R52 :: Cabrio Talk (2005-2008) Cooper and Cooper S convertible (R52) discussion.

R52 The Official Sidewalk Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:00 AM
Banjo
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving to NYC? Cool Im in NYC too! and also just purchased a sidewalk on pepper white. Take ownership of it around the end of the month. Where in the city are you moving too?

Adam

Originally Posted by sshaynak
This is actually my second MCC - the first got traded in for the child seat until my daughter said, "Daddy, I liked your old car." Was going to get the BRG w/Sidewalk, but the sparkling silver looked good at the dealership. HATE the run flat tires though - anybody else? Changing them tomorrow morning. If anybody needs some 195/55 Dunlop run flats w/11,000 miles on them, gimme a hollar.
1) Finally got out the camera
2) If it had a name, it would have come to me on the lot
3) MD - moving to NYC!
4) Sparkling Silver
5) Cooper (non S)
6) 30's for a bit more
7) keep meaning to apply but I'm busy procrastinating
8) "When the World Is Running Down, You Make the Best of What's Still Around" by The Police
9) CravenSpeed short shifter, DDM Works air intake, SFS Performance silicone radiator hoses, Screamin' Deamon ignition coil, Kingsborne 8.5 mm plug wires, Denso Iridium plugs, OutMotoring gauge faces.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:39 PM
IamSMC
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Banjo
Moving to NYC? Cool Im in NYC too! and also just purchased a sidewalk on pepper white. Take ownership of it around the end of the month. Where in the city are you moving too?

Adam
Nice. Another SW (will) joins the NYC contingent.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:00 AM
ozarkgolfer
3rd Gear
Can I join?

My wife and I have been lurking for a short while. I used to own a 1275GT back in England and we have been thinking of buying the new Mini. We went to our closest dealer, Baron BMW in Kansas City, yesterday. Stephanie, the sales gal and Samer, the accessory/Parts Manager went out of their way to help us look through what was on the lot. We test drove hardtops and verts, Coopers and S's, sticks and autos. We wanted a convertible S with a stick but the only model was the demo and I really did not want my new car to have 150 miles on the clock, driven in 5 mile bursts between the local traffic lights. We had just about given up on the idea of buying off the lot and having to order when Stephanie makes mention of one S convertible automatic 'out back' that has just come off the trailer.

A black Sidewalk convertible.

We pick it up next week after the dealer has prepped it and has had the aero kit installed. We are also thinking about having the stripes and checkered mirror covers.

Pictures to follow by the end of the week.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Sacha
2nd Gear
Congrats ozarkgolfer, cant wait to see those pics

Old 04-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Banjo
2nd Gear
sounds beautiful. I love black, but didnt want the dirt issues in nyc. I pick up my pepper white sidewalk in about three weeks. enjoy it.

Originally Posted by ozarkgolfer
My wife and I have been lurking for a short while. I used to own a 1275GT back in England and we have been thinking of buying the new Mini. We went to our closest dealer, Baron BMW in Kansas City, yesterday. Stephanie, the sales gal and Samer, the accessory/Parts Manager went out of their way to help us look through what was on the lot. We test drove hardtops and verts, Coopers and S's, sticks and autos. We wanted a convertible S with a stick but the only model was the demo and I really did not want my new car to have 150 miles on the clock, driven in 5 mile bursts between the local traffic lights. We had just about given up on the idea of buying off the lot and having to order when Stephanie makes mention of one S convertible automatic 'out back' that has just come off the trailer.

We pick it up next week after the dealer has prepped it and has had the aero kit installed. We are also thinking about having the stripes and checkered mirror covers.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Xbass
3rd Gear
Great story! We went to order a BRG Sidewalk, and then fell in LOVE with our White Silver (still in stock from the Auto Show). I just love all the Sidewalk colors (must be the Malt Brown Leather )

WELCOME IN orzarkgolfer - you are 027

Old 04-27-2008, 10:58 AM
Banjo
2nd Gear
xbass, I actually think you are right. It is definately the malt leather. I feel that the malt leather adds a touch of elegance not in the other versions. I love all of them, but that malt leather is something really special

Old 04-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Ubique
1st Gear
I agree. The Malt Leather is what sold me on the sidewalk edition. We should count ourselves as lucky that the US spec Sidewalks are still getting the malt brown leather. That is if you're a recent purchaser like me. All of the Sidewalks made for the UK market since week 10 production (beginning 2 Mar) no longer have the malt brown. The Sidewalks here now have black leather with the silver/white piping instead.

My sidewalk was a week 14 production and I checked and double checked that it would have the malt brown and not black. I told the dealer if the answer comes back from BMW HQ, black only, I wasn't buying.

I have yet to see a black leather Sidewalk, but I'm keeping my eyes open. When I do see one I'll try to take some pics. Maybe one of the local dealers will have one in soon.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Sacha
2nd Gear
I pick up my pepper white sidewalk in about three weeks.
Sound about the same timing as me, wonder who's gonna get the pepper white before

Same for me on the interior, the malt leather is what sold me about the car.

