R50/R53 :: Hatch Talk (2002-2006) Cooper (R50) and Cooper S (R53) hatchback discussion.

R50/53 Car stuck at Port for a month!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 02:07 PM
cooldude7
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car stuck at Port for a month!!!

I am just wondering if anyone had experience this or know anyone that had happened to them? Based on the tracking on Mini Lounge... it is at the port on April 22nd... and now it has been a month and I still haven't received my car yet

Old 05-19-2006, 02:35 PM
AndyWSea
5th Gear
Have you contacted your MA? Sometimes the OL doesn't update correctly.

Old 05-19-2006, 03:03 PM
cooldude7
2nd Gear
Yes, we obtain all the information from the MA now since we've been told that the OL doesnt update correctly. But basically my car docked on april 24th. and then.. my MA said we are expecting it on the 29th. The she pospond it to the 4th, then posponed it to the 12th then postpond it to the 16th now it is pospond to the 26. I am just so frustrated.... Does this sound like there is something that they are hiding?

Old 05-19-2006, 03:25 PM
glmini
3rd Gear
Yes, sounds like there is a problem they do not want to tell you about.

Old 05-19-2006, 03:30 PM
SouthernMINI
1st Gear
The 2 biggest reasons that it would stay that long at the port is either, they are having accessories installed at the VPC or but, hopefully not, there is damage on the car from the boat ride over. Those are the two biggest reason for it to sit so long.

Old 05-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Rossii
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your MA should be able to find out what the delay is.....simply by calling the port. But as mentioned the only reason for such a delay is that there is some damage to the car or service bulletin which is taken care at the VPC but this would have effected others.

Hope you get your car soon.

Old 05-19-2006, 05:09 PM
kenchan
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
probably a container fell on it and they're doing some PDR.
just kidding.

hope you get your car soon.

Old 05-19-2006, 09:46 PM
sddave
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by cooldude7
.... Does this sound like there is something that they are hiding?
Yes! Who is your dealer? I learned that the Dealers get printouts everyday and know the status of your car at all times. Sooo, it sounds like something is up.

Old 05-20-2006, 10:35 AM
cooldude7
2nd Gear
So what should I do? I got my car from BOB SMITH. The manager said they tried loading the car last week (which the car has been in the dealer for 2.5 weeks) .. but the sensor for the airbag turn on... so they unloaded the car and replace the part... since they dont have the part up there... they are waiting for this additional 10 days. but he never tell me what happen in the first 2.5 weeks. The weird thing is that my MA was telling me that the car was up there for waiting for the airbag sensor the whole time... it just doesnt seems to make sensors to me...
any advise? if the car is damage, should i still take it even though it is fixed? i was told that the car can't be sold if it has been previously damage

Old 05-20-2006, 10:44 AM
jollygreenmini
6th Gear
Check out this thread about what happens at the VDC, lots of info in there, may have the answers to your questions.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...ad.php?t=21112

Old 05-20-2006, 12:24 PM
illegalprelude
4th Gear
So what should I do? I got my car from BOB SMITH. The manager said they tried loading the car last week (which the car has been in the dealer for 2.5 weeks) .. but the sensor for the airbag turn on... so they unloaded the car and replace the part... since they dont have the part up there... they are waiting for this additional 10 days. but he never tell me what happen in the first 2.5 weeks. The weird thing is that my MA was telling me that the car was up there for waiting for the airbag sensor the whole time... it just doesnt seems to make sensors to me...
any advise? if the car is damage, should i still take it even though it is fixed? i was told that the car can't be sold if it has been previously damage
who are you talking with at Bob smith with? If anything, work with Jamie. She has always been superbly helpful and honest with me. If you need her info, let me know and I can tell you

Old 05-22-2006, 12:08 AM
cooldude7
2nd Gear
Hello everyone. I finally picked up my new MINI Cooper S. I actually picked up a car that wasn't ordered by me. This MINI is slightly differnt then mine. The person who ordered this MINI decided not to get it.

My buying experience has been a pain.... I will NOT recommend going to BOB SMITH for getting a car. However, I heard the service department is pretty good.

