mini-mini-mini-MINI meeting

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 09:05 PM
Vanwall
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey ! Anybody from the San Diego area or there-abouts - a few of us are meeting at Dave and Buster's in Mission Valley on this Sunday, the 23rd, 8:30-9:30 AM. We're off for a scenic drive out in the countryside. MINI owners and list waiters come on down. Bring your camera!!

BCNU,
Rob in Dago

Old 06-20-2002, 09:23 PM
Sfiveten
5th Gear
I would love to join you all but the 2K miles between us just won't allow..... so If you do get some good pics, be sure to send them in so that we may post them up on the site. I think this may be a great new addition to the gallery area. "Member Meet Pics"

Also...... Keep an eye on where your posting...... all..... We've been seeing alot of posts going into the wrong forums.
Note: This thread will be moved to "Events" later tonight.

SW

Old 06-23-2002, 03:54 PM
Vanwall
4th Gear
Well, it was a little overcast, but my MINI Brooksie, my wife Chris, and I popped on down to the parking lot at Dave & Busters, a local eatery-***-game-spot, for the mini-mini-mini-Meet here in San Diego. It was pretty deserted at that time in the morning, we waited a bit, and Rick Erazo showed up, with a grin. He didn't have his MINI yet, it's due in this coming Tuesday, but he was glad to see us. We chatted about various MINI-things, and then Mark Maunu drove up in his Red & White Cooper! Mark has had his a little over a month, and loves it.

We four Mini nuts yakked about lots & lots of MINI stuff, compared features, I showed Rick & Mark the sunroof operation, we talked about dealer horror stories AND dealer hero stories, and generally had a great time. I took some photos, they're on the Members MINIs pages, and Rick & Mark took some, as well. We were expecting a coupla more MINIs, but alas, they were no-shows. Hopefully next time we'll get more turn-out. We all agreed to have a next time, so Rick can show off his new S! Right toward the end, a Bug-eye Sprite, just finished mechanically by Rick's son-in-law Chris, crashed the party. Nifty!! Just what we needed, a reminder of the glorious past! We didn't go on a run, hope to next go-round. Well, more fun next time!!

BCNU,
Rob in Dago

Old 07-01-2002, 09:20 PM
Vanwall
4th Gear
Sunny San Diegans! Howzabout a mid-week luncheon for few? Or a bunch? Or a herd? Let me know here if you wanna eat & greet!

BCNU,
Rob

Old 07-01-2002, 10:29 PM
sirron
5th Gear
How was the scenic tour?. Let us know when the next one will be, Old and new Minis meet in Escondido every first Friday (that's this Friday) at CRUISING GRAND. At the west end of Grand in a bank lot. You need to get there around 5:30 or earlier as there are hundreds of old and restored cars there. There have been about 10 or so Minis in the past, let's make it 20 this week.Ron.

Old 07-09-2002, 10:56 AM
razz
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
San Diego owners are meeting for lunch at noon on Friday the 19th of July at the Gordon Biersch Brewery in Mission Valley. Please be there if you can make it.

If anyone is the owner (or knows the owner) of the silver/black Cooper on Biona Drive in the Kensington neighborhood, please post or contact me. We're neighbors.

Old 08-21-2002, 06:22 PM
Heermann
1st Gear
I just happened on to the So Cal Forum after posting aninvitation on the Mini Talk Forum for San Diego New Mini owners. I have noted the event in Escondido on the frist Friday [assuming the next one would be Sept 6] and I am off to the Mini Meet in Orange on Friday early afternoon, if any other San Diego folks are making the trek to Mecca [classic and new mini gathering]let me know.

Barry Heermann
Chilli Red MCS w/ anthracite wheels

Old 08-21-2002, 06:35 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Rob, Check out my post about the October 6 MINI Meet. Hope you can come!

Cheers!
Clover