R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Laser Blue Clubman Owner's Club

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 07:48 AM
RadishAttack
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by RadishAttack; 10-13-2008 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:10 PM
burbankianmini
1st Gear
About time someone started a thread on Laser blue clubman. I am still waiting for mine.Is it me or the photos do not do the Laser blue justice as I was torn between this color and Lightning Blue but my wife loves this color more. Every time I see Laser blue in pictures/photos on the web it frightens me but when I see it in person I fall in love with the color too. So is it just me or the color?

Old 08-10-2008, 01:49 PM
tookietookie
1st Gear
Photos -definitely- do not do Laser Blue justice. I've spent months on this forum thinking the Clubman was flat out ugly until the other day...

*coughs* And now I'm in line for a La/B Clubman... Laser Blue is gorgeous in person.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:56 PM
RadishAttack
2nd Gear

Last edited by RadishAttack; 08-14-2008 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:06 PM
ART ED
4th Gear
Hey, you have my car! I also got the chrome line interior and exterior which I think adds a nice finish to it. Some folks find that too busy or "glaring", but I have always been fond of chrome on cars.

Last edited by ART ED; 10-14-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:13 PM
RadishAttack
2nd Gear

Last edited by RadishAttack; 08-14-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:19 PM
nclin
2nd Gear
I have a laser blue Clubman S with Silver roof, mirrors and "C" Pillars. People come up to me and say "Is that your MINI?" When I say "yes", they say "She's absolutely beautiful." I agree. I think the laser blue is makes my Clubman!

Old 08-11-2008, 12:22 PM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by burbankianmini
About time someone started a thread on Laser blue clubman. I am still waiting for mine.Is it me or the photos do not do the Laser blue justice as I was torn between this color and Lightning Blue but my wife loves this color more. Every time I see Laser blue in pictures/photos on the web it frightens me but when I see it in person I fall in love with the color too. So is it just me or the color?
Nope, not just you! I agree 100% on Laser Blue not photographing accurately at all! I've posted about it several times and, like you, I always seem to cringe whenever I see one on-line because it doesn't look very good to me. In person, the color is really beautiful, rich, and wet-looking (a striking eye-catcher in a line of MINIs), while in photos it seems to take on a dulled, pearl-y, almost "superman hue". I think it may be due to the "pearl" component in the metal flake grabbing the light a certain way. AAMOF, we would never have chosen it from the configurator or on-line photos. My best advice to anyone would be to check it out in person, if at all possible, then decide!

Regardless, we love it and would choose it all over again, but the key to capturing it's true beauty in pictures might be in shooting it early or late in the day avoiding the bright glare of the sun. I need to try that out soon and post here, but for sure, count me in!

Last edited by 3DogDepot; 08-11-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:02 PM
BigWave
1st Gear
I've had my mini for about 6 weeks and what a fun 6 weeks.

Old 08-11-2008, 07:18 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW! BigWave, what a gorgeous Clubman!

Old 08-12-2008, 09:22 AM
ClubDal
3rd Gear
+1 for pictures not doing it justice!!!

Galileo just got a bath this weekend (dear hubby was bored while I was napping...think I need to do that more often! ). I really need to try to get a few shots while he's still sparkling so bright! Stops me in my tracks everytime.

I'm especially loving the interaction of the silver and laser blue. When I first looked at the Clubman in the configurator, I was iffy about the C-Pillars being a contrasting color and just didn't think any of them looked right. But now that I see Galileo everyday...and I saw the NFR/S Clubman driving down the road yesterday...they TOTALLY make the car!!!

(Oh, and I'm definitely attracted to all things sparkly )

Old 08-12-2008, 09:09 PM
MiniBertile
2nd Gear
We've had our laser blue for a little over a week now and have over 500 miles on it. We love it. The color is amazing in person.

