R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 Photos of Countryman at MINI of St. Louis

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Spridget
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Photos of Countryman at MINI of St. Louis

Hi, all.

Last night the St. Louis MINI club met at MINI of St. Louis as usual, but this time the management had provided a couple of Countrymen for our inspection. For photos, click here.

Motor on,

Spridget

Old 12-07-2010, 02:55 PM
AmyLR
1st Gear
Thanks for posting the pictures. My Countryman All4 is (im)patiently waiting to board it's cruise ship enroute to me. My Countryman is Pure Red with a black roof & side mirrors, so I especially liked your pics!

~Amy

Old 12-07-2010, 04:39 PM
ngweibing
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is thta a new color?

Old 12-07-2010, 04:54 PM
snowboard1
3rd Gear
Great Pics and description- Thanks! I believe the blue one had the flat load floor. Is that the normal location for a mini gas tank?

Old 12-07-2010, 04:55 PM
AmyLR
1st Gear
Do You Mean Pure Red as a New Color?

This is my very first MINI experience, so I'm not sure if it's a new color or not. I remember seeing a Chili Pepper Red color or something like that previously.

I just know that my order design form has a color of B16 Pure Red with upholstery T6E1 Leather Gravity Carbon Black. And hopefully that combination will be pretty spiffy!

~Amy

Old 12-07-2010, 06:16 PM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by snowboard1
Great Pics and description- Thanks! I believe the blue one had the flat load floor. Is that the normal location for a mini gas tank?
That appears to be the standard floor. The flat load floor option adds a second panel that mounts behind the rear seat backs eliminating the gap in to the boot area and creating a flat surface when the rear seats are folded.

Old 12-07-2010, 06:18 PM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Spridget
Hi, all.

Last night the St. Louis MINI club met at MINI of St. Louis as usual, but this time the management had provided a couple of Countrymen for our inspection. For photos, click here.

Motor on,

Spridget
Thank you very much for taking the time to post all those pix and descriptions. Very helpful!

Old 12-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Spridget
4th Gear
I believe the blue one had the flat load floor. Is that the normal location for a mini gas tank?
The red one on the lift had the fuel tank ahead of the rear axle line, as do the smaller MINIs, so I assume that's the standard location, for safety reasons if nothing else. I do wonder, however, if the All4 models have the sunken boot floor like the blue one in the pics.

The flat load floor option adds a second panel that mounts behind the rear seat backs eliminating the gap in to the boot area and creating a flat surface when the rear seats are folded.
Right, I think that's how the blue one was set up. Note the one pic where a helpful bystander is lifting the floor panel so you can see underneath. Is that what you meant?

Cheers,

Spridget

Old 12-09-2010, 12:24 PM
03mini-S
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AmyLR
This is my very first MINI experience, so I'm not sure if it's a new color or not. I remember seeing a Chili Pepper Red color or something like that previously.

I just know that my order design form has a color of B16 Pure Red with upholstery T6E1 Leather Gravity Carbon Black. And hopefully that combination will be pretty spiffy!

~Amy
All Countrymen have new colors that will not be found on any other MINIs.

Last edited by 03mini-S; 12-09-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Spridget
Right, I think that's how the blue one was set up. Note the one pic where a helpful bystander is lifting the floor panel so you can see underneath. Is that what you meant?
There is no flat load floor option in this pic. If there, the back of the rear seats would have a panel that closes them off from the boot area. You can clearly see an entrance from the boot to the back seat area in this pic and you can see the seat backs themselves. With the Flat Load Floor option, you would not see either.

The standard floor covering the well is shown in this pic.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:55 PM
FiremanMike
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Amy
look in the thread titled PHOTO'S as I have posted pix of our Pure Red All4 we picked up yesterday. You will like it!
Mike

Old 12-09-2010, 05:55 PM
MINIxB
6th Gear
Our dealership has this Countryman now the color is surf blue, btw

Old 12-09-2010, 06:08 PM
03mini-S
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Midnight Blue
There is no flat load floor option in this pic. If there, the back of the rear seats would have a panel that closes them off from the boot area. You can clearly see an entrance from the boot to the back seat area in this pic and you can see the seat backs themselves. With the Flat Load Floor option, you would not see either.

The standard floor covering the well is shown in this pic.
The MA couldn't satisfy my question to what the flat load floor looks like. I assumed it was the thick floor covering the well.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:17 AM
AmyLR
1st Gear
Mike,

Thank you--that is a very sweet looking vehicle. Mine should look like the twin of your Countryman!

Thanks,
Amy

Old 12-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 03mini-S
The MA couldn't satisfy my question to what the flat load floor looks like. I assumed it was the thick floor covering the well.
My understanding is that piece is standard. It can either lay flat and cover the well or be lifted up to separate the back seats from the boot.

The Flat Load Floor is a second piece so that you can simulataneously cover the well and have a partition between the rear seats and the boot.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:33 AM
03mini-S
4th Gear
My understanding is that piece is standard. It can either lay flat and cover the well or be lifted up to separate the back seats from the boot.

The Flat Load Floor is a second piece so that you can simulataneously cover the well and have a partition between the rear seats and the boot.
So a flat load floor would exclude the standard floor?

Old 12-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
So a flat load floor would exclude the standard floor?
Sorry for writing an obtuse explanation...

No, the standard floor is standard. Just as shown in those photos. When you order the Flat Load Floor option you still get the standard floor as shown but you also get another flat floor piece which mounts behind the rear seat backs. This does two things: creates a bulkhead between rear seats and boot, and when the rear seats are folded you have a (nearly) flat floor surface from boot to front seats.

Last edited by Midnight Blue; 12-10-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:24 AM
03mini-S
4th Gear

No, the standard floor is standard. Just as shown in those photos. When you or the Flat Load Floor option you still get thenstandard floor as shown but you also get another flat floor piece which mounts behind the rear seat backs. This doesntwo things: creates a bulkhead between rear seats and boot, and when the rear seats are folded you have a (nearly) flat floor surface from boot to front seats.
wow, that is an expensive option we ordered then.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Midnight Blue
6th Gear
wow, that is an expensive option we ordered then.
Mine was dropped from my order due to limited availability but this is something I will need. Does seem more like a $100 option than $250.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:03 AM
03mini-S
4th Gear
Mine was dropped from my order due to limited availability but this is something I will need. Does seem more like a $100 option than $250.
The dealer said as far as they know our 2P9 wheels and 4UL load floor are still on the car. They never got any messages from MINI saying they weren't available. I guess we may have beaten the shortage.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:52 AM
cyberwoozle
3rd Gear

No, the standard floor is standard. Just as shown in those photos. When you or the Flat Load Floor option you still get the standard floor as shown but you also get another flat floor piece which mounts behind the rear seat backs. This does two things: creates a bulkhead between rear seats and boot, and when the rear seats are folded you have a (nearly) flat floor surface from boot to front seats.
you can also flip the standard floor so that it acts as a flat floor on top of folded down rear seats. of course, should you do this, you have a flat platform over your folded seats and a big hole in the boot...

and yes, $250 does seem a little steep for an accessory such as this. I just figure we'll always leave it up, in "blocking the boot from the interior of the car" mode.