R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Drivers side backuplight problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 11:59 AM
samakijoe
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drivers side backuplight problem

I have a 2009 clubman

I am not getting power to this socket. Trying to find the fuse to just the drivers side. also do you have guide to the symbols on the inside fuse cover.
Thanks
Joe D.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:23 PM
mashby
3rd Gear
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The reverse light only works on the passenger side. The driver's side is for a rear foglight if you have that option.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:48 PM
samakijoe
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the backup light situation. But, I thought it's against the law to have a "white" light at the rear of the car while your going down the road. I bought the car used so I guess the PO chased the same problem for a while too and installed a white bulb.

So, do new cars coming off the line have a "yellow" bulb back there or is this (white bulb) legal back on the other side of the pond?

I'm thinking of rewiring the dead bulb to the other backup bulb so I will have two bulbs when backing out of my parking spot at Wally World..

Double your pleasure, double your fun.. As they use to say.

NB: Don't feel embarrassed if you need to ask what/who "Wally World" is..

Old 06-21-2017, 04:40 PM
schatzy62
OVERDRIVE
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by samakijoe
Thanks for the heads up on the backup light situation. But, I thought it's against the law to have a "white" light at the rear of the car while your going down the road. I bought the car used so I guess the PO chased the same problem for a while too and installed a white bulb.
It is illegal to have a while light at the rear while driving unless backing up. The left (drivers) side should have a red lens at the bottom and the right side should have a clear lens at the bottom.

if there is a while lens at the bottom on the left the lens was changed to a British/Japanese lens as they drive on the opposite side of the road so the reverse light and fog light are swapped.
So, do new cars coming off the line have a "yellow" bulb back there or is this (white bulb) legal back on the other side of the pond?
No the fog light bulb is whilte but the lens is red as mentioned above
I'm thinking of rewiring the dead bulb to the other backup bulb so I will have two bulbs when backing out of my parking spot at Wally World..
Somewhere here on NAM is a DIY on how to do that.

Old 06-22-2017, 11:15 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
+1 White clear lens light on the rear right, and rear fog light on the left. Rear fog light does not work unless activated or coded. This is for US or LHD clubmans.

We carry a Ziza backup light for the backup light now:

https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSearch/ES3209815/

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172