South East - Carolinas North and South Carolina

Eurofest 2004 Oct15 - Oct17

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 09:37 AM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eurofest 2004 Oct15 - Oct17

Eurofest 2004 is coming up fast. Those of you who went last year know this is a blast to attend. This year it's from Friday Oct. 15th through Sunday Oct 17th at the BMW facility at Greer, SC (just up the road from Spartanburg).
On Friday there's plant tours of the BMW facility at Greer and a reception on Friday.
Saturday, it's "the show". This features 100's of cars from virtually every european company (including yours, if you like). This is a judged show done with "professional" judges as well as votes from the attendees. This year, the featured marque, is MG. There's also a short autocross setup to try your skills using BMW supplied cars (we drove Z4's at he last one!) Also, Saturday night will be a banquet.
On Sunday there's a "Fun Rally". Some navigation skills and a sharp eye are all you need to win (last year my co-pilot and I took 2nd winning the registration and reception fees for this years event). There's also an SCCA sponsored autocross that afternoon.
For more info and details on how to register check out the website:
www.euroautofestival.com

Old 09-19-2004, 06:15 PM
debiw
3rd Gear
Count me in. I always try to add this one to my calendar if I'm living in the area Last year we had a good bit of both the new and old mini, and I had a great time chatting to all. This has always been one of my favorite events for some time now. As far as I know, based on my conversations at the anual meeting, the club will be represented. Perhaps we can meet-up earlier and all drive in together.

Debi

Old 09-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Trainman
5th Gear
Me too..

Old 09-20-2004, 06:06 PM
Mini03Tiger84
4th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I plan on attending also... oooo, I better get those new EBC brake pads installed to go with the new sway bar for the Autocross.

Old 09-21-2004, 07:44 AM
queenB
Coordinator :: Smoky Mountain MINIs
We may come over for Saturday but will be attending ATL MINIs drive in the Chattanooga area on Sunday. This is a great show with lotsa neat cars to look at. :smile:

Old 09-21-2004, 04:23 PM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
I'm going to be coming in Friday afternoon, but probably heading back home late Saturday night. As I'm coming down by myself this year, there's no way to participate in the rally on Sun. I saw last year you really need a 2nd pair of eyes in the car to catch everything during the run.

Anyone have any ideas where they're staying? The Wingate, a few miles down the road from the Zentrum, was the "official" hotel last year, offering discounted rates to the M2C2 club members. This year, though, they haven't been contacted, so I don't know if the same deal will hold.

Old 09-23-2004, 06:29 AM
mininc
5th Gear
Hotel Information

The official Hotel for M2C2 during the Euro is the Wingate Inn in Greenville, SC. The rate is $59.00 per night and is available for Friday October 15th and Saturday October 16th. To receive the discount just mention the discount code M2C2. Here is a link to the Wingate web site.
At this time we have 10 rooms set aside. Please call and make your reservation early. The hotel has a large wedding party and a sports team also staying that weekend.

http://www.wingateinns.com/Wingate/c...ity=Greenville

George

Old 09-23-2004, 08:29 AM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
Thanks for the info George! I'll call them and reserve my room later today.

Old 09-26-2004, 12:29 PM
myminicoopah
3rd Gear
last year BMW donated about 10 BMW Z4's for us (SCCA) to play with on the autocross course. I haven't heard anything if that is going to take place this year or not. I will be there will bells on...

Old 09-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Trainman
5th Gear
I guess I'll need to get registered for Saturday. Anyone else gonna show off their MINI?

Old 09-27-2004, 01:49 PM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
>>>I haven't heard anything if that is going to take place this year or not.<<

They're definitely going to have the Sat autocross session again, though I don't know if they'll use Z4's again (gee, it must be nice to write off $450K in msrp value just for an afternoon's fun:smile: )

>>>Anyone else gonna show off their MINI?<<<

I thought everyone going down was going to be a participant. It wouldn't be as much fun to go to something like this and then just park with the spectators.

Old 09-29-2004, 01:35 PM
Trainman
5th Gear
I am filling out the registration form..... NOW!

Anyone going to the overpriced banquet on Saturday? Or shall we have a m2c2 banquet?

Anyone doing the rallye on Sunday?

Old 09-29-2004, 01:56 PM
mininc
5th Gear
Moorlockx

I was told by the MINI USA rep that they would be using MINIs this year instead of the Z4s for the autox.

Trainman

I would skip the Saturday banquet and have a dinner with all the MINIs.

The rally on Sunday is a good time, just make sure you have a partner to help you find clues.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-29-2004, 04:43 PM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
MINI's instead of Z4's.....how quaint! Maybe I can convince them just to let me run my car instead of using one of theirs.

Anyone got any plans for doing something Friday evening? I know part of the time is going to be spent cleaning the car for Sat. After the drive down it's going to need a lot of TLC.

A Saturday night MINI banquet sounds good.

Old 10-01-2004, 09:08 AM
Trainman
5th Gear
I'm up for something both Friday and Saturday evenings.. At least dinner somewhere..

