St. Louis MINI Club The St. Louis MINI Club Forums. Visit our club site at www.stlmini.com

2006 Mini's on the Dragon

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 09:15 AM
GeminiSun
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Mini's on the Dragon

When is the next Mini's on the Dragon for 2006. Mr Sun, my wife and i would like to go on that rallye if it is being held. Any help would be appreciated.

GeminiSun
06 LY MCC

Old 12-25-2005, 09:27 AM
koolmini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
the first full weekend of May (5/4 to 5/7)
link: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...play.php?f=141

Old 12-25-2005, 09:13 PM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
I'll be glad to talk to you about the plans for MOTD 2006. Last year we caravaned to the Dragon & the plan is to do it again. Most of us have our rooms already reserved at Fontana Lodge. You may want to do that soon if you are serious about going.

Lois
STL MINI Events Coordinator
lois@stlmini.com

Old 12-26-2005, 07:05 AM
GeminiSun
2nd Gear
Info for Fontana Lodge Needed

Do you have info for Fontana Lodge available - either e-mail or URL? I saw the web site for tailofthedragon.com. It has lots of info - but I would prefer to stay with the Coopers from Stlmini.com.

Marty

Old 12-26-2005, 07:33 AM
fred3
4th Gear
They have a website...

Originally Posted by GeminiSun
Do you have info for Fontana Lodge available - either e-mail or URL? I saw the web site for tailofthedragon.com. It has lots of info - but I would prefer to stay with the Coopers from Stlmini.com.

Marty
why don't you just Google it?

Old 12-26-2005, 08:02 AM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
Marty,

Here is Fontana Lodge's web address http://www.fontanavillage.com/. You have to call them to make the reservation however. Most of us will be staying at Fontana.

Lois

Old 12-26-2005, 10:17 AM
GeminiSun
2nd Gear
Thanks - Went to the Site

Several rooms left - will talk to the wife and see what she thinks - I'm excited

Marty

Old 12-26-2005, 03:39 PM
GeminiSun
2nd Gear
Alrighty - We're In

Okay - We are signing up at FontanaVillage Resort. Couldn't get finalized because the Resort is having some kind of power shutdown. We plan on getting rooms on 5/4-5/6 and leaving on 5/7.

Will they Stlmini.com group be getting together prior to the drive for motoring plans?

Of course this is all predicated on getting Mr Sun so that we can indeed go. He is still on the high seas.... someplace. The miniusa.com site is telling me that he should be in by 12/30. I would just be happy with mid-January.

Marty

Old 12-26-2005, 05:44 PM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
Okay - We are signing up at FontanaVillage Resort. Couldn't get finalized because the Resort is having some kind of power shutdown. We plan on getting rooms on 5/4-5/6 and leaving on 5/7.

Will they Stlmini.com group be getting together prior to the drive for motoring plans?

Of course this is all predicated on getting Mr Sun so that we can indeed go. He is still on the high seas.... someplace. The miniusa.com site is telling me that he should be in by 12/30. I would just be happy with mid-January.

Marty

Marty,

I'm sure your MINI will be here in plenty of time In fact it may be here already Sometimes you get little surprises like that since the MINIUSA site is not always accurate I've sent you an email, hopefully answering some of your questions From your sig, it looks like Sunnie is going to have a new friend to romp with

Lois

Old 12-27-2005, 06:59 PM
Island Don
3rd Gear
Sounds like fun!

So, when is the St. Louis MINI club planning to head down there? The caravan sounds good, but I don't know what days to book rooms for. Heading down on Wed. or Thur.?

Sorry about being offtopic, but I just had to mention to Marty that my new Cooper S is due in at MINI of St. Louis on the 30th also! :-)

Don

Old 12-27-2005, 07:07 PM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
Congrats, Don

Tell us more Are you from St Louis?

Lois

Old 12-27-2005, 08:09 PM
GeminiSun
2nd Gear
Do Tell More about your Cooper S

Welcome to the group Island Don. Do tell us more about your Cooper - will we be seeing it around St Louis?

I booked rooms at the Fontana Village Resort for the evening of 5/4-5/6 and leaving on 5/7. They still had several Inn rooms available when I called at 11:30am today.

Looking forward to Friday 12/30 and seeing Mr Sun for the first time. BUT my MA, Devon said that it may not be ready on Friday. I am okay with that, I still need to make those final purchase arrangements with the bank - So I may not be getting Mr Sun until Tuesday 1/3/06.

Old 12-28-2005, 07:58 AM
Island Don
3rd Gear
Lois - Yes, I'm from St. Louis. My wife and I have been on one Rallye so far (with our current Red & Black Cooper). It was a lot of fun, and our plan is to try and be a bit more active in the club.

