South West Nevada, Arizona, and New Mexico

2004 A MINI Vacation in Las Vegas

Old 10-13-2003, 06:46 AM
gobsmaked
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got this in e-mail this morning, sounds like a great idea...

The Arizona MINI Owners Present: Feb 6 - 8, 2004 A MINI Vacation in Las Vegas, go to this site for details.... LAS VEGAS FUN!

Old 10-13-2003, 07:42 AM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like the word is spreading! Out of curiosity, who sent you the email?

Old 10-13-2003, 05:29 PM
gobsmaked
3rd Gear
Dominic Tuso sent the message to one of the members of MINI of the Rockies (MOTR) who then forwarded to all of MOTR.

My wife's father lives in Vegas as do some friends so I am thinking of going! Plus I can get my In-N-Out fix.

Old 10-13-2003, 05:34 PM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Oh, very cool! That must have been Kenn who forwarded you my message. I sent him the info on it and it looks like you guys up there in CO are pretty excited.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Hope to see you there!

Happy Motoring!
Dominic

Old 10-14-2003, 06:16 AM
gobsmaked
3rd Gear
I know I am excited about it. We already set up our calendar and drives next year but I we are always looking for a reason or no reason at all to have more fun with our MINI’s. I’m sure we will be discussing and adding this to the calendar at November’s meeting. The MOTR MINI calendars have not been printed up yet so we can add this to them.

Thanks for letting MOTR know about this.

Old 10-14-2003, 06:45 AM
higurney
2nd Gear
Wow, Dom. Looks like you are famous now. :smile:

Old 10-14-2003, 07:20 AM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
>>Looks like you are famous now.

Thanks, Herather, I'm working on it

This event that started out as a fun-run idea from people who went on the Tombstone fun-run, now has snow-balled into a fun-run for the entire North American continent!

Old 10-25-2003, 09:35 PM
AZMini
2nd Gear
Well, the 7th is my birthday and I've never been to Vegas, so I'm going to try to go.

Chris

Old 11-11-2003, 05:05 PM
zgokart
5th Gear
>>Oh, very cool! That must have been Kenn who forwarded you my message. I sent him the info on it and it looks like you guys up there in CO are pretty excited.
Let me know if I can answer any questions. Hope to see you there!
Dominic
This looks exciting! I also note that NorCalMINIs will be co sponsoring a Pahrump event, costing $125. I hope that the "How To" demos will also include MC owners, since the pulley upgrade How To by Randy is strictly for MCS cars.

Hey Dominic, how about a "How To" on XM radio installation?

Old 11-16-2003, 09:46 PM
AZMini
2nd Gear
>>Well, the 7th is my birthday and I've never been to Vegas, so I'm going to try to go.
>>
>>Chris

Definitely going. Decided to go all out and got reservations at the Luxor. Plenty of things for the family to do if I want to go motoring and they don't.

Gonna leave the 6th after the kids get out of school.

Chris

Old 11-17-2003, 09:17 AM
minicoop78
4th Gear
i cant wait for this trip it is going to be so fun.

Old 11-17-2003, 09:44 AM
AZWilliam
3rd Gear
Track day; Minis on the strip; Leaving strips on the track; what more could you ask for?

Old 11-18-2003, 10:50 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
>>>>Well, the 7th is my birthday and I've never been to Vegas, so I'm going to try to go.
>>>>
>>>>Chris
>>
>>Definitely going. Decided to go all out and got reservations at the Luxor. Plenty of things for the family to do if I want to go motoring and they don't.
>>
>>Gonna leave the 6th after the kids get out of school.
>>
>>Chris

Chris, a word of advice based on my sister-in-law's stay at the Luxor. Make sure you are above the 3rd floor when you check in. Laura & her husband wound up near the nightclub (Ra) on the 2nd floor and could barely hear themselves think in their room.

Old 11-20-2003, 09:27 PM
AZMini
2nd Gear
>>Chris, a word of advice based on my sister-in-law's stay at the Luxor. Make sure you are above the 3rd floor when you check in. Laura & her husband wound up near the nightclub (Ra) on the 2nd floor and could barely hear themselves think in their room.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give them a call this week to ask.

Chris

Old 11-20-2003, 10:16 PM
zgokart
5th Gear
"Chris, a word of advice based on my sister-in-law's stay at the Luxor. Make sure you are above the 3rd floor when you check in. Laura & her husband wound up near the nightclub (Ra) on the 2nd floor and could barely hear themselves think in their room."

