R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 How

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 08:15 PM
chav
4th Gear
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
How

I have a 2009 clubby and I want to get low. I had a 2007 r56 and put on H&R springs on and the car looked great and I had some camber with any problems. I was wondering if I can still do the same thing on my car.. I have been looking a Lowering springs and coil overs. I don't have the money to buy brand new stuff but wanted some inside thoughts on what to do. The car currently has 120k all stock. if I did the lowering springs do I really need the camber arms? does the sway bars really do anything? what if I got coil overs?

Another question is about the boost radio.. IT IS BAD. Anything I can do to make this better? didn't want to have to put a whole new system in. thought about putting a sub in the car but would that help? and I have seen a switch thing? no idea what it does or how it works or even if it does work but I saw it for sale and I'm clueless.

Thanks, Nathan !

Last edited by chav; 04-06-2016 at 08:18 PM. Reason: title is not complete sorry guys...
Old 04-07-2016, 08:21 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,966 Likes on 1,766 Posts
Hello,

For springs MINI Clubman : https://www.ecstuning.com/Mini-2009-...nsion/Springs/

You will not need them unless your really drop it. Like on coilovers or air.

Radio improvements: : Front/Rear Channel Swap

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...nnel-swap.html

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 04-09-2016, 10:35 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
R55 Clubman Springs

Originally Posted by chav
I have a 2009 clubby and I want to get low. I had a 2007 r56 and put on H&R springs on and the car looked great and I had some camber with any problems. I was wondering if I can still do the same thing on my car.. I have been looking a Lowering springs and coil overs. I don't have the money to buy brand new stuff but wanted some inside thoughts on what to do. The car currently has 120k all stock. if I did the lowering springs do I really need the camber arms? does the sway bars really do anything? what if I got coil overs?

Another question is about the boost radio.. IT IS BAD. Anything I can do to make this better? didn't want to have to put a whole new system in. thought about putting a sub in the car but would that help? and I have seen a switch thing? no idea what it does or how it works or even if it does work but I saw it for sale and I'm clueless.

Thanks, Nathan !
Hi Nathan! Here is an article that might answer your questions regarding lowering you R55 Clubman. http://new.minimania.com/MINI_Cooper_Lowering_Springs

Please note the final paragraph: "Lowering springs will add negative camber to the rear. For best results, you should add adjustable rear control arms to correct the rear camber after lowering your car. If you choose not to correct the rear camber, your rear tires will wear unevenly and require early replacement. The front camber is not affected. Install the rear adjustable control arms and have the alignment corrected."

Here is another article that can help:

http://new.minimania.com/Mini_Cooper...e_Control_Arms

Finally, a great Mini Cooper Performance Upgrade Guide!

http://new.minimania.com/Mini_Cooper..._for_your_Mini

Old 04-10-2016, 09:44 AM
daddyandmadi
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Stereo wise, look up channel swap. The stock stereo has the bass switched front to back. I'm debating a small powered under seat sub to add a little bass. Look up integral audio for a good install guide. And I dream system.

Old 04-10-2016, 03:32 PM
chav
4th Gear
great thanks! keep the good information coming!

Old 04-11-2016, 03:36 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
Welcome! Let us know if we can help!

Old 04-11-2016, 08:05 PM
chav
4th Gear
Okay so after looking into the channel swap I see there is a diy but no photos I wouldn't mind trying it myself before giving in to the $60 channel swap. Also I have decided to go with some coilovers and depending on the camber I will be getting some control arms.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:41 PM
Mini Mania
Banned
R55 Coilovers, Control Arms

Originally Posted by chav
Okay so after looking into the channel swap I see there is a diy but no photos I wouldn't mind trying it myself before giving in to the $60 channel swap. Also I have decided to go with some coilovers and depending on the camber I will be getting some control arms.
Sounds great! Please let us know if you need any help with selection. We have several available

http://new.minimania.com/Search_Resu...ilover/default

12% OFF. Excludes Sales items and Special Orders Parts
Promo Code: CelebrateApril

Last edited by Mini Mania; 04-12-2016 at 02:39 PM.