R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 MINI Clubman Joy

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Surfink
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI Clubman Joy

Went for a ride with my wife yesterday and got on Mulholland and pulled over to let her drive..She was surprised( I have been very possesive towards the car) and excited to say the least. She was a little rough on the shifts,(her car is a hybrid Camry)but worked it out. The look of enjoyment and sastification while driving was so evident on her face due to her intense attention. She kept exclaiming "how fun!" She didn't like the part of the road with no guard rail so we'll take another route on the next outing. My wife and I always love road trips and now I see the Clubman can make those more enjoyable. Like I said,Mini Clubman Joy.....YeeeHaaa

Old 01-05-2009, 05:22 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Surfink, I know how your wife feels!

I have only had my Clubman since Saturday. Today was my first full day in her (I drive to my clients homes and was on both the interstate and back roads). It was incredible,, I swear I think Mini puts some sort of elixir in the ventilation system to produce this euphoric feeling.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Wolfeee
6th Gear
Hey Surfink...glad to see someone else is possessive too... I barely let hubby drive the car...and I when I say he can drive...which is rare.. He stutters.. I, I can? Yeah just this once tho!!! Glad you are enjoying!!

Old 01-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Agreed, 99% of the time I drive my MINI Clubman, but it's fun to share sometimes, too.

cabwy, congrats - did you post on the "Show Us..." thread? Perhaps I've missed it?

Old 01-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Craig6z
2nd Gear
I can't seem to generate much enthusiasm from my wife, when I ask her if she wants to drive the Clubman. She seems to enjoy riding in the passenger seat, but pushes back when I ask her to take the wheel. This hasn't been the case with other cars that were my primary vehicle.

Should I suggest couples counseling?

Old 01-06-2009, 06:17 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Otra
Agreed, 99% of the time I drive my MINI Clubman, but it's fun to share sometimes, too.

cabwy, congrats - did you post on the "Show Us..." thread? Perhaps I've missed it?
Hey Otra!! I actually posted pictures on the Official Pepper White Clubman thread,, should I post on the Show Us thread also? I hate to bombard everyone.....

Old 01-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Otra
6th Gear
Absolutely, though you won't be able to post the exact same photos. (NAM won't let you.) My point of view is that not everyone can follow every thread but if one checks out the main "Show Us..." thread, they can at least keep up with the newest ones.

Originally Posted by Craig6z
I can't seem to generate much enthusiasm from my wife, when I ask her if she wants to drive the Clubman. She seems to enjoy riding in the passenger seat, but pushes back when I ask her to take the wheel. This hasn't been the case with other cars that were my primary vehicle.

Should I suggest couples counseling?
Hmm, this is a highly unusual symptom - possibly of a deep seated issue your wife may have. Hey, all the more driving for you, right?

Old 01-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sharing is a good thing....

Donna

Old 01-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Surfink
4th Gear
Donna&Mike, On the sharing:Couldn't agree more. It meant alot to my wife as well. I need to do it more often..Oh the simple joys really are the best aren't they.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:41 PM
cabwy
6th Gear
Thanks Otra!! I just love showing Sloopy off!! I know all of you have said this before but I have to say it again,,,, driving a clubbie is so much fun.

I don't have too many pictures, other than the first day shots-- I swear it has rained every day since I picked her up but here is the link so I don't upset the NAM sensors..... well,, I forgot which thread I was on,,, I will put the link on the "Show Us" thread.....

Old 01-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Donna/Mike
Sand Dollar Collector
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Surfink
Donna&Mike, On the sharing:Couldn't agree more. It meant alot to my wife as well. I need to do it more often..Oh the simple joys really are the best aren't they.
Yes they are - those little things that mean a lot to our other halves that sometimes we take for granted or just don't think about often enough.

Donna