R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 The Official Nightfire Red Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 10:53 AM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's official. Bubbles now has a baby sister. A NFR with black roof, premium, chrome & auto was purchased and will be picked up this evening by a lady in here.....I've never had a sister before!!!

Old 10-19-2007, 11:30 AM
eejphotog
1st Gear
That's cool! I thought I saw another NFR when I was in Louisville but it turned out to be a chili red. It was dark .

So I have yet to actually see another "in the wild."

Old 10-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Wife unit spotted an NFR in the wild last week. It was NFR/Black with stripes. She could not make comment on anything else, but that's pretty good for a lady who thinks wheels and tires are all the same.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:20 PM
dennisd63
5th Gear
hahahaha....That's funny Skuz...

By the way...Twings brought up a good point...where are our NFR badges? That CNC has been in your possession a mightly long time! (nudge nudge, wink wink)

Old 10-19-2007, 09:42 PM
twings
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Skuzzy

Twings, you are in Texas, so my recommendation for oil chanes is to ignore what Mini thinks is right. Our temperature/weather etremes call for a more agressive oil change interval. I am doing Romi once every 6 months or 4,000 miles, whichever comes first. I try to get it done just before our major weather changes in the Fall and Spring.

Sorry to hear about the ding. That truly sucks. I do all my own paint. What part of Texas are you in?
Thanks, Dennis & Skuzzy.....since I am in Texas, I think I'll follow your lead, Skuzzy, on the oil change. I live in Temple (bt Dallas & Austin). I'm really impressed that you do your own paint. The other thing that sucks about the ding is....because it was another "vehicle" that "collided" with my car, it's covered under collision. If someone had kicked the door, it would be covered under comprehensive...The difference? Collision deductible: $250, Comp: $100... I've decided to let the dealer fix it...needed to take it in for a couple of other things anyway (oil change for one!).

Thanks again, guys, I rely on you!!

Old 10-20-2007, 04:54 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
The NFR badges are on the plate to be done.

I just got the mill into the house and just finished getting it all dialed in. Takes a lot of time to get these things setup right. Now, I am working on designs which I will have the mill cut in wax first to make sure the tool is going in the right path. Some tweaks, then a final pass in wax, then off to metal.

Patience oh antsy one.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:41 AM
MiniWidower
1st Gear
Anybody seen my wife?

Hi out there. New to the NFR thread. Wife's NFR 07 - Every package known to man and a few they dug out when she came though the door! The baby's name is Rosie (I know - not original - but it's named after a coworkers dog and we know they rule through brain waves anyway). So - how does one become a member of the NFR Owners Club? Any secret initiation ceremonies I need to ready my tired old bod for? Or is it more "You do - therefore you are"? Anyway – she’s had her less than 2 weeks – almost a 1000 miles on it. I believe my wife has already posted here. Gretchen from Atlanta. Something along the lines “Husband has outed me – leaving on a long trip – taking dog”.

Oh - I must warn all of you of a little known danger - what happens to dogs in mini's - It's known as "Minidogomania" Below are Before and After shots of a creature reputed to be a dog suffering from Minidogomania.

Last edited by MiniWidower; 10-20-2007 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Picture were to big for my taste
Old 10-20-2007, 08:01 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Welcome to the whacky world of NFR!

The right of passage involves a paddle, a tennis racket, a sock, and a vacuum cleaner. Oh,..and lots of lint *****.

And that NFR is a really good looking one. The dog appears to be in the early stages of transformation.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:26 AM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Hahahah...hilarious MINI Widower! I think I last saw Rosie crossing the equator somewhere near the Republic of Congo...something about looking for Mr Livingston, I presume?

Welcome to the passenger seat! We've never yet had a member with your perspective yet...being the secretary of the club, I'm still not sure how to enter you into something we like to call....

...."THE DATABASE".....

Old 10-20-2007, 09:16 AM
MiniWidower
1st Gear
I'm pretty sure Ginger rules by brain waves - I've tried tin foil but it doesn't seem to help. But she told Gretchen to by the Mini - aka - proper Welsh Corgi Transport System. Seems to work for her - and me. Gretchen does let me drive it once in a while - when she and Ginger are not out running over unsuspecting pedestrians. The right of passage sounds a lot like Shellback passage!

Ginger guarding Rosie

Old 10-24-2007, 02:22 PM
shaka
2nd Gear
Welcome newbs! Man, you leave this thread for a couple weeks and they just keep coming out of the woodwork. Great to have you along for the ride...Side note, does anyone get a Windows explorer message saying "Stop running this Script? If you don't your computer may become unresponsive." Darn thing always comes up when I go to switch pages, very annoying, any insight would be helpful.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
You have some spyware/malware running on your computer, in all likelihood.

