R55 :: Clubman Talk (2008+) Discussions revolving around the extended wheelbase Clubman (R55) model.

R55 Anyone else have a MINI sitting on the dock in the UK right now?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 11:12 AM
joebeenimble
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else have a MINI sitting on the dock in the UK right now?

My 08 Clubman is sitting on the dock in the UK... has been for several days now. I wonder how many of you out there have MINIs in a similar situation.

Does anyone have (or know of someone who has) a MINI on the boat moving to the US or already states side?

I wonder if they are holding the MINIs in the UK until Feb 5 or so - so that they all get here around Feb 15th.

Can't wait for it...can you tell?

Old 02-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Tick
2nd Gear
I have one on the dock too, but I checked the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site this morning and it was booked on the Liberty leaving Southampton next Monday. Have you checked the WWL site today??

Mike

Old 02-01-2008, 11:33 AM
joebeenimble
2nd Gear
Dang you, Tick!!!

I checked the site twice today and no dice... when did your dealer estimate that your MINI would be delivered? What was your production date?

Thanks.

Also... what number do you enter on the WW site? I keep entering the last 7 of the VIN and keep getting a message in read saying something like they don't recognize my number.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:35 AM
cloud10
4th Gear
Originally Posted by joebeenimble
My 08 Clubman is sitting on the dock in the UK... has been for several days now. I wonder how many of you out there have MINIs in a similar situation.

Does anyone have (or know of someone who has) a MINI on the boat moving to the US or already states side?

I wonder if they are holding the MINIs in the UK until Feb 5 or so - so that they all get here around Feb 15th.

Can't wait for it...can you tell?
Check out 1st gear threads. There are a lot of us waiting for the Isolde to dock on the 10th in Port Hueneme.
I was on the list for the Clubby for 24 months and finally got to order in early December.
I know they didn't want the Clubmans to arrive before the intro date and the prespecs were done and waiting at the docks in early January. I doubt mine will get here for the 16th. All depends on the VDC.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Tick
2nd Gear
Dang you, Tick!!!

I checked the site twice today and no dice... when did your dealer estimate that your MINI would be delivered? What was your production date?

Thanks.

Also... what number do you enter on the WW site? I keep entering the last 7 of the VIN and keep getting a message in read saying something like they don't recognize my number.
My MA estimated end of Feb or early March, production date was Jan 23.

You'll need to put in the complete VIN, try it again...

Old 02-01-2008, 12:12 PM
club(wo)man
3rd Gear
I think the first round of west coast Clubbies (including mine and Cloud10s) are arriving on Isolde.

Joebee, are you on the east coast? It takes a lot less time to get them over there.

My Clubman, by the way, finished production on January 6th, and was loaded on the Isolde on the 21st... I feel your pain!

Old 02-01-2008, 12:46 PM
joebeenimble
2nd Gear
My production date was Jan 20... and I live on the east coast.

No way, Tick!!!! What gives... why does a latter prod. date get loaded before mine???

Fess up... whose palm did you grease?

Old 02-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Tick
2nd Gear
My production date was Jan 20... and I live on the east coast.

No way, Tick!!!! What gives... why does a latter prod. date get loaded before mine???

Fess up... whose palm did you grease?
It is my second time around...I did this way back in '04, could be customer loyality?

Really...it's the Oklahoma Mini Mafia, check it out at www.okmini.com

Old 02-01-2008, 12:59 PM
joebeenimble
2nd Gear
Sounds like I don't know the right people...

Quick question... I note that a lot of people are tracking vessels before they come to Southhampton for pick-up... where are they getting this information? How do they know which boats are going to pick up our MINIs?

I saw where someone said that a boat would be boarding 2/2... would I already know if mine were slated for that ship?

Old 02-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Tick
2nd Gear
Sounds like I don't know the right people...

Quick question... I note that a lot of people are tracking vessels before they come to Southhampton for pick-up... where are they getting this information? How do they know which boats are going to pick up our MINIs?

