R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 2011 Ordering

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 11:48 AM
capt fred
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Ordering

When can I order a 2011 MCS, and has the pricing been announced?

Old 07-23-2010, 04:39 PM
screwmesa
Neutral
I'm also interested in 2011 MCS pricing. Does anyone have an ordering guide or anything?

Only thing I've been able to find online is the Ordering Guide for the 2011 JCW Hardtop.

Attached Files
Old 07-23-2010, 05:03 PM
BecsToy
Neutral
I haven't heard when MY2011 building starts, but have heard that HD & Satellite radio with a 1 year subscription will be standard.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Peep
3rd Gear
i am tracking this and i think the pricing will be out the first week of aug

Old 07-23-2010, 06:27 PM
MarisMini
1st Gear
I have been checking obsessively! I am so excited. I guess August is only a few days away, but dang!

Old 07-23-2010, 11:55 PM
BensMini
6th Gear
Yes pricing could be available the first part of August, but it could be later like September.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:11 AM
capt fred
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by screwmesa
I'm also interested in 2011 MCS pricing. Does anyone have an ordering guide or anything?

Only thing I've been able to find online is the Ordering Guide for the 2011 JCW Hardtop.
I notice in going over the ordering guide that there is no sport package, and changes in the available interior colors; no blue leather/cloth option, no blue color line (lower dash and arm rests) ---bad news for us blue lovers.

Old 07-24-2010, 07:00 AM
Surfink
4th Gear
The JCW configurator is different from the "S" pages...I believe it has always been limited in the JCW range though.. No English Oak available in JCW either

Last edited by Surfink; 07-24-2010 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-25-2010, 08:02 PM
screwmesa
Neutral
One of my local dealers said they probably won't know pricing until October, while the other says they should know beginning of August. Clearly one dealership does not want to sell me a car.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:37 AM
chakram105
3rd Gear
Pricing will be out start of Aug, along with the Configurator. Production on 2011s start in Aug. But MotoringFile is reporting that MINI Connected is delayed, weeks rather than months, so maybe Sept/oct builds will have that option. Who knows.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:46 PM
sobiloff
Neutral
Just talked with the folks at MINI in Mountain View (CA) about a 2011. They're expecting the online configurator to be updated in 1-2 weeks--the same time that they'll get final pricing. We'll put our order in for an MCS at that time. They said they already have several deposits on 2011s.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:59 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm waiting for the official pricing as well. It was said that the JCW pricing would only be going up a few hundred dollars, while the rest would only be a couple of hundred dollars. Why didn't they just say for the JcW $300. and for the rest $200? But, what will the options being going up? I haven't heard anything about that, yet.

They said that the pricing would be out the first of August, well it's Aug 1st. Kind of joke there.

With the listing of standards and options, I'm glad to see some JCW exclusive options, still would have liked to see JCW suspension factory offered, but there's always the after market.

Colors: Maybe I'm one of the few, but I like the Red Roof & Mirror standard option. It'll look great on Black, as they show, and what I'd really like to see, is how it will look on the Eclipse Gray? That color looks almost like the previous Dark Gray, but we still all wonder what it will look like in the flesh.

One other beef with Mini: Why couldn't they just offer a rebate on wheels, rather than forcing the Challenge wheels down our throats? Or, for us in the Winter Country, a narrower wheel with Blizzaks on them for when we receive our JCW's in November? Then in the Spring, we could get our Summer tires and wheels, non run flats, of course.

LIke many others, I'm patiently waiting for more and more information. Has anyone seen a really good picture of the new Eclipse Gray? Post it if you have, I've only seen MotoringFiles shots.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Dodgy
3rd Gear
The only other decent image of eclipse grey I've seen is on the UK configurator. In those images it looks quite a bit darker than the dark silver it's replacing. I had to switch between eclipse grey and midnight black to see a difference.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:26 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Dodgy,

Thanks on that. I was able to go onto the UK site and print off both, the Black with Red roof and Mirrors, as well as the Eclipse Gray with the Red Roof and Mirrors. Right now I could go with either, but am leaning towards the Eclipse Gray because I think that there will be alot of Black with Red tops in the JCW configuration. But, then again, just how many JCW's are there going to be, with everyone downgrading that model so much. Sure wish that we could get the UK JCW with the Chili pack here, then add the HK sound system, and some Cold Package items. Take the VAT tax off, then convert to dollars and it's not all that bad a deal. Plus, you get the JCW Aero exterior package.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:58 PM
Sauron
2nd Gear
Right. It's August. Where's that order sheet and pricing list? Help? Anyone???