From the date I ordered my MINI, they have been telling me how good deal it is for me to get the car from them. (I am paying MSRP, is that really good deal?) after waiting for my MINI at the VDC for 2 weeks, my MA even told me to let her know if I want to cancel the order, I got such good deal on the car, and she is sure that she'll have no problem getting the car. Yesterday, when I picked up the car, they charge me on the floormat which they have sign and promise that they'll give it to me for free. They simply told me it was a mistake and they will do nothing with that mistake. I just thought this is really rediculous. But I have been really tired in this whole process already, I just don't have any more energy to argue with them.

Illegal prelude, I'll PM you for her info.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:35 AM
illegalprelude
4th Gear
A. if they said the mats are free, F them and demand it for free. (its not about the price but the fact they said its free).

Also, what do you mean thats not the car you ordered? Does it atleast have all the same features you had wanted?
With MSRP, Bob Smith charges a $3,000 markup so in a way, yea you got a good deal but South Bay MINI dosent charge a Markup and a few other places dont either so im sure you could have them match the same price as them but nobody gets a MINI under the MSRP price.

Again, I would by all means raise a world and a half of hell. (note, dont ever go to Universal MINI, worst dealership ever, easily)

Old 05-22-2006, 08:44 AM
cooldude7
2nd Gear
The MINI I ordered was Chili Red/White Top, Premium/Sport/Weather Package, black/gray leatherette seats, white alloy wheels, silver dash top.

The one that I picked up is 90% similar which is Chili Red/White Top, Premium/Sport/Weather Package, black/gray leatherette seats, silver alloy wheels, patina dash top, and a center armrest. Of course I have to pay couple hundred more for the center armrest in this car.

Well I have no problem getting the MINI I have now because it is really unlikely that a car get stuck @ the port for a month. I just have a really uncomfortable feeling that they are hiding something in behind. I am sure that they know there is something wrong with the car.

On Saturday, I called and find out the "similar MINI" came in early morning. So, I asked to spoke to the manager since my MA wasn't there. He first said he won't be able to give me the "smilar MINI" MSRP but somehow he change his mind and told me if I can get there before certain time he'll get me the deal.

My MA was actually not there the day I picked up the car. Therefore, another MA was helping me to get thur this and told me that "I dont know why she will give it to you for free, it was a mistake, we can take it out if you want" I basically have no choice...

Old 05-22-2006, 09:13 AM
shankrabbit
6th Gear
The MINI I ordered was Chili Red/White Top, Premium/Sport/Weather Package, black/gray leatherette seats, white alloy wheels, silver dash top.

The one that I picked up is 90% similar which is Chili Red/White Top, Premium/Sport/Weather Package, black/gray leatherette seats, silver alloy wheels, patina dash top, and a center armrest. Of course I have to pay couple hundred more for the center armrest in this car.

Well I have no problem getting the MINI I have now because it is really unlikely that a car get stuck @ the port for a month. I just have a really uncomfortable feeling that they are hiding something in behind. I am sure that they know there is something wrong with the car.

On Saturday, I called and find out the "similar MINI" came in early morning. So, I asked to spoke to the manager since my MA wasn't there. He first said he won't be able to give me the "smilar MINI" MSRP but somehow he change his mind and told me if I can get there before certain time he'll get me the deal.

My MA was actually not there the day I picked up the car. Therefore, another MA was helping me to get thur this and told me that "I dont know why she will give it to you for free, it was a mistake, we can take it out if you want" I basically have no choice...
First of all... that dealership sounds very SHAAAADY.

Secondly, your car is sitting WAY to long at the port, they won't tell you why. Then they offer you a "similiar" car, but MAKE you pay for the arm rest?

Thirdly, what is this crazy talk of "we'll get you a deal if you get in by this time"... what deal? MSRP? THATS THE PRICE OF THE **** CAR!

I hate shady dealers. These guys were not nice to you, and I would raise a HUGE stink with MINIUSA if I were you.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:46 PM
dansmini
5th Gear
I agree, this all sounds very shady. Something is not right about all of this. And the whole thing about getting there by a certain time reminds me of local ads here for a carpet outlet "Walk, crawl, or take the bus, but get to Buddy's Carpet Barn by 9:00 PM Wednesday!"

Old 05-22-2006, 03:24 PM
cooldude7
2nd Gear
Are there any where that I could leave my comments at miniusa?

The other interesting thing was... after all these, they hand me a servey and told me that they think they are pretty thorough and pretty much told me to fill out a 5 on the servey. AFter all these, they can still ask me to filled out a good grade for them?