R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 The Official Nightfire Red Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dunt(tm) sweat it kimmc. The longer mine takes to get here, the more artwork I will churn out. And the more I can whine! Before long, I will have it down to a very fine art.

Like a good whine, you have to let it age until it is just right. Go too long and it sours on you, dunt(tm) wait long enough and it is just nasty and inconsistent.

Old 04-05-2007, 11:39 AM
tigwantstoplay
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats to those of you demonstrating such patience. I'm not sure I could stand it; I enjoy instant gratification.

That being said, if I ever do order a MINI and have to play the waiting game, I think I'd explore the following option

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TRAVEL/04/04....ap/index.html

I can see it now, "Hi, I'd like to book a cruise on a cargo ship. Mhm, yes, so that I can travel to the US with my new MINI" !!

Old 04-08-2007, 07:43 AM
hyperblue1
1st Gear
Nightfire Red Cooper Scheduled For Production

I waited until April in order to be able to get the NightFire Red color. My Mini dealer had the color when I took my 2005 in for inspection. I think it's going to be awesome.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:36 PM
twings
2nd Gear
I just ordered a Nightfire Red on Wednesday....still waiting for production number. My MA had a bulletin that said production begins 4/15 on NF....sure hope that doesn't get bumped out. Any tips on graphics? Or should I post that question in another thread? I'm a newbie....

Old 04-14-2007, 03:16 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
And the group grows. Welcome soon-to-be-NFR-owners!

Old 04-15-2007, 04:38 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

I am scheduled for production!!!!

Yeah baaaabyyyyy!! Let the commotion-motion begin!!! WOOOT!!!

EDIT: Hey minimoblie, you should be in transit. What's up?

Last edited by Skuzzy; 04-15-2007 at 05:52 AM.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:46 AM
MalteseFalcn
3rd Gear
Congrats, Skuzzy

Good to see you're finally scheduled after all this time. Which week are you in?

Old 04-15-2007, 07:25 AM
<Mark>
1st Gear
Congratulations Skuzzy, now as the delivery date gets closer the wait gets harder, as I’m finding out.

Member of the other red club.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:56 AM
dneal
4th Gear
Originally Posted by Skuzzy
The interior leather choice will be the Tuscan, but my Wife hated the piano black colorline, and that is all you can get with Tuscan.
Since you're still waiting for the car and have time to change it: Try the configurator again... you don't have to get piano black. I had the same thing happen when I ordered black lounge - piano black pops up by default. The other trim options are still available, and I chose alloy instead. Car has black lounge leather and brushed alloy... no piano black.

--edit--

I just built an MC with NF and Tuscan. Piano Black pops up by default, but you can change it.

Last edited by dneal; 04-15-2007 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:12 AM
rooandren
6th Gear
WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

I am scheduled for production!!!!

Yeah baaaabyyyyy!! Let the commotion-motion begin!!! WOOOT!!!

EDIT: Hey minimoblie, you should be in transit. What's up?
Congratu-freakin'-lations!!!! It's about time! I hope we still will get to hear your entertaining whining while you wait.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:54 AM
jyarrow
4th Gear
I'm almost as happy for Skuzzy as I was for myself when the car went into production. I'm glad I didn't start the Skuzzy Support Group thread I was thinking about. Congrats!

Old 04-15-2007, 01:13 PM
minimobile
2nd Gear
Yea Skuzzy! I'm happy that your car is finally scheduled for production

I haven't called ASK MINI and the owner's lounge is behind...but I suspect I'll be on the WW ship Tristan which arrives in UK on 4/17 and will then arrive in CA on 5/7. These dates fit with what my MA told me.

So, hopfully I'll have my NF baby by Memorial Day!!!

Old 04-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Congratulations minimobile!

And thanks for the support everyone.

Yes roo, I will still be perfecting the art of the whine while waiting for delivery of my baby, but right now I am a happy camper that the first baby step has been taken. WOOHOOO!

LOL jyarrow!

Old 04-16-2007, 07:58 AM
rooandren
6th Gear
Originally Posted by twings
I just ordered a Nightfire Red on Wednesday....still waiting for production number. My MA had a bulletin that said production begins 4/15 on NF....sure hope that doesn't get bumped out. Any tips on graphics? Or should I post that question in another thread? I'm a newbie....
A belated welcome to ya! Look around at different vendors for graphics, other than just through MINI. It's not for me, but I think checkerboard would be really sweet. It could be a nice contrast between the classier NFR color and a cheekier motif. I really like the racing stripes over the standard bonnet stripes; narrower ones that are more in the center of the bonnet. Browse around and be inspired!

