R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Laser Blue Clubman Owner's Club

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 09:21 AM
ClubDal
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OctoberMCC
Well said. I don't think any of us bought our Minis to be the least bit like anyone else
I discovered Laser Blue in my efforts to NOT be like everyone else! I was looking at Lightning Blue but kept seeing it on the road. I wasn't quite sold on it and didn't want to be like everyone else so I asked the dealership if there was a Laser Blue ANYWHERE that I could take a look at. Thankfully they had a hardtop on the back of the lot for another customer...and I was SOLD!

Old 10-18-2008, 07:12 PM
gbsim
3rd Gear
Love my Laser Blue!!!!
Up to 1200 miles now... photos in my gallery!

Old 10-20-2008, 10:31 AM
burbankianmini
1st Gear
just saw a laserblue S with silver top while driving on I5 south around the burbank area anyone from the forums? looked over as were side to side driver did not acknowledge

Old 11-09-2008, 08:09 PM
maacodale
4th Gear
Well, our Clubman, Gizmo, finally made it to town. I was afraid he was gonna show up last weekend, when we were in Miami for a convention. He showed up Thursday and we brought him home Friday. Came in just the way he was ordered and everything looks great! Here's some shots. I just noticed I don't have any of the rear or passenger side. I'll get some sooner or later.
Name:  MINI017.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  151.7 KB
Name:  MINI020.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  147.5 KB
Name:  MINI005.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  155.5 KB
Name:  MINI028.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  128.3 KB
Happy daughter!

Old 11-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Casey Jones
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by maacodale
Well, our Clubman, Gizmo,

Happy daughter!
great pictures! thanks for sharing.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:46 AM
burbankianmini
1st Gear
reminds me of a old toyota commercial oh what a feeling!!!

Old 11-10-2008, 12:03 PM
maacodale
4th Gear
Too funny! But you're right.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:37 AM
rlw
3rd Gear
Newest member of the LB Club!

I guess I'm the newest member of the LB Club, I picked up my car last week. It is a (gently) used Clubman S that came to me with only 3,880 miles on the clock. I've put about 500 mi. on it since then and I'm totally thrilled with the car.

I have also made a few additions to it since then. I found the stretchy seatcover that my wife never uses for her Toyota Matrix (also a blue model but Toyota calls it Speedway Blue) and found that it fit my seat almost perfectly.

I also snagged an armrest from an eBay vendor for $85 instead of the $250 that Mini wants for theirs =8^0 I installed it a few days ago and it works great, now my right elbow has a proper resting place!

I'm pretty hapy with the car as it stands right now, but I could sear that my hood scoop looks like it sagging just a wee bit in the center. I'm gonna watch this closely. If it gets worse, I'm making a warranty claim.

Anyway, it's nice to find this exclusive club and I'm proud to be the newest member!!

-RW-

Old 02-11-2009, 10:58 AM
jointheclubman
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by rlw
I guess I'm the newest member of the LB Club, I picked up my car last week. It is a (gently) used Clubman S that came to me with only 3,880 miles on the clock. I've put about 500 mi. on it since then and I'm totally thrilled with the car.

I have also made a few additions to it since then. I found the stretchy seatcover that my wife never uses for her Toyota Matrix (also a blue model but Toyota calls it Speedway Blue) and found that it fit my seat almost perfectly.

I also snagged an armrest from an eBay vendor for $85 instead of the $250 that Mini wants for theirs =8^0 I installed it a few days ago and it works great, now my right elbow has a proper resting place!

I'm pretty hapy with the car as it stands right now, but I could sear that my hood scoop looks like it sagging just a wee bit in the center. I'm gonna watch this closely. If it gets worse, I'm making a warranty claim.

Anyway, it's nice to find this exclusive club and I'm proud to be the newest member!!

-RW-
Congrats rlw on your Clubman! But we need some pictures to go along with that story

Old 02-11-2009, 11:31 AM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rlw

-RW-
Congrats and welcome to the elite LB Club! Good Luck photographing it -- It's a real challenge to get it right! What else ya got on it?