Old 08-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Dodgy
3rd Gear
Gabe at MotoringFile is still suggesting the updated US configurator and pricing will be available in August (just not specifically when in August). Given that pricing was originally expected in July (and then delayed), I understand his lack of specifics. Although I'm curious as to why the pricing was delayed...

My mind says wait for a 2011--it's a no-brainer, but man is the waiting hard, especially when I don't know what the price difference really is, nor how long I'll have to wait!

Old 08-02-2010, 08:54 PM
sobiloff
Neutral
The Euro's been falling against the dollar since January, but it looks like it's bottomed-out in June and headed back up; we're almost back to the Feb/Mar/Apr levels. That's probably causing some pricing revisions not in our favor, unfortunately.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:10 AM
Slartibartfast
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sobiloff
The Euro's been falling against the dollar since January, but it looks like it's bottomed-out in June and headed back up; we're almost back to the Feb/Mar/Apr levels. That's probably causing some pricing revisions not in our favor, unfortunately.
I suspected as much. The wife is starting to soften up some on a purchase decision, but as it stands now our debt load is way too high and I may have to wait on the 2012s (maybe R58/R59). So Dodgy, hang in there!

Old 08-03-2010, 09:38 AM
Dodgy
3rd Gear
I'm trying to hang in there!

Sobiloff, I wonder how much of the costs that the US revenue goes against is priced in Euros (like the Countryman, I'm sure) vs. Sterling (with the UK production). I know it won't get me pricing sooner, but these are the things that occupy my mind in the meantime!

Old 08-03-2010, 04:25 PM
xspider
Neutral
Originally Posted by BecsToy
I haven't heard when MY2011 building starts, but have heard that HD & Satellite radio with a 1 year subscription will be standard.
That is true about the satellite Radio. Also, the 2011 sports model will have 181 Hp.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:26 PM
jtbrown
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by BecsToy
Glad I got my 2010 then... I have zero interest in a satellite service and would hate to have to pay for something I wouldn't want.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:32 PM
sobiloff
Neutral
Originally Posted by jtbrown
Glad I got my 2010 then... I have zero interest in a satellite service and would hate to have to pay for something I wouldn't want.
...and, conversely, I'm really happy about it because my wife likes the SiriusXM subscription I have for my truck and now she can have it in her upcoming ride, too.

Old 08-04-2010, 05:24 AM
Slartibartfast
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by jtbrown
The one year subscription is free. At the end of the year you can let it expire. It doesn't cost you anything. Sirius and HD are $1000 worth of options on 2010 and are standard on 2011...remains to be seen how much the base price will increase to accommodate these "free" features, but I would guess around $300-$500...we'll see, soon I hope.

Old 08-04-2010, 06:58 AM
jtbrown
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Slartibartfast
The one year subscription is free. At the end of the year you can let it expire. It doesn't cost you anything. Sirius and HD are $1000 worth of options on 2010 and are standard on 2011...remains to be seen how much the base price will increase to accommodate these "free" features, but I would guess around $300-$500...we'll see, soon I hope.
Yes, the 1 year is free... then when I let it expire I have a satellite stereo system in the car that I'm not using. If it was just the HD that was standard, that's fine... don't force me to have something in my car that I need to pay extra to use once the free year is up.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:35 AM
sobiloff
Neutral
MINI sales figures

Caught this bit from yesterday's press release:

MINI Brand Sales
MINI USA reported sales of 4,326 automobiles, a decrease of 11.2 percent from the 4,872 cars sold last year. The drop in sales was affected by the Cash for Clunkers program that took place in July and August of 2009 and boosted sales volume. Excluding this one-off, the brand's sales performance would have been ahead of last July. Year-to-date, MINI USA also reported sales of 25,279 automobiles, a slight decrease of 1.9 percent and nearly on par with the 25,757 units sold last year. In a segment that is down double digits year-to-date, the brand continued to gain market share.

Quick Reply: R56 2011 Ordering