We blacked out the beltline since we took these pics.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:55 PM
davidbod
1st Gear
I managed to snap 4 pictures of "Laser Blue Ray" or just Ray for short while the wife and I were picking him up at the dealership (check out my gallery). While the pics were not planned, they do show the laser blue in different light conditions and how it changes. I think it is such a reflective color, that when caught using a flash or in bright direct sunlight, it tends to reflect so much that it washes out the color. Photos look better without a flash and in more diffuse light conditions. I have intended to take more pictures, the only problem is every time I go out to take them, I end up driving it instead.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:54 PM
badzboy11
1st Gear
Here is a pic of mine. Tried several cameras and none of them can get a good pic.
Name:  clubman006.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  50.4 KB

Old 10-12-2008, 06:14 PM
maacodale
4th Gear
Not too many Laser Blue Clubman (Clubmen?) here it appears. Ours is in production now. We should see it early Nov we're told. That's about what our 07 Mellow Yellow MCS took. Does it appear Laser Blue is a bit less popular than the other colors? We certainly have a very slow Owner's Club thread going. I wonder how much of it has to do with the afore mentioned color/photgraphing issues? As stated, the color looks WAAAAY better in person! Makes an even bigger difference than the Sparkling Silver, which also looks very different in person.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Lil Blue Coop/Mini Rose
5th Gear
We just ordered one, hope to have by Christmas.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:53 PM
badzboy11
1st Gear
I dont think that many are out there because the pics of this color are no good. Every time someone sees ours they love the color. A couple people I talked to said they didn't order it because they did not get to see the color in person. Once they see the color in person they want to order it.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:19 AM
Casey Jones
3rd Gear
I'll add pictures of MINE in late Feb, or early March. When it finally arrives.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:05 PM
maacodale
4th Gear
Hopefully I'll be able to post pics of mine by the end of the month. Thinking really more like the first of November.

I agree, our color NEEDS to be seen to be appreciated.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:37 PM
ART ED
4th Gear
Here is one of my labs!

Hauling the dogs is integral to our lifestyle so we got these cool mats from poochstyle.com to do the job.

Attached Thumbnails Laser Blue Clubman Owner's Club-pooch1.jpg   Laser Blue Clubman Owner's Club-pooch2.jpg   Laser Blue Clubman Owner's Club-pooch3.jpg  
Old 10-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Alphawave
LB has 'speed' written all over it! Beautiful color, a digicams obviously need to play catch-up on this one!

Old 10-15-2008, 05:25 PM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
Hi all:

Anxiously awaiting my LB Clubby as it sails over the pond for a 10-18 arrival in the states! I, too, have wondered why the pics don't seem to represent LB accurately and I thought... gee, should I have gone with a different color? Thanks to all for reassuring me that I remember my reason for choosing it correctly.

I can't wait!

Old 10-15-2008, 08:49 PM
maacodale
4th Gear
What? Ya wanna look like all the other Clubbies out there? You're darn right ya chose the right color! Laser Blue all the way! You bought a MINI to be different, don't drink the Kool Aid and fall for one of the "more popular" colors! No, I say! Break the mold! Go with the color that makes your blood pump! Laser Blue!!!!

Now if mine could just find it's way to the ship.....

Originally Posted by OctoberMCC
Hi all:

Anxiously awaiting my LB Clubby as it sails over the pond for a 10-18 arrival in the states! I, too, have wondered why the pics don't seem to represent LB accurately and I thought... gee, should I have gone with a different color? Thanks to all for reassuring me that I remember my reason for choosing it correctly.

I can't wait!

Old 10-15-2008, 08:54 PM
maacodale
4th Gear
Just a quick check of ol.miniusa.com and it says the my new Clubman (which we've named Gizmo) really is waiting to get on a boat! I was being a bit optimistic in the prior post! Getting closer! Looks like I'll have to add the other badge to my signature fairly soon!

Old 10-16-2008, 09:09 PM
OctoberMCC
1st Gear
Originally Posted by maacodale
What? Ya wanna look like all the other Clubbies out there? You're darn right ya chose the right color! Laser Blue all the way! You bought a MINI to be different, don't drink the Kool Aid and fall for one of the "more popular" colors! No, I say! Break the mold! Go with the color that makes your blood pump! Laser Blue!!!!

Now if mine could just find it's way to the ship.....
Well said. I don't think any of us bought our Minis to be the least bit like anyone else

I feel your pain, waiting for a spot on a ship... Mine is nearing the US now, with just a couple of days left in its voyage and I can hardly take it as I count the days for it to finish transport to dealer and get are shiny for me.

Damn those engineers for not finding a way to teleport our cars right to us from the assembly line!

Quick Reply: R55 Laser Blue Clubman Owner's Club