R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 The Official Nightfire Red Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 08:46 AM
MrAndo
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a NFR owner! I bought Ruby in July, she was the only one on the lot in NFR and I knew I had to have her.

add me to the list. NFR auto, white top, no modifications, and no stripes yet.
name: Ruby ... in Baltimore MD

Old 12-04-2007, 09:00 AM
carjoy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MrAndo
I am a NFR owner! I bought Ruby in July, she was the only one on the lot in NFR and I knew I had to have her.

add me to the list. NFR auto, white top, no modifications, and no stripes yet.
name: Ruby ... in Baltimore MD
Welcome MrAndo. You are now officially one of the weirdos! You made a wise choice in your MINI. It is that something special in the car that draws just the right person! You have that inner quality to belong to this rare group!

Last edited by carjoy; 12-04-2007 at 09:00 AM. Reason: dang keyboard made a typo again....
Old 12-04-2007, 09:45 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let the INSANITY SPREAD! WOOHOO!

To all the newbies, you will be getting your NFR registered lint traps in a few days. We have high hopes for you and will be behind you every step of the way in the war against lint!

Some of you may not make it back. Live each day like it was your last! Keep your velcro clean! And never give quarter to the relentless lint gathering monsters that pervey all mankind! We shall be triumphant in the task at hand!

Oh,..and HI!

Old 12-04-2007, 10:31 AM
MrAndo
Neutral
i thought i would post a pic for all of you NFR fans,
The license plate is fake, i just thought you all might get a kick out of it.

motor on!

Attached Thumbnails The Official Nightfire Red Owners Club-nfr.jpg  
Old 12-04-2007, 11:06 AM
dennisd63
5th Gear
MRAndo...need a few more particulars...

What other packages (I see you have premium), and what options (interior colors, seats, etc)?

Gretch...that now makes 22 NFRs....I still haven't heard of or see a picture of a solid NFR car (roof = NFR as well). That's the rarity!

Old 12-04-2007, 11:20 AM
carjoy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dennisd63
Gretch...that now makes 22 NFRs....I still haven't heard of or see a picture of a solid NFR car (roof = NFR as well). That's the rarity!
I saw one at the last SCCA Solo event in Phoenix. By the time I got over there with a card to tag them for the local club, they were gone!

Old 12-04-2007, 11:20 AM
carjoy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by MrAndo
i thought i would post a pic for all of you NFR fans,
The license plate is fake, i just thought you all might get a kick out of it.

motor on!
My front British-style license plate reads: Night Fire.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:56 AM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Originally Posted by carjoy
I saw one at the last SCCA Solo event in Phoenix. By the time I got over there with a card to tag them for the local club, they were gone!
"The Solid NFR" will quickly become the urban myth! Like Loch Ness Monster, BigFoot and Santa Claus...there is no documented evidence!

Old 12-04-2007, 12:06 PM
carjoy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dennisd63
"The Solid NFR" will quickly become the urban myth! Like Loch Ness Monster, BigFoot and Santa Claus...there is no documented evidence!
Oh I beg to differ. I believe a fellow member of DMC has photographic evidence. I shall hunt him down tonight!

Old 12-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Yeah,..uh-huh,...suuurrrreee. I have seen pics of the Loch Ness monster too! Er,..or was that my mother-in-law?? Hmmmm.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:42 PM
R50 Paul
4th Gear
Assael MINI in Monrovia,CA has/had one....I'll bring my camera to work tomorrow and try and snap a pic of this "mythical" NFR/NFR.....btw, it looked awesome.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:00 PM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Originally Posted by R50 Paul
Assael MINI in Monrovia,CA has/had one....I'll bring my camera to work tomorrow and try and snap a pic of this "mythical" NFR/NFR.....btw, it looked awesome.
I don't really want to turn into that lonely guy who runs a gas station out in the middle of a desert...but I would surely like to collect pictures of a solid NFR......

...or is that a tree branch? Hmmmmmm

Old 12-05-2007, 04:38 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
And the myth continues. The legend lives on. The odessy is eternal. The frakin car is not to be found!!!

Old 12-05-2007, 05:44 AM
shaka
2nd Gear
Hey gang, I had my first indicator light come on yesterday. It was indicator 1(looks like an engine) and just stays solid yellow. The manual says "engine malfunction with adverse effect on exhaust emissions". Has anyone had this happen?

Old 12-05-2007, 05:49 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Sure. It is cured with a software update. If the engine feels the same, then you can pretty much ignore it. I think our Mini's just like to show off all the stuff they can flash at you.

Romi flashed me a triangle with a snowflake in it the other night. The Wife unit goes, "What is she bitchin about?" I said, "Prelaunch sequence for the ejector seat."

Old 12-05-2007, 05:56 AM
shaka
2nd Gear
Yes, the engine feels the same(of course it was my wife that was driving it when it came on). So how did you get rid of this light and get the software update?

