R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Back pillars on the R55

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 12:07 PM
zvav
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back pillars on the R55

I've been perusing R55's for sale and I can't make rhyme or reason of the back pillars (I don't know if that's the technical term).

Sometimes they match the rest of the car, sometimes they match the roof, sometimes they match the stripes. (I don't think I've seen any that don't fit to one of these three, but I wouldn't be surprised!)

Can anyone clear up for me the way one would chose your exterior colors regarding the pillars when one purchased a new R55? And how switch-able are they if you see an R55 you like, except for the pillars?

Thanks!

Old 06-12-2017, 01:18 PM
SammiLiveoak
Neutral
Mine were black, along with the roof. The car is eclipse grey.

You can easily wrap them. I chose to match other accents on my car.

Save
Save
Save

Old 06-12-2017, 01:24 PM
zvav
Neutral
Originally Posted by SammiLiveoak
Mine were black, along with the roof. The car is eclipse grey.

You can easily wrap them. I chose to match other accents on my car.

Save
Save
Save
Cool, thanks!

Old 06-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Terry F.
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by zvav
I've been perusing R55's for sale and I can't make rhyme or reason of the back pillars (I don't know if that's the technical term).

Sometimes they match the rest of the car, sometimes they match the roof, sometimes they match the stripes. (I don't think I've seen any that don't fit to one of these three, but I wouldn't be surprised!)

Can anyone clear up for me the way one would chose your exterior colors regarding the pillars when one purchased a new R55? And how switch-able are they if you see an R55 you like, except for the pillars?

Thanks!
Body color, grey roof and rear trim or black roof and rear trim were the choices, I believe. Beyond that, they would be mods. Like mine, which was once grey trimmed....

Terry

Old 06-14-2017, 07:36 AM
mashby
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I think it all comes down to personal choice.

I like the look of the tail light finishers and the rear bumper top cover matching the color of the car because it has a cleaner look. I also like the C Pillar in black so that it matches the trim of the windows.

I had a similar question that I posed in this thread that shows the look I like.

Hope that helps!

The following users liked this post:
ECSTuning (06-14-2017)
Old 06-14-2017, 02:23 PM
bugeye1031
Received 80 Likes on 75 Posts
When I ordered my Clubman S in 2008, I believe the choices were restricted to matching the roof - either black or silver. I believe that as MINI added color choices in later model years, they also offered some different choices on the C pillars and the tail light finishers.

Terry F. - I like what you did. Nice touch with the additional little sections of chrome trip to connect the chrome under the rear side windows to the chrome on the barn doors. Like that!

Old 06-14-2017, 02:37 PM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Originally Posted by mashby
I think it all comes down to personal choice.

I like the look of the tail light finishers and the rear bumper top cover matching the color of the car because it has a cleaner look. I also like the C Pillar in black so that it matches the trim of the windows.

I had a similar question that I posed in this thread that shows the look I like.

Hope that helps!

Yes those are it, thaks for the mention. You could switch out black or silver. Later on MINI have white, and some other colors/

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 06-19-2017, 07:18 PM
spiney
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Our Pepper White 2012 with body colour roof has black pillars, light finishers, and top of the bumper.