negative camber for racing??

Last edited by TVPostSound; 11-29-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:00 PM
vetsvette
Received 450 Likes on 343 Posts
I installed the NM adjustable control arms at the same time I installed my NM springs. They were set to stock length when I got them so I left them alone for about 2-300 miles to let everything settle before getting an alignment. Turned out the rear didn't need any camber adjustment at all. Just some minor tweaking as is normal on an alignment after 15K miles. I rotate tires every 6 months and wear looks even and normal.
Make sure the Megans are set to stock length to give you a starting point and you should be good to go. I have no personal experience with Megan products so can't speak to that.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:07 PM
Mini_Vinnie
Received 265 Likes on 209 Posts
Ive always considered Megan and ebay brand. I remember many years ago on my STi having to replace a rusted Megan strut tower brace.

Rule of thumb Ive always used, its cheap for a reason. Nothing against WMW, they sell it so they arent going to bad mouth it.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:16 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Received 755 Likes on 617 Posts
Originally Posted by Mini_Vinnie
Nothing against WMW, they sell it so they arent going to bad mouth it.
NOT TRUE. If I don't like something even if I sell it I'll tell you. I do this for a living and is my full time job so I have to offer all the brands to make a living. But I won't tell anyone something is good just to make a sale. I'd rather loose your sale and tell you the truth. Usually it ends up working out because they go buy what I said somewhere else then come back to buy a replacement anyway.

I like the Hsport camber links the best. But they don't offer them for the F56 yet.

But have had customers use the Megans without issue so I can't say anything bad about them. And pretty cost effective.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 11-29-2017, 01:23 PM
nqr31467
3rd Gear
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
I have them installed on my car. I am very satisfied with them. As vetsvette stated allow them to settle before getting an alignment done. They will allow to bring the camber back to OEM settings. I have had them on my car for 6K now. Car really handles well, I love whipping around corners.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:28 PM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Mini_Vinnie
Ive always considered Megan and ebay brand. I remember many years ago on my STi having to replace a rusted Megan strut tower brace.

Rule of thumb Ive always used, its cheap for a reason. Nothing against WMW, they sell it so they arent going to bad mouth it.
Way is very outspoken about a product he doesn't believe in. Even if he sells it.

Hotchkiss is one of my favorite brands.
Im going to have a talk with John about the lack of F56 products, next week at Super Car Sunday.
He's always out there especially for the 60s and 70s american cars!!

Old 11-29-2017, 08:16 PM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Originally Posted by TVPostSound
Way is very outspoken about a product he doesn't believe in. Even if he sells it.

Hotchkiss is one of my favorite brands.
Im going to have a talk with John about the lack of F56 products, next week at Super Car Sunday.
He's always out there especially for the 60s and 70s american cars!!
True to a fault

We've talked with Hotchkis as we have a very good relationship with John and them so it will happen. It's just not going to be quick.

HOTCHKIS | DDM | CRAVEN | AKRAPOVIC | NM ENGINEERING | MEGAN | FORGE | IE | OS GIKEN | POWERFLEX and more
Old 03-29-2018, 03:06 AM
Nader230
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
@WayMotorWorks

How much of a difference is there between the H-Sport camber links and the Megan Racing ones?
I'm leaning towards the Megan Racing ones because they would color match my car nicer than the H-Sport ones, looking from behind.
Aesthetics aside, which ones are more durable / have more positive feedback / less reported faults?
After browsing NAM threads, both have good feedback, though I did come across one reported failure for each.

I'll be installing them on R57 S with stock suspension, to add 0.5-1.0 negative camber for better cornering. Would you recommend that?
I don't want to upgrade to a sportier suspension system (i.e. coilovers) or lower springs even though I would love to, because the streets where I live aren't very smooth and sportier suspension / lower car would make the ride very uncomfortable.

Additionally, any recommendations to improve cornering without sacrificing comfort?

Thank you.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:26 AM
WayMotorWorks
Vendor
Originally Posted by Nader230
@WayMotorWorks

How much of a difference is there between the H-Sport camber links and the Megan Racing ones?
I'm leaning towards the Megan Racing ones because they would color match my car nicer than the H-Sport ones, looking from behind.
Aesthetics aside, which ones are more durable / have more positive feedback / less reported faults?
After browsing NAM threads, both have good feedback, though I did come across one reported failure for each.

I'll be installing them on R57 S with stock suspension, to add 0.5-1.0 negative camber for better cornering. Would you recommend that?
I don't want to upgrade to a sportier suspension system (i.e. coilovers) or lower springs even though I would love to, because the streets where I live aren't very smooth and sportier suspension / lower car would make the ride very uncomfortable.

Additionally, any recommendations to improve cornering without sacrificing comfort?

Thank you.
For an R57 I would hands down go with the Hsport (btw we offer them all Black, not blue in the center like picture) They are by far the most reliable and quiet control arms as I've had them on some cars for 14+years without issue
https://www.waymotorworks.com/h-spor...ber-links.html

Old 03-29-2018, 09:29 AM
TVPostSound
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Nader230
@WayMotorWorks

Thank you.
Have you tried to see if you can get that much from the OEM arms?
They do have some adjustment.

Old 03-30-2018, 02:01 AM
Nader230
1st Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
No...
I'll give it a go.
Thanks!