Old 04-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Banjo
2nd Gear
Oh I am getting it first!!! LOL Ship comes in to nyc first

Originally Posted by Sacha
Sound about the same timing as me, wonder who's gonna get the pepper white before

Same for me on the interior, the malt leather is what sold me about the car.

Old 04-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Sacha
2nd Gear
Oh I am getting it first!!! LOL Ship comes in to nyc first
Darn

Seriously, I wonder if they put the Canadian shipment in the same boat as the U.S shipment??

Old 04-27-2008, 02:22 PM
oxtox
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ozarkgolfer

wonderful timing! do post pics!

btw, my hybrid version of the brownflyer windscreen should come this week. i'll post pics so that those of you without windscreens will have another option to consider!

Old 04-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Xbass
3rd Gear
Hybrid version I just got our Brownflyer - SW version a few days ago, but the weather has been too cold to go topless (snowed Saturday...yuck!)...so it hasn't been installed yet. Is this the version you mean, or is it something different?

It will be interesting to see pics of the Black/silver piping Sidewalks, but - we were sold on Malt Brown at first sight last summer. I wonder why they switched???

Old 04-27-2008, 03:57 PM
sshaynak
2nd Gear
BTW, most of the cars coming into the north east us come through Newark, NJ but I don't know if the rest of the country gets them.
I was going to order a BRG Sidewalk with everything exactly as I wanted, but saw the Sparkling Silver Sidewalk on the lot - If they only had a top that matched the Sidewalk interior, I would have held out for BRG, but I like my color with the black top. A mini in hand is worth two on a boat to Newark.

Old 04-27-2008, 03:58 PM
sshaynak
2nd Gear
Answer to NYC - anywhere I can afford in Manhattan (which doesn't leave a lot of choices). I'll be looking for places in the next week.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:02 PM
oxtox
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Xbass
Hybrid version I just got our Brownflyer - SW version a few days ago, but the weather has been too cold to go topless (snowed Saturday...yuck!)...so it hasn't been installed yet. Is this the version you mean, or is it something different?

It will be interesting to see pics of the Black/silver piping Sidewalks, but - we were sold on Malt Brown at first sight last summer. I wonder why they switched???
a. by hybrid i meant that i had approached ev with an idea about a slightly different color scheme...you'll see it soon. i think it might look better with the brg and ab sidewalks. otherwise, it's the same.

b. the black interior looks good with silver and white sidewalks....but man it's gonna be hot. maybe the climate difference had something to do with it? anywho, i don't think i'd love the brg with black interior the way i do the malt brown.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Xbass
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by sshaynak
I was going to order a BRG Sidewalk with everything exactly as I wanted, but saw the Sparkling Silver Sidewalk on the lot - If they only had a top that matched the Sidewalk interior, I would have held out for BRG, but I like my color with the black top. A mini in hand is worth two on a boat to Newark.
That was our thought too!!! ... and there's something to be said about (almost...) instant gratification

Old 04-27-2008, 04:21 PM
Xbass
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by oxtox
a. by hybrid i meant that i had approached ev with an idea about a slightly different color scheme...you'll see it soon. i think it might look better with the brg and ab sidewalks. otherwise, it's the same.

b. the black interior looks good with silver and white sidewalks....but man it's gonna be hot. maybe the climate difference had something to do with it? anywho, i don't think i'd love the brg with black interior the way i do the malt brown.
a. Sounds interesting! Look forward to the pics.
b. BRG sidewalk with top down is totally classic! I haven't seen any BRG/Black cabrios yet, but it DOES seem a bit dark AND hot in warm weather.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Sacha
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by oxtox
You got my attention also, i'm just about to order one from brownflyer, but i'll wait for the pics also. Do you think it will look good on Pepper white?

Old 04-27-2008, 06:51 PM
J3kidford
2nd Gear
Here's a picture of my sidewalk edition of Brownflyer's windscreen. The brown pretty much perfectly matches the malt brown leather interior.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:56 PM
IamSMC
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by J3kidford
Here's a picture of my sidewalk edition of Brownflyer's windscreen. The brown pretty much perfectly matches the malt brown leather interior.
Nice. Appears you don't give up use of the rear passenger seats for passengers.

Old 04-27-2008, 08:04 PM
J3kidford
2nd Gear
Not at all. I put my teens back there all the time. (It's like having them in a cage!! LOL)

Old 04-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Xbass
3rd Gear
Does the seat fold forward to let passengers in the back without unclipping?

Old 04-27-2008, 10:36 PM
brownflyer
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by J3kidford

Nice SW Janet! Bahhhh ! I feel so left out....

Old 04-28-2008, 03:03 AM
J3kidford
2nd Gear
Thanks Ev. And thanks for the windscreen. I love it!

Quick Reply: R52 The Official Sidewalk Owners Club