Try using Adaware (www.lavasoft.com) and see what it finds. They have a free version somewhere on thier page.

After fixing it, disable ActiveX controls in the Internet security zone (Tools->Internet Options,..Security) and then start using the "Trusted Sites" zone for sites you feel good about.

ActiveX controls are the single biggest delivery mechanism for spyware/malware programs. It is an abomination! Much like the Yugo!

Old 10-25-2007, 08:13 AM
shaka
2nd Gear
Didn't work, downloaded Firefox instead. Seems okay, but not used to Firefox. If anyone else has had this issue, please let me know. Thanks!

Old 10-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Adaware may not find the beasty. There is not a single spyware tool that will find all spyware/malware.

Still, you need to kill ActiveX to prevent anymore of it from finding you. Firefox is not a cure all. The "Internet Options" in Windows is used by many Internet applications and utilities from Microsoft.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:54 AM
rooandren
6th Gear
Howdy. Greetings. I'm alive. Mostly. No news is good news is my MINI adventures. Hope all is well and velcome vidower! Adorable puppy and MINI!

Old 10-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
I thought the lint ***** had gotten you!

Old 10-25-2007, 12:12 PM
carjoy
6th Gear
Hello All. I'm new to the NAM website. I received my NightFire back in June. It is a beautiful car and I'll upload my pictures soon. How do i become part of the Night Fire Red owner's club and get one of those cool graphics I've been seeing in the posts????

Old 10-25-2007, 12:14 PM
966JDS
Neutral
Too Funny!

[quote=MiniWidower;1815478]Hi out there. New to the NFR thread. Wife's NFR 07 - Every package known to man and a few they dug out when she came though the door!

Sorry for crashing you guy's group, but I was bored. I laughed my you know what off when I read your post about the missing wife & dog and I could totally relate. I brought (my MINI) Spike home in May, and in about a month had a a good 1500 miles on him! I'm in Atlanta too so maybe I'll see you guys around!

Ciao!

Old 10-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Heya 966JDS,..all are welcome here. If you can put up with the insanity that is.

Welcome carjoy! Looking forward to seeing pics of your NFR Mini! Our resident database manager will be along shortly to gather information about your NFR. Please speak slowly and in short sentences to him. He ain't right. If ya get my drift.

As far as the tag goes. If you cannot make one, then I can cook one up for you. If you have a prefernce on which one you like, lemme know.

Old 10-25-2007, 01:00 PM
carjoy
6th Gear
As far as the tag goes. If you cannot make one, then I can cook one up for you. If you have a prefernce on which one you like, lemme know.
Thanks for the welcome!! I promise not to use any big words with the database manager also! LOL!
So it is not so much the tag I'm interested in but just the graphic of the club so I can proudly display it in my sig of my local club's website as well as here!!

Old 10-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Old 10-25-2007, 03:05 PM
carjoy
6th Gear
Thanks!!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
No problem at all. The bill is in the mail. Net 30, of course. And the NFR 10% discount applied.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:27 PM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Hello carjoy...I would be the DATABASE MANAGERRR...that Skuzz has warned you about. When you type your info, can you please type slow, because I can't understand it when you type fast!

Ok...I need the following info from you...Car's name, roof color, bonnet stripes, transmission, packages, any additional options including interior colors, dealer options, wheel sizes, etc.

And of course, WE NEED PICTURES!!!!!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 09:34 PM
carjoy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dennisd63
Hello carjoy...I would be the DATABASE MANAGERRR...that Skuzz has warned you about. When you type your info, can you please type slow, because I can't understand it when you type fast!

Ok...I need the following info from you...Car's name, roof color, bonnet stripes, transmission, packages, any additional options including interior colors, dealer options, wheel sizes, etc.

And of course, WE NEED PICTURES!!!!!!!
Hopefully this is typed in slow enough. I tend to type fast!

The car's name is CARJOY. My name is Caren Joyner (just in case you want to talk to me and not to my car )
Roof is black
Bonnet stripes are black
Automatic Transmision
Sports Package
Convenience Package
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package (yes I know I live in Arizona but I get cold! )
Grey/carbon Leatherette seats
English Oak Wood trim and steering wheel
Mud flaps
16" Alloy wheels
Xenon Headlights
MINI Hi-Fi sound system

Pictures are in my Gallery! Let me know if there is anything else you need to know. I hope I didn't type too fast.... I tend go on and on once I get started!

Caren

Quick Reply: R56 The Official Nightfire Red Owners Club