R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 ECS not a good compnay to order from ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 10:17 AM
mini907
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECS not a good compnay to order from ???

Hi
Anyone one else had bad experince or any exp with ECS ?
I placed order with them on the 9th still not here. Tracking number said it was shipped on 14th but still not here.
Thanks

Old 06-25-2019, 10:36 AM
michaelo
3rd Gear
Received 137 Likes on 92 Posts
And what does the shipping company say when you call them? You did call them right?

Old 06-25-2019, 10:54 AM
Marc08EX
2nd Gear
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Or at least check the tracking information since it was shipped.

if it has been shipped, ECS did their job. Now it’s in the courier’s hands.

Maybe packages take longer to get to Alaska?

Old 06-25-2019, 11:02 AM
cristo
Alliance Member
Received 203 Likes on 167 Posts
I’ve had good experiences with them with very few exceptions.
Like most companies selling auto parts, you have to
know what you want (double check part numbers
with www.realoem.com diagrams and be
knowledgeable about what brands are reputable)
and I’ve found them to be better with estimated
shipping times than many other companies.
They and PelicanParts (which I believe are owned
by the same company) are becoming a bit of a monopoly
for this niche, and I’ve heard a few people complain
about service, but I’ve ordered l lot from them over
the years, and they’re still good in my book.

The following users liked this post:
ECSTuning (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 11:11 AM
Minnie.the.Moocher
OVERDRIVE
Received 570 Likes on 486 Posts
PM the ECS rep here on NAM. You can find his contact info on any of the posts or the vendor listing. He is pretty responsive.

ECSTuning (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 11:18 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Yep i am here, you can always PM me your order number.

Just saw this, sorry for the delay.

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 06-25-2019, 11:27 AM
Yupetc
4th Gear
Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts
I can see your frustration on such delay with the order from ECS tuning, but if it's been shipped then they did their job. And I'm guessing that you went with the free shipping option with $50+ order, correct? Normally on those orders they do drag their feet a little at their facility, so you'll see an extra day or two burned just at ECS. Then the actual shipping goes through some form of lazy-transportation deal at USPS. It moves at snail speed out there before getting to your place. But that's just the way it works with the free shipping option.

I do weekend work in my garage and order from ECS very often. It's always either ECS, FCPEURO, or Pelican. They are pretty much all like that with slight differences from one to the other. I notice if you do pay for shipping, things actual move a lot faster. Lastly, do pay attention when you're ordering from them. Often times, you need to see if the item is actually in stock or not. If not, they normally indicate when it can be ready to ship off. And after it's shipped off, do pay attention to tracking updates. Around high parcel seasons, there are times when there's no update for days, then when it gets delivered to my door, all of a sudden all the info just got updated to the system and it shows delivered.

Bottom line is, if you're looking for great savings and part selection, you do need to ready yourself with patience and wait for these from the online stores. If you want your parts immediately, then spend that top dollar and go to your local stealership. Those guys will rob you just for a brand badge on their parts.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:31 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Thanks for the honest review, I am also here for Mods, to talk about MINIs in general and what mods you like to do. I drive 2 daily and 3 other people that work here have MINIs. One setting up his R53 JCW for Autocross.

Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 06-25-2019, 11:50 AM
usshelena725
2nd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Between my BMW and my MINI, I've been buying stuff from ECS for many years and have never had a single issue with them except for one. For that one, the package was crushed on arrival and I called and asked what could be done. They didn't even blink, sent me a replacement that day and never asked for the damaged one back.

They are probably one of the best vendors I've ever dealt with.

ECSTuning (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 12:35 PM
BRGPA
4th Gear
Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
I'll echo that- I've always had good service from them, and only once got a defective part that was immediately replaced. I'm only one state away so shipping is very fast...

ECSTuning (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 12:36 PM
mini907
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for everyones replies and feedback. I have had good luck with the vendors on here including ECS but somtimes companys change hands and you dont know that and things go south.
I very much appreciate companys like ECS They are life savers. But I did pay 23.00 for shipping so would have expected to get in a reasonable time.
Not happy but glad to not see any replies of....oh man you didnt hear they changed hands are terrible now lol

Old 06-25-2019, 01:08 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Just PM you back. We are here and no changing of the guards.

usshelena725 (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 09:08 PM
squawSkiBum
Received 302 Likes on 223 Posts
Another happy ECS customer here - I have ordered from them many times for both the MINI and VW. Only problem I ever had was a part damaged in shipping, it was promptly replaced with no hassle.

To be fair - I have done business with almost all of the NAM vendors, and they have all been terrific.

The following 2 users liked this post by squawSkiBum:
ECSTuning (06-26-2019), vetsvette (06-25-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 03:30 PM
ammodave
5th Gear
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
My ECS order (with free shipping) was shipped the next day and arrived before the scheduled arrival date. No problems here.

Old 06-26-2019, 04:44 PM
tc1728
3rd Gear
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Just for me, The ECS rep on NAM has been a great source of information and has given me great suggestion and recommendations. Plus Dan Miller on the actual ECS ordering site is also second to none with regards to ordering and returning parts.

