MINI Meet West, August 23-25

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 06:00 AM
gotmini2
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini Meet West, the largest Mini Only event on the West Coast is being held August 23rd-25th at the Orange County Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa. Mini fans travel from all over the globe to attend this long running event.

Car show, Autocross, Slalom, Banquet, Swap Meet, Dealer Displays and a big Sunday road trip.

This event is open to ALL MINIS new or old and will undoubtably be a complete and total blast.

More info available at http://www.moala.org

Mini Meet West Info Site..CLICK HERE

Old 08-21-2002, 11:05 PM
gotmini2
1st Gear
Dont miss this event... this is the largest Mini gathering of it's kind open to all Mini's new and old.

Ive spoken with the promoters and they are wildly excited to have all new MINIs in attendance...

I plan to be there Friday and Saturday and will bring an assortment of our wares to show and sell. I also plan to do some serious laps around the Autocross course to scrub a little life off my tires.

C -ewe - they're!

Old 08-23-2002, 10:02 AM
CMINIGO
4th Gear
Yes, cool. We're going. Bringing the checkbook and charge cards too!

Old 08-24-2002, 09:12 PM
Vanwall
4th Gear
Went to the MMW 2002, saw a whole lotta Minis and MINIs, took lottsa pics, which are in the gallery soon. Plenty of sponsorship from vendors like MiniMania, Gotmini, Yokohama Tire...etc. Total turnout was around 175 cars total, ( not including Brooksie - she snuck in!! ) with 40-some New MINIs registered. Beat Mini Meet East, is the rumour. I saw about half of the New MINIs, and most of the Minis of yore, so it was a real fun time. I was only there for the concourse, lotta pretty ones, and some beaters among the Minis. At the end, everybody was leaving for the Panoramic Picture, so I sez to m'self - get in line! He-He!! Snuck into the Big Picture without a ripple. Brooksie is a little left of center on the back row, and she was the ONLY BRG New MINI there. I'll post pics as I get a chance, and will start with New MINIs.

BCNU,
Rob in Dago

Old 08-24-2002, 10:00 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the update, Rob! I was too tired to make the trip...still healing. Looking forward to your pics of the big day!

Cheers!
Clover

Old 08-25-2002, 03:18 PM
Heermann
1st Gear
I attended Mini Meet West and had a GREAT time. I am eager to gather with other Mini owners, and because I live in San Diego, the options looks like this to me: work with others in the area to start something new OR connect up with other LA Mini Club members who live in San Diego. I am leaning toward the latter. Would appreciate hearing from other San Diego Mini folks.

Barry Heermann

Old 08-25-2002, 10:48 PM
CMINIGO
4th Gear
MMW was great fun. :smile: I went on Saturday and it was great to see familiar faces from the HB meet! I'll put up pictures in the regional gallery tonight. Some great Minis and MINIs were there! The new MINI was represented quite well, although not all colors were present. I did see "Emma", a classic light green Mini. Must be my Emma's mother! (37 years in age difference) So cool!

Welcome! There are a bunch of new MINI owners down in your area. 26 of us met in Huntington Beach last week. We are working on getting a regional club organized for SoCal and set up through the MCO site. We will let everyone know what's going on as soon as things take shape. Stick around... this is THE PLACE to be!

Motor On!

Old 08-26-2002, 07:57 PM
Vanwall
4th Gear
I was looking for MCO folks, but since I hven't met any ouside of San Diego, I wore my Vanwall shirt for a while. I figured sooner or later someone would catch up to me, but no joy there. Later in the aft. I had on my Mini-patterned Hawaiian shirt. Hopefully next time I'll catch an elusive MCO member! Look fo pics soon!

BCNU,
Rob in Dago

Old 08-31-2002, 10:41 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
>> I was looking for MCO folks, but since I hven't met any ouside of San Diego, I wore my Vanwall shirt for a while. I figured sooner or later someone would catch up to me, but no joy there. Later in the aft. I had on my Mini-patterned Hawaiian shirt. Hopefully next time I'll catch an elusive MCO member! Look fo pics soon!
>>
>> BCNU,
>> Rob in Dago

Sorry you didn't see any MCOers! Too bad.

Cheers!
Clover
email: cloverbutte@netzero.net