Marty - Well, my new car will be a Blue S with white roof and (this may or may not have been a good choice, but I wanted different) white wheels also.
I'm really hoping to take delivery on Saturday or Monday.

My wife is taking my "old" MINI, so both cars will be around St. Louis. I suspect the only car we'll be taking to future events will be the new S though.

I'm going to see if any rooms are left, although I think that if we make it at all, we'd be driving down on Friday.

Don

Old 12-28-2005, 01:44 PM
zinful
4th Gear
Fun

You won't regret your first trip to THE DRAGON, and it won't be your last.
Traveling down life's ever changing road, just waiting to carivan down to Fontana lodge,

Old 12-28-2005, 02:32 PM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
I'm looking for a volunteer to help organize the caravan to the Dragon Any & all offers will be considered! I will be motoring down early on Monday May 1st to warm up those roads for all of you E mail or PM me if you are interested

Lois
STL MINI Events Coordinator
lois@stlmini.com

Old 12-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Nails_69
2nd Gear
looking foward to the dragon

Me and my wife will be there, booked our room back in June at the Fontana lodge(sweetheart suite ).
Grandparents coming to look after the Kids. Will get in touch with every one that's going when it gets closer to May to setup a meeting place.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:21 AM
GeminiSun
2nd Gear
Stlmini.com MOTD Travelers

Who from stlmini.com will be going to Minis on the Dragon this may 4-May7?

We are booked at Fontana Village at the Inn. Looking to see if anyone would like to caravan with us - looking to leave early on the 4th.

Marty and Debbie

Old 03-04-2006, 03:24 PM
StLouieLo
6th Gear
Who from stlmini.com will be going to Minis on the Dragon this may 4-May7?

We are booked at Fontana Village at the Inn. Looking to see if anyone would like to caravan with us - looking to leave early on the 4th.

Marty and Debbie
There will be a group going, Marty Don't worry, I'll keep you informed of the plans

Old 03-08-2006, 03:21 PM
krenzkes
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like we are going now. When is the grou leaving? What is the best place to try and get to stay at? I just got signed up for a pulley and intake install on Thursday at 0900 so we will have to go down on Wednesday, who is leaving then?

What is the main events to attend there? It seems hard to decypher the times and things to do does anyone have recommendations as to what to do for our first trip to the dragon?

thanks,

Scott

Old 03-08-2006, 06:33 PM
krenzkes
4th Gear
I've been checking and it looks like most if not all the rooms near the event are taken so I'm now looking at staying in Knoxville, TN which looks to be 1.5 hours out from Fontana Dam so we will just have to drive in and out each day and enjoy the beautiful roads down around there. I hope it doesn't rain that weekend.

We will be returning to St. Louis on the 7th. Is everyone taking walky talky's that we could use for the carivan back?

Scott

Old 03-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Checkmate
5th Gear
That's too bad that you all are staying so far away. It was fun meeting you at the rallye. I'm bringing walkies, just in case. how else can you inform about potty stops...LOL. I am staying in the inn by myself. They automatically give double beds so if there is anyone going by themselves that wouldn't mind splitting the cost of a room. Let me know. I've also signed up for the movie and for the autocross...never done it, but it looks like fun. they do limit it to 80 participants though. If anyone else knows some cool things to do there or what to expect let us know. I get totally lost looking through the MOTD discussions.

Thanks
Shannah

Old 03-09-2006, 04:37 AM
koolmini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by krenzkes
I've been checking and it looks like most if not all the rooms near the event are taken so I'm now looking at staying in Knoxville, TN which looks to be 1.5 hours out from Fontana Dam so we will just have to drive in and out each day and enjoy the beautiful roads down around there. I hope it doesn't rain that weekend.

Scott
check for hotels/motels in Marysville TN (alot closer then Knoxsville)

Old 03-09-2006, 05:33 AM
GeminiSun
2nd Gear
Could also try in Townshend, TN

You could also try in Townshend TN at the Fox and Hound Inn. I've stayed there a couple of times on Photo trips to the Smokies.

If crowds are ok, then also try Gatlinburg, TN

How many are in your Cooper?

Old 03-09-2006, 07:32 AM
Doodle Bug
2nd Gear
Check the lodging link.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/motd-lodging

The web says the Blue Boar Inn has two cabins.

The Blue ater Mountain Lodge did have one room left (7 out of 8 are booked with MINIS)

Old 03-09-2006, 04:52 PM
krenzkes
4th Gear
Marty there are just the two of us. I'm still looking for a closer place but trying to keep the cost down. I checked in Fontana Dam and all the rooms are gone, Robbinsville is filling up quickly. I'll still be looking and calling this weekend.

Scott

Quick Reply: 2006 Mini's on the Dragon