ECSTuning (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 01:52 PM
BigBoost
4th Gear
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Hahahahahahahahha

Your walking a tightrope Mandingo

hahahahahahahahahhaahhaha

I once called them shipping “ germans “

replace Germans

the post was deleted an I got a pretty

lengthy letter about it from the admin

triggered some one that’s for sure

i will absolutely not do any business with them

Just jump over to the vw/Audi forums

will read all kinds of funny things
About them

even got a accused
for working for a different vender
hahahha
it was great

Old 06-27-2019, 02:10 PM
usshelena725
2nd Gear
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBoost

Hahahahahahahahha
Your walking a tightrope Mandingo
hahahahahahahahahhaahhaha
I once called them shipping “ germans “
replace Germans
the post was deleted an I got a pretty
lengthy letter about it from the admin
triggered some one that’s for sure
i will absolutely not do any business with them
Just jump over to the vw/Audi forums
will read all kinds of funny things
About them
even got a accused
for working for a different vender
hahahha
it was great
Funny how literally every other person here speaks highly of them, and then you come out with this wallabanger. What's the expression again? "If you run into a jerk in the morning, you ran into an jerk. If you run into jerks all day, you're the jerk."

Also, what on earth is up with your ridiculous font and formatting? That is very annoying to read. We're not writing haiku's here.

Old 06-27-2019, 02:32 PM
I_Forge_KC
3rd Gear
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts
In the spirit of transparency, it's worth noting that ECS's failures made big waves last year. Declaring an outlier opinion wrong based on a very small sample size is pretty short-sighted.

https://jalopnik.com/spying-on-emplo...g-a-1827474482

Despite a lot of mediocre reviews, I've personally had ok luck. I will say they aren't perfect, though. I had a back-ordered exhaust for nearly two months before I canceled it - the rep said that the vendor was changing their distributor and all this other stuff. I went to the manufacturer's website, found another US reseller, and had the requested system in 72 hours. I have a bad taste in my mouth over a couple of Schwaben/ECS items, too - the pressure brake bleeder left much to be desired and I had a magnetic drain plug strip out (tool just rotated). For those three problems, I've been happy with a lot of other things (oil change kits, odds and ends OEM parts, sale items).

Old 06-27-2019, 02:34 PM
Paul
6th Gear
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I ordered a Milltek header for my R53 from ECS last year. It arrived in one of their standard thin walled boxes with maybe 1 or 2 blow-up packs. Box was beat up pretty badly, which holes where the ends of the header had busted through. ECS should have just attached a label on the header itself and sent it to me without a box. I don’t think I’ve ordered much, if anything, from them since.

My advice for ECS is to source sturdier boxes and use better packing materials. Until I see that improve, there are a lot of other NAM vendors to shop from.

Old 06-27-2019, 02:36 PM
MrGrumpy
6th Gear
Received 241 Likes on 207 Posts
Yup, no problem here.... I have ordered a ton of parts from online vendors, and ECS is one of the better ones out there. Their the website and reps are very good with parts fitment for your vehicle. The only problem I’ve had was my own fault, for ordering the wrong part, but a super quick phone call had it fixed right away. I am a happy customer.

The following 2 users liked this post by MrGrumpy:
ECSTuning (06-27-2019), usshelena725 (06-28-2019)
Old 07-06-2019, 09:31 PM
lukwen
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ECS In regards to the R56 seem to do there job. They carry a wide variety of parts for the car. They seem good about returns(of course my returns I never tried to install). It feels good to have a company that will carry in house big products(like the name brand jcw bumpers and not just the off brand bumpers that don't look official at all. I'm not gonna just run everything down because I can buy a new car every year like million air. Just trying to get my r56 running. so far mini cooper does not help. so far I wonder why I put oil in it ever 3000miles when 11 years later Im looking at replacing pistons. At least it is clean. And stores like ECS are the only ones that don't make a home grown trad craft out of the idea of helping the customer(I live in US not california and not Mexico). I need the parts for my cooper I'm not a lemon lawsuit buy a new car every week person; Im not a expert mechanic so don't act like anyone can help with mini cooper aside of the people that don't want to mini cooper dealership.

but I can buy parts and when I choose to stop trying to make my mini cooper run I will quit. I'm a big boy.

And no matter which store you choose to buy from they are not gonna help install your parts unless it's the price of a new car or unless you know someone that works there. And none of them so far can bring light to the idea that I deserve to have so many problems for a car that purchased that was 2 yrs old at the time for a lot of money more money then any car flipper would; it was my hard earned money. More money then any scavenger buying one in recent years and building up.

Give me comfort anyone..As one of the original purchasers of a R56. And keeping it running for the last 10 years without down time.

Old 07-07-2019, 08:18 PM
dube53
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
I bought a few times from ECS. Prices on OEM service parts are way more expensive than most competitors and even dealerships so you have to check twice before ordering.

My only real complain is shipping being slow because they don't have the parts in stock no matter they say they have and everything is shipped from other sources. It took weeks before receiving brake pads and rotors in separate shipments.