BTW, I know just the Toyota "Speedway Blue" you're talking about. When we first ordered our LB Clubbie, we noticed a friend from church parked her Tundra P/U near us and couldn't help mentioning we had just ordered that same color in a MINI Clubman! We never got them side-by-side once we took delivery, but I've always wondered just how close the two colors really are -- Was it my imagination or are they nearly identical?

Old 02-11-2009, 12:06 PM
rlw
3rd Gear

Wow, thanks for the speedy replies and warm welcome! You guys are much nicer (and smarter and more handsome) than the folks in the Mellow Yellow Owners Club....

Just kidding!!

Someone asked for some pictures, I've inserted some links to a web album, I hope they work! Someone else wondered if the Toyota color is almost the same as our Minis'. In fact, it is VERY close. I'd say the Toyota's color is ever so slightly darker and is not quite as metallicy. I also took some pictures of the two cars side by side, but they're still in my camera. I'll try to upload them tonight.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rlwainwr...31504432414930
http://picasaweb.google.com/rlwainwr...31509881881282
http://picasaweb.google.com/rlwainwr...31511512734146

And here's one of my wife - in a bikini!! Eat yer hearts out, fellas, she's a keeper!! Not only is she way good-looking, she's also a great cook, and a real sweetie-pie!

http://picasaweb.google.com/rlwainwr...63061063833266

-RW-

Old 02-11-2009, 01:00 PM
rlw
3rd Gear
How do I enable picsa and stuff in my posts?

I'd like to add the Laser Blue Owner's Club graphic to my sig. However, the one I snatched off this forum is a GIF and the forum software complains that it's not a JPEG. What do I do to get that snappy graphic in all my future posts?

Thanks!

Old 02-11-2009, 02:20 PM
MINIdave
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Mine's at the VDC in Charleston, SC as we speak, should be in my driveway in less than 2 weeks! Whohoo!

RLW, open it in "Paint" and save as JPEG, easypeasy..........

Old 02-11-2009, 02:43 PM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rlw
Wow, thanks for the speedy replies and warm welcome! You guys are much nicer (and smarter and more handsome) than the folks in the Mellow Yellow Owners Club....

Just kidding!!

Someone asked for some pictures, I've inserted some links to a web album, I hope they work! Someone else wondered if the Toyota color is almost the same as our Minis'. In fact, it is VERY close. I'd say the Toyota's color is ever so slightly darker and is not quite as metallicy. I also took some pictures of the two cars side by side, but they're still in my camera. I'll try to upload them tonight.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rlwainwr...31504432414930
http://picasaweb.google.com/rlwainwr...31509881881282
http://picasaweb.google.com/rlwainwr...31511512734146

And here's one of my wife - in a bikini!! Eat yer hearts out, fellas, she's a keeper!! Not only is she way good-looking, she's also a great cook, and a real sweetie-pie!

http://picasaweb.google.com/rlwainwr...63061063833266

-RW-
Yup, we are a nice bunch ...and some of us are actually gals!

Thanks for the pix, looks great; now don't forget about the inside ones. Looking forward to the side-by-side shots of the two blues.

Glad someone chimed in on the owner's badge. I did mine so long ago I forgot where I copied it from and how I did it.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:19 PM
rlw
3rd Gear

Hello again!

3DogDepot wrote:

>>Glad someone chimed in on the owner's badge. I did mine so long ago I forgot where I copied it from and how I did it. <<

Where is this, I didn't see any posts about how to do it...

Here is a link to some pics of my Mini and my wife's Matrix - I put them in a Picasa web album called Mini vs Matrix:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rlwainwright/MiniVsMatrix

As you can see from the photos, the colors are virtually identical. And the funny thing is that my wife and I were absolutely adamant that our next car was gonna be this pretty shade of blue. The Toyota dealers tried to sell us other colors but we were not swayed. In fact, they had to go out of state to find our car.

And, when I started looking for a Mini, I was absolutley determined that the car had to be this color. It think part of the reason is that it reminds me of my wife's beautiful eyes - nothing in this world is prettier than a freckled redhead with blue eyes - YOWZA!!