I saw where someone said that a boat would be boarding 2/2... would I already know if mine were slated for that ship?
Your can needs to "booked" for a ship first, the WWL site is linked from the 1st Gear forum (item 4). After you car is booked you will get a Cargo Status History page. Then on the WWL site click Customer Centre, Schedules and search by vessel name. At this point there may be more than one voyage number (the voyage number is on the Cargo Status History) when you click the correct voyage number the voyage details page will come up and that's where the ships schedule is found.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:23 PM
ClubmanS
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My 1/17 production clubby is still at the docks..

Old 02-01-2008, 03:32 PM
ptpiz
1st Gear
My car arrived at the docks 1/21 and it is still there. I check the status on the WWL site everyday, and still nothign comes up.

:(

We could also be booked with a different shipping company I hear

Old 02-01-2008, 07:20 PM
H3toMCC
1st Gear
Strings

All of the of the ocean carriers run what are called strings.

The WWL Southampton to NY String has departures typically twice a week departing on Sunday and Tuesday.

The WWL to CA string typically departs on every Monday.

Getting rolling stock on and off these ships is farily predicatble but not quite the science of swinging cargo containers and loading / unloading volumes are not constant so the scedules do jump around a day here or thier unlike container ships. Also if you have a large order shipping via Ro-Ro you can sometimes get them to add a port call to drop it where you want which also juggles thier scedules.

Another issue can be Southampton is typically the last call for these strings so they could end up with just MINI's contracted slots open on the ship, while the next ship might be able to load twice the alloted space.

Logistics is fun as you can probably tell it's what I do for a living. I told my WWL rep they had better unload my mini in one piece on the 10th from the Isolde.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:32 PM
rrcaniglia
6th Gear
Finished production on 31 Jan. No joy on the WWL site as of tonight. If it isn't going on WWL, how would we find out, other than to call the dealer?

Old 02-01-2008, 09:24 PM
08DSMCS
3rd Gear
Finished production on the 30th. Sitting on the dock. No info on the WW site for my VIN.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:57 PM
NJP
3rd Gear
MINI's at docks?? Be wary. Our MA told us that a Mini he sold "fell" off the dock somehow & it took awhile to find it in the DEEP water . That was in late Dec. NJP

Old 02-02-2008, 06:33 AM
MiniRee
3rd Gear
No news on shipping for me yet, either. Big sad...

Old 02-02-2008, 06:43 AM
goosefraba
3rd Gear
born on 18th... still at docks according to ASK MINI.

Old 02-02-2008, 05:42 PM
astra
4th Gear
My 1/24 built Clubby is booked on the Aida leaving today for the West coast

Old 02-02-2008, 08:03 PM
cloud10
4th Gear
Originally Posted by NJP
MINI's at docks?? Be wary. Our MA told us that a Mini he sold "fell" off the dock somehow & it took awhile to find it in the DEEP water . That was in late Dec. NJP
How sad! Sorry to chime in here, but that is horrible. It's bad enough to be exposed to the salt air, but falling in would be a total loss.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:04 PM
TomW
2nd Gear
Almost there...

Our Clubman is wrapping up production now - hopefully we will make it on the 2/11 departure to PH aboard the Turandot... Time will tell...

Old 02-03-2008, 01:45 AM
club(wo)man
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by TomW
Our Clubman is wrapping up production now - hopefully we will make it on the 2/11 departure to PH aboard the Turandot... Time will tell...

No reason to think otherwise. I look forward to seeing my fellow early adopters on the road here in So Cal!

Mine went thought the canal today. Whew! It's been a long trip already! Can't wait!

Old 02-03-2008, 08:09 AM
T&CMCSa
4th Gear
This may help clear the docks. They are loading up the Liberty. Our Clubman is booked on it leaving Monday the 4th. Arrives New York on the 12th. Arrives Charleston on the 17th.

Old 02-03-2008, 08:23 PM
joebeenimble
2nd Gear
I'm still showing my MINI sitting on the dock...

watching all of your's load and move out. Dammit.

T&C... what was your production date?

Old 02-03-2008, 08:25 PM
08DSMCS
3rd Gear
watching all of your's load and move out. Dammit.
+1

Quick Reply: R55 Anyone else have a MINI sitting on the dock in the UK right now?