R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Electrical problems with indicators, windows, dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 04:50 PM
Moshu-Clubman
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical problems with indicators, windows, dashboard

I recently got the alternator replaced. The car now runs well but there's an issue with the electronics. After the alternator was replace the car's was working completely fine with the windows all the dashboard lights and indicators. The car then sat for about a month without being used.

A few days ago I came back in town and the car still runs fine but my hazard lights, which are also part of the indicator system don't work. The dashboard does not light up but it does have its systematic and functional lights. Also the reverse light does not work, and the headlights always stay on when the car is running even when I turned it off with the switch. The windows also do not respond and nor does the dome light come on when I open the door.

I have been checking the fuses and have not found anything wrong so I am a bit puzzled as to what is going on.

If anyone has come across this I would appreciate your suggestions or solution

Old 09-11-2015, 03:13 AM
grussell
4th Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
How old is your battery? If the battery is weak it can cause all kinds of electrical issues. First thing I would do is check the charge and have it load tested at a parts store. When your Mini sat for a month was it in a garage or outside?

Old 09-16-2015, 09:04 AM
PelicanParts.com
Vendor
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by grussell
How old is your battery? If the battery is weak it can cause all kinds of electrical issues. First thing I would do is check the charge and have it load tested at a parts store. When your Mini sat for a month was it in a garage or outside?
+1
Did you test it and figure out your issue?

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 09-17-2015, 07:09 AM
ECSTuning
Platinum Sponsor
Received 1,965 Likes on 1,765 Posts
Originally Posted by Moshu-Clubman
I recently got the alternator replaced. The car now runs well but there's an issue with the electronics. After the alternator was replace the car's was working completely fine with the windows all the dashboard lights and indicators. The car then sat for about a month without being used.

A few days ago I came back in town and the car still runs fine but my hazard lights, which are also part of the indicator system don't work. The dashboard does not light up but it does have its systematic and functional lights. Also the reverse light does not work, and the headlights always stay on when the car is running even when I turned it off with the switch. The windows also do not respond and nor does the dome light come on when I open the door.

I have been checking the fuses and have not found anything wrong so I am a bit puzzled as to what is going on.

If anyone has come across this I would appreciate your suggestions or solution

Check the battery first. Do you have a sunroof ? And was it left outside in the rain ?

Thanks

MINI Guru/ MINI Owner Since 2004 | NEW Lifetime Part Replacement | Local Pickup
Milltek | Genuine MINI | Forge Motorsport | NM Engineering | ECS Performance | M7 Speed
Customer Service Hours: 8am-8pm EST|Sales Team Hours: 8am-11pm | SAT 10am-7pm 800.924.5172
Old 07-13-2016, 08:54 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
the FRM (Footwell Module) is dead. replaced it. also check https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...solutions.html