It would be nice if everyone who is participating or attending would make themselves known, so we can plan something as a club Friday and Saturday evenings... :smile:

I'll be showing off Oz on Saturday, and passing on the Rallye on Sunday I don't have a co-pilot/observer...

Old 10-05-2004, 08:38 AM
myminicoopah
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by mininc
Looks like they're already sold out... Anyone staying anywhere else?

Old 10-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
>>Looks like they're already sold out... Anyone staying anywhere else?<<

Sorry to hear you missed getting into the Wingate. I almost remember another hotel next to it (if I remember right from last year). You might want to call the Wingate and see if they can help you out. I also think some of the MINI people are going to be staying at the main hotel for the event if you want to try that.

Old 10-07-2004, 07:37 AM
debiw
3rd Gear
Is there any planning in the works for an organized dinner/get together Friday night? When I used to live in the area there was a brew pub down near the Peace Center that was more then willing to reserve parking spaces and use of their rec facility. They even gave free beer and appetizers. They wanted to start hosting an Octoberfest too--I think these guys are gone though. Do any of you Greenville folks know if they're still around? If not, perhaps you Greenville folks can recommend a place and if no one else has anything in the works, maybe we can call the place and get some parking spaces set aside and some freebees After all, this is next weekend.

Cheers,
Debi

Old 10-07-2004, 07:44 AM
debiw
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by myminicoopah
Looks like they're already sold out... Anyone staying anywhere else?
Try reserving on line. This is what I got for check in on the 15th--check out 16th.

SPECIAL WEB RATE BEST AVAILABLE RATE THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING WINGATE 48.75/night
2 QUEEN BEDS
FREE HIGH SPEED INTERNET AND BREAKFAST
WINGATE / ALL INCLUSIVE PRICING
, CANCEL BEFORE 6PM

It looks like they are sold out if your staying overnight on the 16th.

Old 10-07-2004, 08:14 AM
mininc
5th Gear
Debiw

Thanks for checking on the Wingate availability. I called the Manager and asked about the internet special rate. He said there should still be a few rooms left at that rate, but that the hotel was close to sold out due to a wedding.

I have asked him to change our $59.00 M2C2 rate to the $48.75 internet rate and he has agreed to do that for us. Anyone that has already reserved a room using the M2C2 discount will have their rate reduced to $48.75.

Thanks to Debiw for passing the information along.

George

Old 10-07-2004, 09:14 AM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
The Friday dinner sounds good Debi. ....and you're right, this thing is right around the corner. I plan on rolling in around 3 on Friday so I can roll by and pick up my registration packet. When's everyone else coming in? What time would be good for dinner for everyone?

Many thanks George for the work with the hotel. Nothing like an additional $20 discount to start the weekend off right!

Old 10-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Trainman
5th Gear
Hotels near the Wingate: Hampton Inn, Marriott Courtyard, Microtel and Extended Stay America..

There's several restaurants near Haywood Mall. Applebees, Outback, Chile's, Italian Market and Grill, Longhorn Steakhouse [good steaks there], Don Pablo's, Ruby Tuesday's and O'Charley's on Haywood Road.
There's a Rafferty's and a Miyabi on Congaree Rd. at Halton Rd., Corrabas on Woodruff Road across from Greenville Mall and Olive Garden just down Laurens Rd from Century MINI.

There's more restaurants downtown, they're small and local, and parking there would suck..

Dinner around 6:30 or 7 would be good..

Saturday we can plan dinner by ear at the show..

Old 10-08-2004, 08:19 AM
debiw
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Trainman
There's several restaurants near Haywood Mall. Applebees, Outback, Chile's, Italian Market and Grill, Longhorn Steakhouse [good steaks there], Don Pablo's, Ruby Tuesday's and O'Charley's on Haywood Road.
There's a Rafferty's and a Miyabi on Congaree Rd. at Halton Rd., Corrabas on Woodruff Road across from Greenville Mall and Olive Garden just down Laurens Rd from Century MINI.

There's more restaurants downtown, they're small and local, and parking there would suck..

Dinner around 6:30 or 7 would be good..

Saturday we can plan dinner by ear at the show..
That's a decent size list of restaurants. Anyone have any experience with any, or favorite? I'm fine with dinner around 6:30-7. Any suggestions? Who would be interested in a Friday night dinner? Please post.

Old 10-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Trainman
5th Gear
I think that Longhorn has the best steaks in Greenville, although Miyabi would be fun as a "group" thing.. It's a Japanese steakhouse where they cook the food right in front of you, and we could set up a reservation as soon as we know how many people are interested...

Old 10-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Moorlockx
6th Gear
I'm on for the Friday dinner. The one thing I'd go for in the choice of eaterys would be a place where we can carry on a conversation while we're there.

It'd be nice if some of our "mystery guests" would chime in here. So far we only have confirmation's from:

Debiw
Trainman
myminicoopah
Mini03Tiger84
and Moorlockx

and yet the 10 rooms M2C2 have reserved at the Wingate are sold out. Anyone have any idea who else is coming in for this?

Quick Reply: Eurofest 2004 Oct15 - Oct17