Old 04-16-2007, 11:32 AM
twings
2nd Gear
Thanks, Roo, I did get the checkered mirrors and thought about the sun-roof graphic of the same...but haven't decided yet. My MA didn't recommend it because of blocking the sun...but in Texas, I think I need a little more sun-block! And I'm already scheduled for production! Yay!

Old 04-17-2007, 11:21 AM
minimobile
2nd Gear
Booked on Tristan!!!

Hoorah! Was able to confirm that my NFR baby is starting her ocean cruise today on WW's Tristan.

She should arrive at Port Hueneme, CA on May 7th! Wooo hoooo!

Old 04-17-2007, 11:27 AM
rooandren
6th Gear
Sweeeeeet, congrats! May it be a zippy journey.

(Note: I've only been congratulating people with a longer voyage to the west coast...I have my weak moments of jealousy!!!)

Old 04-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Congrats minimobile!!

Dang, I better get finished with the artwork I started on for the first NFR owner on NAM. EEEEEKKKK!!

NFR owners will take over the world! MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Well, a small part of it anyway.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:20 PM
rooandren
6th Gear

NFR owners will take over the world! MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Well, a small part of it anyway.
So, this has me wondering. Just how small a part of the world will this be? We are currently approximately 0.04% of all NAM users (No, really! There's like 8 of us and 20,000 registered users, I think) Will this color last more than a year? And this is the fuuuuurrrrrrrrthest thing from my mind now, but will it really effect resale value?

Old 04-17-2007, 12:25 PM
kimmc
2nd Gear
If anything, I think a rare color will INCREASE resale value - especially if the color is as nice as we are all hoping and planning it will be. You'll see a lot of grey, blue and chilli red coopers, but the rare nightfire will be a sight to behold!

Old 04-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
What kimmc said.

Out little corner may just be as unique as it gets. Makes me even more excited about getting my car! Fun and unique! WOOT! Then when I finish with what I have planned for mine. Well,...she is going to be very unique.

Old 04-17-2007, 01:20 PM
FireBall
Neutral
Production Dates????

Hello all Night Fire Red soon to be owners. We ordered our NFR back in March and are yet to have a production date. We have seen postings were people are getting their production dates fairly quickly.

First, we hope you all get your MINI in the very near term. We would love to see some real photos. Second, was there anything extra you, those of you who got fairly fast production dates have done to get the process underway? We tried the ASK MINI but it appears to be down.

Thanks and good motoring.

OUR MINI: NFR MC, PREM, CONV, CW, NAV, WTSI, SP, PDC, AUTO

Old 04-17-2007, 01:51 PM
rooandren
6th Gear
Fireball, welcome to our increasingly obsessive little group, hope you get some good news quickly!

It occurs to me that others may not be as obsessive as me! Maybe some have not checked every available resource for NFR pics three times a day for the past two months. (Question: what better things are you doing with your time?!?!)

To my knowledge, the only photos on the internet of a Nightfire Red in the flesh are from the Chicago Auto Show. I'll bet many have seen the first set, but not the second...

http://motoringfile.com/2007/02/08/m...red-in-person/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dcmini/...autoshow/show/

Now these mostly look very orange, but I highly doubt it will resemble this at all in natural light. Light does do very strange things to some paints. Every time I look at my parent's Prius it is a 100% different color (but always so dang ugly!)

Old 04-18-2007, 02:53 AM
Skuzzy
OVERDRIVE
Hard to go by shots from the car show. Those mercury vapor lights they sit under add a lot of blue to every color.

And welcome Fireball! Ahhh, the numbers are growing.

I think what has held up the NFR orders was the color did not become available until recently. Cost of being on the leading edge of the best looking Mini made.

Roo, when I reviewed the paint chip at the dealer. We took it outside and compared it to our Lexus IS250. It is also metallic red. If you see one of the new IS's in thier red metallic. The Mini is slightly more brown than that. It actually looks richer and deeper than the Lexus color.

This all assumes the paint chip is an exact representation of the actual color.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:23 AM
rooandren
6th Gear
Apologies for expressing my joy (not gloating, I sincerely promise, I wish everyone the most advanced time travel possible) across several threads, but I'm shipping out today!!! Surely I'm not the only one? The WW line site had me scheduled as of 11:40 last night. We'll have some real proof on that color real soon! YEEEEEEE-HAAAAA!!!!

Quick Reply: R56 The Official Nightfire Red Owners Club