Old 12-05-2007, 06:33 AM
MINIkitty
3rd Gear
Add another NFR to the database. Rosey's currently inthe body shop with a completion date scheduled for today. Hopefully she'll be on a boat over here soon. She's an '08 black top and stripes, chrome line int/ext. white turn signals, sport seats, premium package and the rotator spoke wheels. I'm so excited. I dreamed about her last night. I'd like the chrome gas cap but the dealer wasn't sure how much that would cost to install since it needs to be painted and all. Has anyone ever seen the chrome gas cap with a black ring instead of the color of the car?

Cat

Old 12-05-2007, 06:34 AM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Shaka...I had the same thing, only in my case, the software update didn't do anything, the light kept coming back on...about the 5th time, the code at the shop said it was a loose gas cap...but it wasn't...after searching for the needle in the haystack, MINI/BMW engineering came back with a carbon canister filter that routes exhaust from the gas tank was malfunctioning...they replaced it....no more light.....

Up here in Canada...that snowflake started flashing about Oct...meaning it's getting COLD!

Old 12-05-2007, 06:48 AM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Welcome Kitty...an 08! I think that might be the first I've heard about in North America? Rooandren got the 1st off the boat...you'll be the new year's baby!

I've got the chrome cap, and it cost about $300 canadian..it's less in USA. I've seen a couple where the paint wasn't quite right and didn't look good. I've got a very good paint match and love the look. I would suggest being patient and getting it painted right (you can run with the regular cap until the matching paint is ready...it's a couple hr job at the local dealer to get it installed...they don't install them at the factory...but at the dealership).

I will enter you tentatively into the database, but where are you located? You will be finalized the day the pictures show up! hahaha...good luck..now the birthing pains begin....It's a good thing it's a little car!

Old 12-05-2007, 06:51 AM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MINIkitty
Add another NFR to the database. Rosey's currently inthe body shop with a completion date scheduled for today. Hopefully she'll be on a boat over here soon. She's an '08 black top and stripes, chrome line int/ext. white turn signals, sport seats, premium package and the rotator spoke wheels. I'm so excited. I dreamed about her last night. I'd like the chrome gas cap but the dealer wasn't sure how much that would cost to install since it needs to be painted and all. Has anyone ever seen the chrome gas cap with a black ring instead of the color of the car?

Cat
PS: What kind of transmission?
Dennis the Database Man!

Old 12-05-2007, 06:55 AM
MINIkitty
3rd Gear
I am in Myrtle Beach and bought Rosey in Charleston, hopefully the delay from the distribution center to dealer isn't too long...
Rosey's an automatic. They keep saying Mid-January is when I should get her but if they keep up this pace I'm hoping for Christmas! Hopefully they don't hold them hostage like they did with the '07s.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:01 AM
shaka
2nd Gear
Welcome Cat! Looking forward to seeing the pics when she arrives. What are the main differences between the '07's & '08's?

Old 12-05-2007, 07:04 AM
GHarbick
Neutral
MiniKitty,
Your Rosey sounds beautiful. I wish I had gotten the chrome line exterior. I wonder if that's available as an after-delivery option.

I hope yours is not on one of those untrackable ships as mine was. That was the hardest part of the whole ordering process. But ordering to delivery was only 6 weeks. I'm in the Atlanta area, so not too far from the port or distribution center.

Hey Dennis. What's the retro gas cap. Is this something that I need? Will it make my car even more beautiful than she is (if that's possible)?

Gretchen

Old 12-05-2007, 07:04 AM
MINIkitty
3rd Gear
I think nothing changed body style wise. They basically just changed up some of the packages. Like the premium package now includes the sunroof, auto AC and the upgraded speakers. Also, some of the features were more expensive, i.e. the paint was $500 instead of $450. With the way they reconfigured the packages though I was able to actually get the car for less than an '07 would have been by about $750 so I was able to get a little more chrome than I would have normally.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:40 AM
dennisd63
5th Gear
Originally Posted by GHarbick
MiniKitty,
Your Rosey sounds beautiful. I wish I had gotten the chrome line exterior. I wonder if that's available as an after-delivery option.

I hope yours is not on one of those untrackable ships as mine was. That was the hardest part of the whole ordering process. But ordering to delivery was only 6 weeks. I'm in the Atlanta area, so not too far from the port or distribution center.

Hey Dennis. What's the retro gas cap. Is this something that I need? Will it make my car even more beautiful than she is (if that's possible)?

Gretchen
I think there's a pic of the retro gas cap in my gallery? It's the same chrome cap that the CoopS has and yes, it will make your car nicer...but I doubt if anything will make it any prettier! It's already pretty...the rest is just like christmas decorations! haahaha.. In order to get the exterior chrome kit, I think you have to change the whole front bumper...Ask Shaka, he accidentally got 1 chrome ring around his fog lamp and as far as I know, he still doesn't know what to do to "fix" it...hahaha..the monocle! hahahaha

Quick Reply: R56 The Official Nightfire Red Owners Club