Now all our friends know that if a beautiful blue car pulls up outside their house, the Wainwrights have arrived!

-RW-

Old 02-11-2009, 03:27 PM
rlw
3rd Gear
Test message to see if the new Sig is working...

Old 02-11-2009, 03:44 PM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rlw
Test message to see if the new Sig is working...
Looks good; just keep in mind that's a coupe. The Clubman badge is slightly different. I think I just copied someone else's.

Enjoyed your photos, BTW...and I know that both Laser Blue and Speedway Blue are far more spectacular in person!

Nice pic. of the Mrs., as well - No harm in a man being proud of his wife! She's lucky to have eyes as blue as our MINIs. Guess I'll have to settle for the car; it's been my favorite color since I was a child, though I was originally after Electric Blue with White.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:13 PM
rlw
3rd Gear
Ooooh, 3Dog, where can I find that LB Clubman sig file? I tried snatching yours, but it also includes a pic of the Clubman with Silver trim. And, ahem, everyone knows that the black trim is superior in every way!

And, oh yes, I'm quite proud of my wife. She really is a very sweet person - she has to be, she's been putting up with my shenanigans for 30 years

I am SO glad to have found this site, the folks here are a great bunch! I hope to be able to attend the upcoming Minis At The Dragon. It'd be great to put some faces to the names I'm starting to recognize...

Old 02-11-2009, 04:54 PM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by rlw
Ooooh, 3Dog, where can I find that LB Clubman sig file? I tried snatching yours, but it also includes a pic of the Clubman with Silver trim. And, ahem, everyone knows that the black trim is superior in every way!

And, oh yes, I'm quite proud of my wife. She really is a very sweet person - she has to be, she's been putting up with my shenanigans for 30 years

I am SO glad to have found this site, the folks here are a great bunch! I hope to be able to attend the upcoming Minis At The Dragon. It'd be great to put some faces to the names I'm starting to recognize...
Look under "MINIs in General", "General MINI Talk"; the 4th "sticky" from the top is about Signature Badges. They should be in there, black top and all (even though it's genetically inferior, LOL)!.

Congrats on 30 yrs. with the same gal; we got ya by a couple, 34 yrs. and counting!

Would love to meet up with everyone at the Dragon one day!

Old 02-11-2009, 04:56 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3Dog, are you comin' up this year? *please say yes*

Old 02-11-2009, 05:07 PM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
3Dog, are you comin' up this year? *please say yes*
Hey LadyG, Thanks for the shout out! Will have to talk to hubby and see if we could get away then. It would, no doubt, be great to get up to your beautiful neck of the woods!

Sadly, we recently lost our oldest "girl" so have suddenly become a 2DogDepot. Though a painful and most unwelcomed break, we now have a bit more flexibility with respect to travelling.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:36 PM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 3DogDepot
Sadly, we recently lost our oldest "girl" so have suddenly become a 2DogDepot. Though a painful and most unwelcomed break, we now have a bit more flexibility with respect to travelling.
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for your loss!

Sending hugs and good thoughts your way...

Old 02-12-2009, 07:05 AM
3DogDepot
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LadyGodiva
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry for your loss!

Sending hugs and good thoughts your way...
Thanks so much for your warm compassion! I know you understand how terribly painful it is; they are like children to us! It happened a few days after Christmas, so the hurt, while ever-present, is a little less "raw" now. We can only look forward to the day we'll meet up with her again at "Rainbow Bridge"...OMG, what a wonderful day that will be!!!

Old 02-12-2009, 07:41 AM
LadyGodiva
6th Gear
Originally Posted by 3DogDepot
I know you understand how terribly painful it is
Indeed, I do.

And despite that pain, we continue to bring them into our lives. Because really, what is the point of life without dogs?

*Sorry for the hijack. Carry on!*

Old 02-12-2009, 01:05 PM
maacodale
4th Gear
We'll pass along our sympathies as well. We had to put our pup down about 6 years ago. She was 13 and had right many issues, but to this day we still miss her. Good luck, and remember all you Laser Blue Clubbie buddies are with ya!

Quick Reply: R55 Laser Blue Clubman Owner's Club