Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Need everyone's help: blazing HOT bonnet problem MINI/BMW won't fix!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 04:51 PM
gunflash
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hot day quote from HQ

hope you read all my post and didn't peel off after the "hot day quote" as I did mention turbo heat etc but not your ****

Old 08-29-2013, 04:59 PM
gunflash
2nd Gear
i suggest anyone who has had the scoop problem call mini HQ ON THIS NUMBER AND COMPLAIN and ask for a fix whether in or out of warranty...........

866-275-6464

Old 08-29-2013, 05:01 PM
gunflash
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by CA94960
Hot day my *** - it's because of the heat from the Turbo - that's why they are willing to fix all the ones that are brought to their attention while they're still under warranty.
hope you read all my post and didn't peel off after the "hot day quote" as I did mention turbo heat etc but not your ****

Old 08-29-2013, 05:15 PM
CA94960
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gunflash
You edited it after I posted but I just went back and read what you added.

I feel they should repair the known design problems on these cars too!

Old 10-07-2013, 01:35 PM
gunflash
2nd Gear
Been on holidays to Provence,France...on my rtn I had a call from HQ regards my melted scoop and rang them back all optimistic and the answer was a big fat NO they cannot help me.
They followed up with the usual "Mini wants your opinion" so I of course gave them low ratings and spelled out my complaint and added the enclosed Email that I had sent to my dealer.....
Sir/Madam,I am contacting you to let you know I have been in touch with mini HQ regards my melted hood scoop (we discussed this approx month ago) and the answer has come back that they will not give me a new one as they say I was using the car in hot weather!
Of course this is a ridiculous answer as I stated a lot of these scoops have melted due to turbo heat in hot weather North American mini forum) and mini has since introduced a heat absorber under the hood to contain the heat.
I feel this should have been addressed when my car was in warranty at your dealers but because it had never melted or I was made aware of this design flaw then the problem was never addressed i.e heat absorber fitted.
Could you please forward this Email to your manager as I would like him/her to address this design failure and provide me with a new primed scoop and I will pay for the color spray as a compromise.
I look forward to a more favorable reply than the one provided by mini HQ and feel the customer relations has failed and looks at this design failure as something the customer can put up with and pay for as we are driving our cars in the heat?
Just one more point to add,I have just returned from Aix En Provence in France and noted a works mini being parked by a young lady,noted the scoop on the hood and saw the melted portion of the scoop and told her the problem and she should see her dealer. ....mini must be making a small fortune on there manufactured problem.
cheers Nigel Warner.

Will keep you in the loop of the type of reply I get as these people have to take responsibility for there design flaw.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:49 AM
richardsperry
6th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yep, it's a problem, yes they replaced mine once under warranty at 20K miles. I fixed it for good by buying a carbon fiber JCW scoop and don't touch the hood....

In other words, I'll live with it.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:59 AM
gunflash
2nd Gear
I like the colour of the scoop to be the same as the hood/bonnet so carbon fibre will not work for me.....I had a good discussion with a corp rep who gave me little help and since then they have sent me a survey and I filled out most of the answers they required with a one (lowest number) so will see if they get back to me as I feel they are responsible for a design failure so am hoping I do not have to live with it!!

Old 10-09-2013, 10:33 AM
InjectedGT
5th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why does everyone seem to think you can't paint carbon fiber??? I know it's an additional expense, but even if you bought a urethane one, it would need paint.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:53 AM
gunflash
2nd Gear
yes you can spray it but the initial cost say $350 compared to a $84 primed scoop does not make sense in going in that direction...the heat absorber cost $25 so difference in cost is approx $250 so I know which direction I am going for a replacement if mini do not make it right?
I would like the forum administrators to send out a a complaint Email on behalf of all melted hood scoop reciprients to mini HQ showing how we feel and also the fact that mini HQ should take responsiblity