Old 11-20-2003, 10:35 PM
10851CS
Former Vendor
>>Track day; Minis on the strip; Leaving strips on the track; what more could you ask for?
>>
>>_________________
>>I Drive a Mini;
>>What are you compensating for

How about leaving tracks on the strip?

Earl

Old 11-24-2003, 08:45 AM
Agro
Coordinator :: Sin City MINI Club & AMVIV
The hotel with the volcano (The Mirage) is a couple of miles from the Luxor, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Leaving tracks on the Strip is pretty much impossible coz of all the traffic and traffic lights (and cops).

Anyone driving up from the south on 93 (across Hoover Dam) take note:
Right after the 1st overtaking lane after the dam ends, the speed limit drops almost immediately to 15mph for the checkpoint area. I came over the crest and saw a cop sitting waiting for speeders. He pulled me over and told me I was going 50. Through some miracle, he let me off. Be wary in that area.

Old 12-15-2003, 07:49 AM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
I have sad news for everyone. Please visit http://www.aminivacationinvegas.com

Old 12-15-2003, 08:14 AM
10851CS
Former Vendor
>>I have sad news for everyone. Please visit http://www.aminivacationinvegas.com

Well, I'm going insurance or no insurance. My insurance covers my car.

I mean do we really need a sponsor??? If everyone just shows up it isn't going to be a problem as far as I can see.

Earl

Old 12-15-2003, 08:16 AM
mini73
Neutral
>>I have sad news for everyone. Please visit http://www.aminivacationinvegas.com

Maybe I'm naive, but since this is a pretty informal event, can it run w/o insurance? Have waivers for everything. -
Good luck - I'm sure a solution is out there. Can LV dealership (or others) help?

Old 12-15-2003, 08:17 AM
10851CS
Former Vendor
p.s.

If a sponsor is required for some reason how about your old insurance company (or some other company) covering the one event? We could all kick in a few bucks for the one time thing. Might be a good for a nationwide company to insure meetups for all clubs around the country.

Earl

Old 12-15-2003, 08:59 AM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Yes, we really need someone to have as a sponsor to use their liability insurance to cover the event. I won't be putting my name to national events unless it's covered in the proper fashion. I know of many MINI clubs across the country that do not have liability coverage, they use waiver forms. This is not something I want to do as I don't have much personal faith in them. However, if some club decides they do put their faith in waivers, then I'm more than happy to let them be the official event sponsor and be responsible for anything that may occur. I can care less who sponsors the event (I don't need my name up in lights), as long as they're prepared to deal with anything that might happen. I'm not in a position to put myself, my wife or any of my assests on the line for this event. That's why I made sure I had liability coverage thru Arizona Mini Owners prior to making the official announcement for AMVIV in mid September. Now as of Saturday when the announcement was made at the club's meeting that the new insurance policy that will be covering the club in February does not cover out of state events...only events in AZ state.

Old 12-16-2003, 05:29 AM
Donovan
2nd Gear
I still do not understand the need to have liability insurance. No need to make it an "official" event, is there? Let's just all hang out and have fun and try not to run into each other. Can you really hold anyone responsible if the event is not "official"?

Can't the get-together go on without a title sponsor?

Just wondering.

Old 12-16-2003, 05:56 AM
BSUCardinalfan
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't understand the need for insurance either.

What is the role of the event sponsor? Is the club spending money on the event, subsidizing any activities? If so, then I can see the need for insurance. If the event is only planned as a group of people with common interests gathering in one location for a vacation, there wouldn't need to be insurance.

Just disclaimer it as "not an official club event" and be done with it.

Unless any real lawyers out there can correct me......

Old 12-16-2003, 06:29 AM
dominicminicoopers
6th Gear
Donovan and YellowMiniS, would either of you like to be responsible for gathering the people together under this premise? I'll drop my name from everything associated with AMVIV in a heartbeat if either one of you want to step up to the plate and have your name associated with the event. No skin off my back. I could care less where the glory goes to for this event. I just really want it to happen. There's been no money involved in putting together AMVIV other than the 250.00 deposit at the Stardust to get a group rate and then my domain name registration and web hosting. Everything else has been accomplished with old fashioned hard work and putting in the time to pull the variety of things together. I spend anywhere between 20-30 hours per week working the details for this event...I'd really hate to see it be canceled because of Arizona Mini Owner's decision to choose an insurance plan that doesn't cover any out of state events. Seriously, if you think it'd be safe enought just to say "not and official club event", then by all means let us all know you'll take that responsibility!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004 A MINI Vacation in Las Vegas