Ruskin (Tampa) and St Pete

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 12:14 PM
XBarbarian
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ruskin (Tampa) and St Pete

hey all, just got my 2nd mini, but only yesterday searched for and joined a mini forum ( maybe because forums mean money, and the 1st mini was leased)

work in downtown st pete, live in Ruskin

greetings

Old 08-10-2016, 03:29 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
New MINI

Originally Posted by XBarbarian
hey all, just got my 2nd mini, but only yesterday searched for and joined a mini forum ( maybe because forums mean money, and the 1st mini was leased)

work in downtown st pete, live in Ruskin

greetings
Congrats and welcome to NAM! Please post pix when you have the chance. How many miles on her and what year, model?

We have over 40 years experience on the street and track with the brand, so we're here to help. Please ask any and all questions.

In the meantime, here's a handy service & maintenance guide to help you out:

http://new.minimania.com/MINI_Routin..._I_and_II_2344

We're here to help!

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:34 PM
XBarbarian
1st Gear
2016 Clubman S Took delivery 8/8/16 with 27 miles. now at 200 ( I commute 80 RT 3x a week )
this is my 2nd mini, had a leased '13 hardtop S, that I returned / traded and bought this. Love it so far!
Name:  Delivery_882016.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  195.8 KB

Old 08-10-2016, 03:35 PM
XBarbarian
1st Gear
Thanks. I bookmarked your site

Originally Posted by Mini Mania
Congrats and welcome to NAM! Please post pix when you have the chance. How many miles on her and what year, model?

We have over 40 years experience on the street and track with the brand, so we're here to help. Please ask any and all questions.

In the meantime, here's a handy service & maintenance guide to help you out:

http://new.minimania.com/MINI_Routin..._I_and_II_2344

We're here to help!

Drive Hard. Drive Safe. Keep Grinning.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:39 AM
ALLMAGAutoParts
Former Vendor
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the area! The Tampa area is a great place to live minus the traffic. There are a few Mini groups in the Tampa area you might want to join. I'll shoot you a message

- Chris

Old 09-29-2016, 08:20 AM
ThomB
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome. I work from home in Pinellas Park and my wife drives the MINI to Tampa for work. We recently purchased an extremely low mile 2013 Roadster for her to commute in. Sold our 2005 Hot Orange Cooper at the same time.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:45 AM
XBarbarian
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ALLMAGAutoParts
Welcome to the area! The Tampa area is a great place to live minus the traffic. There are a few Mini groups in the Tampa area you might want to join. I'll shoot you a message

- Chris
thanks Chris! ya, at least for now, being closer to the Skyway, and using that,traffic is manageable. going through tampa? forget about it!

Originally Posted by ThomB
Welcome. I work from home in Pinellas Park and my wife drives the MINI to Tampa for work. We recently purchased an extremely low mile 2013 Roadster for her to commute in. Sold our 2005 Hot Orange Cooper at the same time.
hey Thom! thanks for saying high.
my wife grew up in PP. we originally sought a home in pinellas, but, got a bit more home for our money by going to south hillsborough, so we did.

I have to say, I never thought I would say this, but I regret going to wesley chapel for this purchase, despite ferman in Palm harbour being more difficult to get to. WC seems to be a pretty crappy dealer, so far. =(
first mini was ferman. but because I am now in Ruskin, seemed logical to go straight up 75 to Wesley chapel. I regret that choice. service is incompetent.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:57 AM
ThomB
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XBarbarian
hey Thom! thanks for saying high.
my wife grew up in PP. we originally sought a home in pinellas, but, got a bit more home for our money by going to south hillsborough, so we did.

I have to say, I never thought I would say this, but I regret going to wesley chapel for this purchase, despite ferman in Palm harbour being more difficult to get to. WC seems to be a pretty crappy dealer, so far. =(
first mini was ferman. but because I am now in Ruskin, seemed logical to go straight up 75 to Wesley chapel. I regret that choice. service is incompetent.
We bought here in PP because I thought it would be a good location for my wife to get to work. How much traffic can there be on a bridge anyway? Man was that a dumb idea. She leaves at 7:05 to get to work by 8:00.

We are actually considering moving further North (she loves Dunedin) but we can't get as nice of a house for even 2x what we have in this one (since we basically rebuilt the entire inside).

We bought our original MINI in Ohio, then moved to NC now here. This MINI was purchased at Ferman. I like them! We'd considered going up to WC to look at cars, I guess now I'm glad we did not.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:03 AM
XBarbarian
1st Gear
ya, dunedin is great. so is safety harbor. Im originally from just south of Boston, and I love the New England feel of those 2 areas. right now, housing is seeing a false bubble again too, I believe anyway. (grumbles about criminal fed)
I work from home 2 days a week myself.